Expressions - Collocations of the word " backward "
|bend backward||1) Back pain sufferers need backward bending to strengthen and relieve pain.|
2) backward bend, backward bend, backward bend.
more bend backward sentences
|backward compatible||1) Bash is backward compatible with the sh shell.|
2) CI+ is backward compatible with CIv1.
more backward compatible sentences
|count backward||1) After that, the system starts counting backward.|
2) Stark counts backward from five to one.
more count backward sentences
|extend backward||1) Historians date all pre-Christian events using the Julian scale extended backward.|
2) Then, straighten and spread the legs with the top leg extending backward.
more extend backward sentences
|face backward||1) The foramen magnum (hole through which the spinal cord enters) faces directly backward.|
2) Pronation is the opposite action, rotating the hand so the palm faces backward or downward.
more face backward sentences
|fall backward||1) So the tendency is to fall backward.|
2) She fell backward with a face full of blood.
more fall backward sentences
|jump backward||1) jump backward and hang from the top.|
2) So this time immediately jump backward before you get smashed.
more jump backward sentences
|lean backward||1) It is leaning backward to offset a load in front.|
2) In a seated conversation, leaning backward can also communicate dominance.
more lean backward sentences
|look backward||1) He says the industry is looking backward .|
2) This keeps the discussion negative and backward looking .
more look backward sentences
|move backward||1) The forehead moves forward while the cheek bones move backward.|
2) There was a big armored vehicle moving backward and forward .
more move backward sentences
|point backward||1) The ἄρα seems to point backward to the premisses; the οϋν to introduce the inference.|
2) Then the wing is quickly flipped over (supination) so that the leading edge is pointed backward.
more point backward sentences
|remain backward||1) If our political economy remains backward, our intellectual economy has leaped ahead.|
2) Agriculture remained backward, yields were low, markets restricted by low productivity and prosperity lay beyond reach.
more remain backward sentences
|run backward||1) Did you see me run backward into the end zone ?|
2) He will run backward, imagining that all sorts of beasts are pursuing him.
more run backward sentences
|step backward||1) The lights dimmed, and Schiller stepped backward, stage left.|
2) Imagine that the hero steps backward off a rooftop 25 feet above the ground.
more step backward sentences
|walk backward||1) It's like approaching a cliff but walking backward.|
2) We need to learn from Alice here and walk backward.
more walk backward sentences
|bend backwards||1) Note that his right wrist is bending backwards without cocking upwards.|
2) He could bend forwards, but could not bend backwards.
more bend backwards sentences
|backwards compatible||1) It is still backwards compatible as well.|
2) The new guitar controller remains backwards compatible with previous games.
more backwards compatible sentences
|count backwards||1) Once 32,000 was reached the software started counting backwards.|
2) These ranks are called Kyu ranks and count backwards.
more count backwards sentences
|fall backwards||1) As the Toyota moves forward they fall backwards.|
2) Georgia falls backwards and her skirt ends up around her waist.
more fall backwards sentences
|lean backwards||1) He leaned casually backwards against the couch, his knees raised.|
2) Easing herself gently to her feet she leaned slowly backwards.
more lean backwards sentences
|rock backwards||1) She rocked backwards and forwards on the bench.|
2) She cackled and rocked backwards and forwards.
more rock backwards sentences
|roll backwards||1) The petals are extremely wrinkled and rolled backwards.|
2) The knobbly wheels spun for a moment, and then the truck rolled backwards.
more roll backwards sentences
|slide backwards||1) He goes sliding backwards a few feet.|
2) But it is sliding ever backwards in relation to the West.
more slide backwards sentences
|spell backwards||1) Desserts is "stressed" spelt backwards.|
2) His name is "Utrom" spelled backwards.
more spell backwards sentences
|spin backwards||1) Edwards spun backwards and went airborne.|
2) Keselowski touched, and Edwards spun backwards, then went airborne.
more spin backwards sentences
|stagger backwards||1) She was pulled from Nathan's grasp and staggered backwards.|
2) Tightly holding his skull between his hands he staggered backwards.
more stagger backwards sentences
|step backwards||1) She stepped backwards and shook her head.|
2) The figure stepped backwards into the darkness.
more step backwards sentences
|stumble backwards||1) He stumbled backwards and doubled over.|
2) He pushed the defendant again and Karmer stumbled backwards and dropped two knives,.
more stumble backwards sentences
|tilt backwards||1) He wandered off into the shadow, his head tilted backwards.|
2) Avoid having the head tilted backwards.
more tilt backwards sentences
|walk backwards||1) Half moved forward and half walked backwards.|
2) Gale often had to walk backwards before beginning rehearsals.
more walk backwards sentences
|backward and forward||1) There was a big armored vehicle moving backward and forward .|
2) Choosing backward and forward is a matter of personal taste preference.
more backward and forward sentences
|backward direction||1) When the other catches the brick, he also acquires a momentum in the backward direction.|
2) Yet there is a big difference between the forward and backward directions of real time in ordinary life.
more backward direction sentences
|backward glance||1) I took a last backward glance at our injured ship.|
2) Without a backward glance she walked slowly towards his table.
more backward glance sentences
|backward looking||1) This keeps the discussion negative and backward looking.|
2) They were backward looking and based on small samples.
more backward looking sentences
|backward motion||1) Flight occurs either as hovering, or as forward or backward motion.|
2) Practice pushing directly out toward the side, with no backward motion at all.
more backward motion sentences
|backward movement||1) The fur offers little resistance to backward movement in the tunnel.|
2) backward movement or regression where the count is negative.
more backward movement sentences
|backward roll||1) The attacking wrestler then performs a backward roll while holding the waistlock.|
2) Recovery options increased: Ground backward roll added.
more backward roll sentences
|backward somersault||1) During flight, and at the right moment, the bird will go into a series of rapid, backward somersaults.|
2) These can include simple jumps in the pike, tuck, or straddle position, to more complex combinations of forward or backward somersaults and twists.
more backward somersault sentences
|backward step||1) So there is a very considerable backward step.|
2) But aid charities warned diverting money was potentially a major backward step .
more backward step sentences
|backward tilt||1) A backward tilt is positive and a forward tilt is negative.|
2) Caster refers to the backward tilt and forward tilt of your wheel, and like camber, is measured in degrees.
more backward tilt sentences
|backward||1) The hip angle should still close "backward".|
2) The shot was driven through backward point .
more backward sentences
|backwards and forwards||1) This sentence actually reads true both backwards and forwards .|
2) He started shaking it backwards and forwards.
more backwards and forwards sentences
|backwards||1) The occupant thus faced backwards during travel.|
2) That gets equal protection analysis exactly backwards .
more backwards sentences
|be backward||1) The rest of the economy was backward.|
2) They were backward looking and based on small samples.
more be backward sentences
|economically backward||1) De Rivera also worked to build infrastructure for his economically backward country.|
2) Both wings accepted that Russia was an economically backward country unripe for socialism.
more economically backward sentences
|educationally backward||1) A child who is educationally backward 2.|
2) The Sri Lankan Muslims have long been identified as an educationally backward community.
more educationally backward sentences
|extremely backward||1) Scarce Intelligence Imposing limitations upon intelligence is extremely backward.|
2) However, Bearys in rural areas are still extremely backward socially, economically and educationally.
more extremely backward sentences
|roll backward||1) A driver unlucky enough to stall on a grade soon found himself rolling backward.|
2) During the strike, the eyes roll backward into the head for protection.
more roll backward sentences
|seem backward||1) If this seems backward to you it is because of this reason, at Div.|
2) We must remember that God's ways will many times seem backward to the ways of the world.
more seem backward sentences
|slide backward||1) Schools were partially integrated before sliding backward .|
2) The passage being horizontal he will not slide backward.
more slide backward sentences
|spell backward||1) The character's name is "Samuel Taylor" spelled backward.|
2) When I read the about the name spelled backward, what came to mind is Mal Asile.
more spell backward sentences
|stagger backward||1) As Hinkle staggered backward, wounded, Coffee Williams shot him in the chest one time.|
2) Early in the second round, the fighters clashed heads and both staggered backward as referee Steve Smoger called time.
more stagger backward sentences
|technologically backward||1) What are our most technologically backward areas?|
2) A technologically backward species transplanted to the Tau Ceti system a millennia ago, the Celay are the descendants of a slave race belonging to the Rodomok Empire.
more technologically backward sentences
|throw backward||1) Moody was thrown backward onto the office floor.|
2) Someone who is shot and thrown backward a significant distance is a staple Hollywood visual effect.
more throw backward sentences
|very backward||1) That is why Africa especially Nigeria is very backward .|
2) Plus I was never very backward reaching flexible to begin with .
more very backward sentences
Expressions with the word backward
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: