avert strike in a sentence
1) Later that same year, another strike was narrowly averted.
2) After Bottomley's intervention the strike was averted.
3) On that note, we turn to a less likely backstop coming through to avert an opposing strike .
4) The new contract averted a national strike and included pension gains, job security language and significant wage increases.
avert strike example sentences5) The strikes were averted when Russia brokered a deal to destroy Assad's chemical arsenal by mid-2014.
6) Negotiations with the outside workers went to the deadline and a deal was made averting a strike or lockout.
7) On May 31, the Toledo Central Labor Council asked President Roosevelt to intervene to avert a general strike .
8) THE Premier League yesterday came up with a peace formula that seemed likely to avert the first strike by English footballers.
9) In April 1941, Fairless agreed to a 10 cents an hour wage increase to avert a SWOC strike in steel.
10) However, it appears that in Essex at least, individual college principals have agreed to negotiate their introduction and avert strikes .
11) The strike was averted hours before it was scheduled to begin, when the school board approved a new budget and announced that the checks due to the teachers had been mailed with all possible haste.
12) But the Wagner bill, which might have averted a strike by establishing stronger protections for workers, had little chance of passing.
13) The NUT and NASUWT staged rolling strikes on a regional basis in October 2013, though a national strike was temporarily averted after talks were agreed.
14) A threatened school teachers' strike was averted in November, but not before a meeting of school students in support of their teachers had been broken up by riot police.
example sentences with avert15) And in New York, 30,000 SEIU Local 32BJ apartment building workers–doormen, security guards, bellhops, and others–averted a strike and won a new contract.
16) Following mediation by the Prime Minister to avert more strikes, increases of up to 3.5 per cent above the guaranteed four-monthly index-linked rises were agreed for various sectors on Feb. 20.
17) In fact, the principal reason for the government's decision to avert a strike at that time was because coal stocks were low, and a strike would have had a serious effect very quickly (see below).
18) Following a narrowly averted strike in 1981, the government announced in 6 March 1984 their intention to close 20 coal mines, revealing as well the plan in the long-term to close over 70 pits.
19) In July 1948, a strike was averted at the last minute as the SAG and major producers agreed upon a new collective bargaining contract.
20) Wilson also averted a railroad strike and an ensuing economic crisis through passage of the Adamson Act, imposing an 8-hour workday for railroads.
21) In August 2011, the Writers Guild of America, East, AFL-CIO, announced the unionization of the "Onion News Network" writing staff, averting a potential strike which hinged on pay and benefits.
22) Paige was removed from the roster and the a strike was averted when the owners agreed to raise the player payments (the East's team accepted $200 each, while the West's players agreed to $100).
23) After narrowly averting yet another strike last year, AT u0026T might easily have decided to treat its relations with the unions as little more than an exercise in damage control.
24) A players' strike was averted only after a top-level six-hour meeting last week, but Fry revealed some players were still not happy with their pay-slips, allegedly short of £60.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of avert strike
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of avert strike with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with avert strike
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word avert strike in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with avert strike.
20 examples of simple sentences of avert strike. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of avert strike
Compound Sentences with avert strike
Complex Sentences with avert strike
Compound-Complex Sentences with avert strike