Expressions - Collocations of the word " awkward "
|awkward angle||1) And you may find adjustable soil and drain elbows, useful for awkward angles .|
2) It was positioned at an awkward angle with its head down and facing me.
more awkward angle sentences
|awkward attempt||1) It wasn't even necessary to keep his first awkward attempts at removing Mary's bra or meeting her parents.|
2) At the beginning of the visit, Jane made several awkward attempts to interact with Sam, but without success.
more awkward attempt sentences
|become awkward||1) The ice contract became very awkward for the Russian colony.|
2) Fortunately he scurried back before the silence became awkward.
more become awkward sentences
|be awkward||1) Keeping my address books straight is awkward.|
2) I agree the button layouts are awkward.
more be awkward sentences
|clumsy awkward||1) She felt clumsy and awkward; but irritated too.|
2) This can make you feel clumsy or awkward.
more clumsy awkward sentences
|awkward conversation||1) What an awkward conversation that was going to be.|
2) They engage in an awkward conversation before going on their way.
more awkward conversation sentences
|awkward encounter||1) This can lead to some problems and possibly awkward encounters .|
2) A stumbling, awkward first encounter rarely ripens into intimacy.
more awkward encounter sentences
|extremely awkward||1) He was a very engaging lecturer but was extremely awkward in personal interactions afterward.|
2) The holiday turns out badly and the relationship deteriorates and becomes extremely awkward.
more extremely awkward sentences
|awkward fact||1) Certainly, that awkward fact of life diminished respect.|
2) It is possible, though, to make too much of this undoubtedly awkward fact .
more awkward fact sentences
|feel awkward||1) This usually left him feeling awkward in social situations.|
2) Erm and usually it feels very awkward.
more feel awkward sentences
|few awkward||1) After a few awkward moments she hangs up.|
2) In the Surrey side he inherited were a few reputedly awkward personalities.
more few awkward sentences
|get awkward||1) This is where things get more awkward.|
2) Let's move on before this gets awkward.
more get awkward sentences
|heavy awkward||1) They soon become too heavy and awkward to hold onto.|
2) The stones are heavy and awkward to lift.
more heavy awkward sentences
|incredibly awkward||1) The layout of the book is incredibly awkward.|
2) I was incredibly awkward at first.
more incredibly awkward sentences
|awkward interaction||1) Our easy banter had suddenly been replaced by strained and awkward interaction .|
2) This protects the sensitive information, but can create an awkward customer interaction .
more awkward interaction sentences
|little awkward||1) The plotting is perhaps a little awkward.|
2) It definitely makes things a little awkward .
more little awkward sentences
|look awkward||1) The effects of poor posture goes far beyond just looking awkward.|
2) The symbol formerly known as " the" looks awkward.
more look awkward sentences
|awkward moment||1) There was an awkward moment last night.|
2) It was a very, very awkward moment .
more awkward moment sentences
|painfully awkward||1) He is painfully awkward and a terrible liar.|
2) Sometimes appropriate, but sometimes painfully awkward and misplaced.
more painfully awkward sentences
|particularly awkward||1) This revenue crunch is particularly awkward for Venezuela.|
2) The predicament of the Attorney General during the protracted proceedings had been particularly awkward.
more particularly awkward sentences
|awkward pause||1) An awkward pause for me now occurs .|
2) Thus, there are occasional flubs and awkward pauses .
more awkward pause sentences
|awkward phase||1) We 're in a sort of racially awkward phase in this country.|
2) They might just be going through an awkward phase or fighting for independence.
more awkward phase sentences
|awkward position||1) The war placed dominion governments in an awkward position .|
2) I was recently put into an awkward position .
more awkward position sentences
|potentially awkward||1) Even getting you home for a visit is a rare and potentially awkward event .|
2) Ken knows he has dodged a potentially awkward situation, and he is relieved.
more potentially awkward sentences
|pretty awkward||1) The grandfatherly tone is sometimes pretty awkward.|
2) It can be pretty awkward at times.
more pretty awkward sentences
|prove awkward||1) France, traditionally more protectionist, could prove more awkward.|
2) This proved very awkward to use.
more prove awkward sentences
|awkward question||1) There are still awkward questions to be confronted.|
2) Strategy guys have been asking an awkward question recently .
more awkward question sentences
|quite awkward||1) They're quite awkward to deal with.|
2) Beyond a limit, aural input is quite awkward.
more quite awkward sentences
|rather awkward||1) I found these rather awkward to fit.|
2) Using these in my build is currently rather awkward.
more rather awkward sentences
|seem awkward||1) Now try measuring some that seem awkward.|
2) Depending on third parties to extract our own information seems awkward.
more seem awkward sentences
|shy awkward||1) He is a shy, awkward young man.|
2) That first term I was very shy and awkward.
more shy awkward sentences
|awkward silence||1) This was a long and awkward silence .|
2) The martial music was met with an awkward silence .
more awkward silence sentences
|awkward situation||1) Rules of etiquette were developed to minimize awkward situations involving boundaries.|
2) It is a very, very awkward situation .
more awkward situation sentences
|slightly awkward||1) There was a slightly awkward silence.|
2) Pity, it looks better than the somehow still slightly awkward hatch.
more slightly awkward sentences
|socially awkward||1) Maybe I am socially awkward and shy.|
2) I am socially awkward in any male fraternisation situation .
more socially awkward sentences
|sometimes awkward||1) Will giving your needs be sometimes awkward?|
2) Greinke was quiet and sometimes awkward in the clubhouse.
more sometimes awkward sentences
|somewhat awkward||1) The fact that my step is somewhat awkward does not matter.|
2) Not if young Thara and her somewhat awkward .
more somewhat awkward sentences
|sound awkward||1) Does anything sound awkward when you read the eulogy aloud?|
2) PJ, it just sounds awkward.
more sound awkward sentences
|awkward step||1) They walk slowly, Iain checking his pace to Andrew's naturally awkward step .|
2) They may push a baby on a swing or cheer its first awkward steps .
more awkward step sentences
|stiff awkward||1) No sir or ma 'am, I am just stiff awkward and white.|
2) The voice and the slightly jerky, stiff, awkward demeanour are just right.
more stiff awkward sentences
|awkward teenager||1) Like an awkward teenager, however, Facebook is finding that growing up can be painful.|
2) I t's that one night of the year when you feel like an awkward teenager again.
more awkward teenager sentences
|too awkward||1) Maybe she felt it was too awkward?|
2) Well this might be th this might be too awkward this.
more too awkward sentences
|very awkward||1) The style was very awkward and clumsy.|
2) Green is in a very awkward position.
more very awkward sentences
|a little awkward||1) The plotting is perhaps a little awkward.|
2) It definitely makes things a little awkward .
more a little awkward sentences
|awkward about||1) Sophie often feels awkward about her flings the following morning.|
2) Today, it makes me feel awkward about carrying a purse.
more awkward about sentences
|awkward adolescent||1) This is the journey of a typical bachelor King Penguin from awkward adolescent to accomplished adult .|
2) Adam Brody portrays Seth Cohen, the awkward adolescent son of Sandy and Kirsten Cohen.
more awkward adolescent sentences
|awkward age||1) He was approaching the awkward age in a professional golfer's career.|
2) Pam : Well you know, at that time it was an awkward age.
more awkward age sentences
|awkward corner||1) AirRam's edge cleaning technology helps you get into those awkward corners.|
2) The Newcastle full-back was in great form, his fielding and kicking getting his side out of some awkward corners.
more awkward corner sentences
|awkward gait||1) They usually have an awkward gait and as well with some dysarthria.|
2) Phoenix lost significant weight for the role and came up with Freddie's awkward gait.
more awkward gait sentences
|awkward gap||1) One of the quickest ways of sealing awkward gaps is to use an expanding foam filler.|
2) And it could fill an awkward gap if she has dumped any photos of her estranged husband Mick Jagger.
more awkward gap sentences
|awkward hug||1) I can't wait to share an awkward hug with her.|
2) Carruthers gave counsel a two-handed shake that turned into an awkward hug .
more awkward hug sentences
|awkward shape||1) This simplifies fitting around awkward shapes.|
2) Do you think it is too big or has an awkward shape?
more awkward shape sentences
|awkward stage||1) He was entering that awkward stage of early adolescence and had become a somewhat ungainly-looking boy.|
2) Anyways, thankfully I didn't have the awkward stage when I started no poo.
more awkward stage sentences
|awkward transition||1) Don't glare at me like that ... all students go through this awkward transition phase.|
2) With no rounded sides to work with, interior cabinetry and decorations install easily and without awkward transitions.
more awkward transition sentences
|awkward with||1) And it's awkward with bound hands.|
2) At first he was awkward with using his flight ring.
more awkward with sentences
|awkward||1) Many common letter combinations require awkward finger motions.|
2) Keeping my address books straight is awkward.
more awkward sentences
|fairly awkward||1) That also holds true for those who seem fairly awkward socially and are lonely .|
2) It does work (although the standing-up version is fairly awkward.) Guess when your opponent is going to strike, and anticipate.
more fairly awkward sentences
|make awkward||1) Pelicans are birds that are known for making awkward landings .|
2) Dadliest Catch ought to be frustrating – making awkward controls the primary challenge is rarely wise .
more make awkward sentences
|terribly awkward||1) The pin on my tongue is terribly awkward.|
2) I felt terribly awkward : "uh oh, who pays?
more terribly awkward sentences
Expressions with the word awkward
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: