avert catastrophe in a sentence
1) Thus, a terrible catastrophe was averted.
2) It is the last chance to avert a catastrophe .
3) It falls to you to avert a catastrophe .
4) We are the last generation who can avert this catastrophe .
avert catastrophe example sentences5) Will the policy makers wake up in time to avert this catastrophe ?
6) But that isn't actually a huge amount to pay for helping to avert climate catastrophe .
7) Fortunately Monboddo's 'ancient politesse' stirred itself, and thereby was social catastrophe averted.
8) This appears in His insisting that no expedient shall be left untried to avert the sad catastrophe .
9) Nathan arrives and averts the catastrophe by flying Peter high into the atmosphere where Peter explodes harmlessly.
10) We urgently need to do – and I mean actually do – something radical to avert a global catastrophe .
11) catastrophe was only averted due to the timely efforts of the entire Dai-Guard team and Shirota's unexpected defection.
12) But as the fight to save our native stock intensifies, could more have been done to avert the catastrophe ?
13) He helped orchestrate a bailout of the fund by the biggest names on Wall Street, averting a financial catastrophe .
14) Computer system users cannot control risk management decisions, but suffer big losses when inadequate protection fails to avert catastrophe .
example sentences with avert15) Towers personally led the vigorous and successful effort to suppress the flames kindled by the explosion and thus averted a catastrophe .
16) You would have thought we were trying to avert a nuclear catastrophe, not trying to find a system of press regulation.
17) catastrophe was averted by the invention of the automobile, a happy accident, really, but a monumental change for the better, at least as far as manure is concerned.
18) Most importantly, "2009 was extraordinary not just for how output fell, but for how a catastrophe was averted" ... " That outcome was not inevitable.
19) They sagely agree with the need to do something to avert the catastrophe it foresees, while promoting the industries that cause it.
20) But at Fukushima, the diesel generators were swamped by floodwaters, and the batteries lasted a mere eight hours – not nearly long enough to get power restored and avert catastrophe .
21) Paulson, Geithner and their collaborators decided that their only option in averting financial catastrophe was to build a firewall to protect our major financial institutions from Lehmann's fate.
22) Intervention only to avert catastrophe : this would involve occasional limited intervention to stop events that could destroy human civilization completely, such as nuclear war or asteroid impact.
23) Needless to say, these fire demons are hung up around banks and currency exchange offices as well, to avert catastrophe to other paper products.
24) There he discovers that the 4400 were kidnapped not by aliens, but by Earth's own future; their purpose is to avert a great catastrophe, and Tom is to help them.
25) He learns that Isaac has predicted an explosion will happen in New York soon, and they are both convinced saving this unknown cheerleader is connected to averting the catastrophe .
26) Admiral Markham, however, would have been tried by court-martial, and no one would have sympathised with him as it would not have been realized that he had averted a catastrophe .
27) The Syracusan cavalry prevented the Athenians from chasing them, thereby averting a catastrophe for the Syracusans, who lost about 260 men, and the Athenians about 50.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of avert catastrophe
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of avert catastrophe with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with avert catastrophe
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word avert catastrophe in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with avert catastrophe.
20 examples of simple sentences of avert catastrophe. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of avert catastrophe
Compound Sentences with avert catastrophe
Complex Sentences with avert catastrophe
Compound-Complex Sentences with avert catastrophe