an effort to avert in a sentence
1) In an effort to avert suicidal thoughts, he sought help at a sanatorium in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
2) Police have been serving injunctions on New Age travellers in an effort to avert a mass gathering this Bank Holiday.
3) Fresh talks are underway between the rail unions and BR, in an effort to avert Friday's second one-day national strike.
4) Israeli troops yesterday clamped a curfew on the 650,000 Arabs in the Gaza Strip in an effort to avert unrest on Saturday.
an effort to avert example sentences5) Thry are to continue talks with the northern parties at Hillsborough Castle today in an effort to avert a collapse of power-sharing in Belfast.
6) Yes, legal battles would ensue should this happen and we can also expect to have Chinese political figures downplay the story in an effort to avert panic.
7) Harrison makes an effort to avert this (to an extent) in his Starworld novel, although the novel only has one space battle.
8) In an effort to avert such evils, the parents arrange that the lovers will quickly be married to each other and then sent to Egypt for their safety.
9) Tchaikovsky virtually disowned his niece in an effort to avert a falling-out, while von Meck hid from him her true feelings about what was taking place.
10) Several historic trees stood on the site including the "Crittenden Oak" which marks the spot where John J. Crittenden made an address in an effort to avert the Civil War.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of an effort to avert
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of an effort to avert with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with an effort to avert
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word an effort to avert in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with an effort to avert.
20 examples of simple sentences of an effort to avert. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of an effort to avert
Compound Sentences with an effort to avert
Complex Sentences with an effort to avert
Compound-Complex Sentences with an effort to avert