Expressions - Collocations of the word " awake "
|awake again||1) When he awoke again it was seven.|
2) When he awoke again, it was with a pounding headache.
more awake again sentences
|awake day||1) From the moment they awake each day, their thoughts are with their children.|
2) The grizzly bear rescue reported that Lucy was home and awake the day after her trip.
more awake day sentences
|awake early||1) They had a late night and awoke early !|
2) He awoke early after a disturbed sleep.
more awake early sentences
|finally awake||1) When Alex finally awoke she confirmed Rachel's story.|
2) Budu finally awakes, despite being blind and unable to communicate.
more finally awake sentences
|awake hour||1) Sam awoke a few hours later, grimacing.|
2) Denyakin awoke roughly an hour later and began pounding on the door.
more awake hour sentences
|man awake||1) man awoke being dragged across the grass.|
2) The young man awoke from surgery ready to go home.
more man awake sentences
|awake morning||1) Marion awoke the next morning feeling totally ecstatic.|
2) When she awoke next morning it was raining.
more awake morning sentences
|awake night||1) My legs kept me awake all night long.|
2) Heavy winds keep the engines awake all night .
more awake night sentences
|suddenly awake||1) As sometimes happened she awoke equally suddenly .|
2) Harry awoke very suddenly on Christmas Day.
more suddenly awake sentences
|then awake||1) Borman eventually fell asleep but then awoke feeling ill.|
2) However, they were then awoken by Galvatron.
more then awake sentences
|awake from sleep||1) Ultrabooks also must awake from sleep mode in less than seven seconds .|
2) The other is the Wi-Fi does not work after awaking from sleep mode.
more awake from sleep sentences
|awake from||1) The young man awoke from surgery ready to go home.|
2) I awoke from a bad dream this morning.
more awake from sentences
|awake late||1) I awoke late from a heavy sleep and read my magazines .|
2) When she awoke late in the morning, Belov wasn't there.
more awake late sentences
|awake slowly||1) Claudia came awake slowly, the smell of coffee tantalising her nostrils.|
2) They awoke slowly and very stupidly.
more awake slowly sentences
|awake suddenly||1) He has a tendency to throw a random punch when awoken suddenly.|
2) In the night I awoke suddenly and a strange shout escaped from my mouth.
more awake suddenly sentences
|awake||1) The soldiers were either awake or asleep.|
2) I wish more kids my age were awake.
more awake sentences
|barely awake||1) She was clearly exhausted and barely awake.|
2) Now, I was barely awake too.
more barely awake sentences
|be awake||1) I wish more kids my age were awake.|
2) One falls asleep after having been awake.
more be awake sentences
|come awake||1) Culley came awake in the instant before the phone rang.|
2) Muller stands alone in that group and shows signs of coming awake .
more come awake sentences
|fully awake||1) That thought nearly shocked Fox fully awake again.|
2) Now fully awake, fright overcame her.
more fully awake sentences
|half awake||1) Only Alex seemed more than half awake.|
2) Again, I spent the night half awake and half asleep.
more half awake sentences
|jerk awake||1) Pavel is jerked awake; he sees a uniform.|
2) I jerked awake, startled by some unfamiliar noise.
more jerk awake sentences
|jolt me awake||1) It jolted me awake and made beating this column's deadline tonight much easier.|
2) An instant later, it seems, the buzz from my alarm clock jolts me awake.
more jolt me awake sentences
|keep awake||1) Neighbours were being kept awake by the noise.|
2) But sometimes you need to keep awake .
more keep awake sentences
|lay awake||1) They lay awake in bed afterwards talking.|
2) We lay awake all night startled by strange sounds.
more lay awake sentences
|lie awake||1) They lay awake in bed afterwards talking.|
2) Do you never lie awake at night creating more situations?
more lie awake sentences
|only half awake||1) They were talking in Spanish and I was only half awake.|
2) I was only half awake when I listened to the World Service.
more only half awake sentences
|remain awake||1) The patient will remain awake and fully aware.|
2) We must remain awake, and keep our eyes open.
more remain awake sentences
|shake me awake||1) A few hours later Benjamin shook me awake.|
2) The next morning Benjamin shook me awake.
more shake me awake sentences
|stay awake||1) It helps us stay awake and upbeat.|
2) That made it harder to stay awake.
more stay awake sentences
|still awake||1) I am still awake at night, asking "how"?|
2) Some may describe this state as "sleeping while still awake".
more still awake sentences
|wide awake||1) He was always wide awake and eagerly waiting.|
2) You must be wide awake and alert.
more wide awake sentences
Expressions with the word awake
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: