Expressions - Collocations of the word " avert "
|avert bankruptcy||1) New York City barely averted bankruptcy in 1975.|
2) The three automakers have asked Congress for loans to help them avert bankruptcy .
more avert bankruptcy sentences
|avert catastrophe||1) Thus, a terrible catastrophe was averted.|
2) It is the last chance to avert a catastrophe .
more avert catastrophe sentences
|avert cliff||1) Where is the room for real bipartisanship to avert this fiscal cliff ?|
2) In addition, the GOP House has already passed legislation to avert the fiscal cliff .
more avert cliff sentences
|avert collapse||1) With solid leadership once more, the Khaganate averted collapse .|
2) INT: What should we do to avert this economic collapse ?
more avert collapse sentences
|avert confrontation||1) To avert nuclear confrontation is, however, clearly the most urgent issue.|
2) The United States said diplomacy must succeed to avert a confrontation with the Islamic Republic.
more avert confrontation sentences
|avert crisis||1) The world at large mistakenly believes the crisis is averted.|
2) The branch remained open and the crisis was averted.
more avert crisis sentences
|avert danger||1) How do you avert this imminent danger .|
2) May all dangers be averted and all disease be gone.
more avert danger sentences
|avert destruction||1) Rather, G-D manages people and history in many ways to avert destruction .|
2) She calls the chief minister, who promptly averts the destruction of the cowshed.
more avert destruction sentences
|avert disaster||1) How closely disaster was averted is again debatable.|
2) Fortunately the cat is found and disaster is averted.
more avert disaster sentences
|avert illness||1) The average costs per averted illness is the cost-effectiveness of each option relative to the baseline.|
2) The food safety benefits reported in the table are the values of averted illnesses from increased food safety.
more avert illness sentences
|narrowly avert||1) Arguments developed easily and fist fights were narrowly averted.|
2) The police were called: arrest narrowly averted.
more narrowly avert sentences
|only avert||1) Civil war was only averted by negotiation, or rather by Edward's virtual surrender.|
2) Dacre's appearance in the High Court was only averted by a few days.
more only avert sentences
|avert shutdown||1) averting a shutdown is supposed to be easy .|
2) Fixbits : The House passed the CR bill to avert a government shutdown .
more avert shutdown sentences
|avert strike||1) Later that same year, another strike was narrowly averted.|
2) After Bottomley's intervention the strike was averted.
more avert strike sentences
|avert threat||1) But even if these threats are averted, eventually Earth is to become uninhabitable.|
2) On Aug. 4, UN team members intervened to avert a threat of violent conflict in Ciskei.
more avert threat sentences
|thus avert||1) However, Luna apologized to Rizal, thus averting a duel between the compatriots.|
2) Towers personally led the vigorous and successful effort to suppress the flames kindled by the explosion and thus averted a catastrophe.
more thus avert sentences
|avert tragedy||1) The place to avert tragedy is in Ukraine.|
2) Could she have averted the tragedy ?
more avert tragedy sentences
|avert war||1) Every possible effort should be made to avert war .|
2) Civil war was averted, and the referendum was held.
more avert war sentences
|an attempt to avert||1) In an attempt to avert his conviction, Schultz asked the Commission for permission to kill Dewey, which they refused.|
2) The London Naval Conference of 1930 was an attempt to avert a renewal of the naval arms race in the midst of a global economic slump and the rise of challengers to the existing international order.
more an attempt to avert sentences
|an effort to avert||1) In an effort to avert suicidal thoughts, he sought help at a sanatorium in Wellesley, Massachusetts.|
2) Police have been serving injunctions on New Age travellers in an effort to avert a mass gathering this Bank Holiday.
more an effort to avert sentences
|avert a crisis||1) Will we avert a crisis of food supply shortage?|
2) California just barely averted a crisis.
more avert a crisis sentences
|avert a strike||1) Negotiations with the outside workers went to the deadline and a deal was made averting a strike or lockout.|
2) But the Wagner bill, which might have averted a strike by establishing stronger protections for workers, had little chance of passing.
more avert a strike sentences
|avert a threat||1) On Aug. 4, UN team members intervened to avert a threat of violent conflict in Ciskei.|
2) There is no harm in a person using his power to consent in order to avert a threat or to extricate himself or others from a dire situation.
more avert a threat sentences
|avert conflict||1) But such organizations have had only limited success in restraining national ambitions and averting conflicts between states.|
2) However, you should not join the myth-makers who simplistically assert that earlier outside resolve might have averted conflict.
more avert conflict sentences
|avert eye||1) Or is he or she averting eyes ?|
2) avert eyes while replacing battery.
more avert eye sentences
|avert my gaze||1) I averted my gaze and felt uncomfortable.|
2) Although I wanted cognitive space for my own pursuits, averting my gaze was not to bury my head.
more avert my gaze sentences
|avert your eyes||1) Instead avert your eyes down and away .|
2) If you are hungry, be sure to avert your eyes.
more avert your eyes sentences
|avert||1) How closely disaster was averted is again debatable.|
2) Apocalypse has been entirely averted thus far .
more avert sentences
|be able to avert||1) The Doctor is able to avert this, but incurs fatal injuries.|
2) Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue.
more be able to avert sentences
|fail to avert||1) Globocrats failed to avert the crisis, but they rallied once it struck.|
2) When that remedy failed to avert a four-game losing streak, Knox gave Krieg another chance.
more fail to avert sentences
|manage to avert||1) Animal Man manages to avert the crisis.|
2) He manages to avert the disaster and Eli is arrested.
more manage to avert sentences
|quickly avert||1) He quickly averts his gaze and pulls the door shut.|
2) We both go, "hey" and quickly avert our gaze.
more quickly avert sentences
|try to avert||1) General principles have been included to try to avert intolerant regimes being created.|
2) KC will send out Ervin Santana to try to avert that.
more try to avert sentences
Expressions with the word avert
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: