Expressions - Collocations of the word " arctic "
|arctic||1) arctic challenges are approached from several angles.|
2) It is also permanent arctic ocean ice melt .
more arctic sentences
|arctic air||1) And suddenly, the arctic air freezes me.|
2) Another jolt of arctic air sent the mercury tumbling overnight.
more arctic air sentences
|arctic char||1) Bear Island's freshwater lakes are home to a population of arctic char .|
2) It not only supports brown trout but also the fairly rare and secretive arctic char .
more arctic char sentences
|arctic circle||1) The location north of the arctic circle attracts tourists for experiencing the midnight sun.|
2) G.I. Joe had found a container consisting of a prototype Techno-Viper in the arctic circle .
more arctic circle sentences
|arctic climate||1) Sea ice is the most visible feature in an arctic climate .|
2) As a result , they can strongly affect arctic climate change.
more arctic climate sentences
|arctic condition||1) Good luck working on that thing in arctic conditions .|
2) A basic review of how to dress for harsh arctic conditions .
more arctic condition sentences
|arctic environment||1) It is a testimony of an unbelievable adaptability to an arctic environment .|
2) The theory is based on atlatl hunting strategies utilized in a maritime arctic type environment .
more arctic environment sentences
|arctic explorer||1) You are an arctic explorer in 1952.|
2) The first arctic explorers were men with sled dogs.
more arctic explorer sentences
|arctic fox||1) The only indigenous land mammals are a few arctic foxes .|
2) The arctic fox is an opportunistic eater.
more arctic fox sentences
|arctic front||1) The blocking pattern over Greenland also stalled an arctic front which combined with the cyclone.|
2) arctic fronts will have cold and dry air and will usually not have much wind or snow .
more arctic front sentences
|arctic hares||1) arctic hares change fur colour with the seasons.|
2) arctic hares and lemmings are a primary food source for arctic Foxes and arctic Wolves.
more arctic hares sentences
|arctic ice||1) There is no land under the arctic ice .|
2) Recall that the arctic ice increased almost 60% over 2012.
more arctic ice sentences
|arctic island||1) The remote arctic island of Jan Mayen has been administered from Nordland since 1995.|
2) arctic islands north of Norway, Finland and Russia have all shown evidence of glacier retreat.
more arctic island sentences
|arctic ocean||1) It is also permanent arctic ocean ice melt .|
2) The arctic ocean is the northern border.
more arctic ocean sentences
|arctic pole||1) The arctic pole coordinates are now 78.3 deg.|
2) An Indian Navy team comprising 11 members successfully completed an expedition to the arctic pole .
more arctic pole sentences
|arctic region||1) Permafrost is integral to soil stability in arctic regions .|
2) They range throughout the arctic region surrounding the North Pole.
more arctic region sentences
|arctic subarctic||1) An arctic and subarctic breeding bird, visiting Miranda in small groups.|
2) Practically all arctic and subarctic shores are ice-bound from late autumn onward.
more arctic subarctic sentences
|arctic temperature||1) It is very clear in the US and arctic temperatures .|
2) See how well the sum tracks with the arctic temperatures .
more arctic temperature sentences
|arctic tern||1) Offshore, fished arctic terns .|
2) We have publicised the plight of arctic terns , seals, badgers and intensively reared animals.
more arctic tern sentences
|arctic terns||1) arctic terns are considered threatened or species of concern in certain states.|
2) arctic terns have been struggling to keep their chicks warm and dry.
more arctic terns sentences
|arctic tundra||1) There is much wilderness, including extensive arctic tundra .|
2) They breed on the arctic tundra and Iceland is the nearest breeding area to us.
more arctic tundra sentences
|arctic water||1) Kelps are primarily associated with temperate and arctic waters worldwide.|
2) Specially equipped for cruising in arctic waters .
more arctic water sentences
|arctic weather||1) The insulation is truly approved for arctic weather .|
2) Forty went down with frostbite and trench fever in the arctic weather .
more arctic weather sentences
|arctic wind||1) In 2002 arctic wind placed 16 wind turbines on the Gavel.|
2) Cold arctic winds and freshwater input gives the water masses an arctic character.
more arctic wind sentences
|arctic wolf||1) He would insist to his dying day that an arctic wolf had savaged him.|
2) There will also be separate viewing areas for bald eagles , waterfowl, arctic wolves and Canadian lynx.
more arctic wolf sentences
|arctic zone||1) This occurs more often in temperate and arctic zones , than warmer tropical climates.|
2) A new plant is discovered after permafrost is melted in an arctic zone , which renders him unconscious.
more arctic zone sentences
|cold arctic||1) When the boundary moved southeast, the very cold arctic air took over.|
2) Wow darn cold arctic blast.
more cold arctic sentences
|help_outline feedbac||1) The Inuvialuit live in the western Canadian Arctic region.|
2) The Inuit are native to the Canadian Arctic and Greenland.
more help_outline feedbac sentences
|high arctic||1) During this time, eastern Thule spread out throughout the high arctic and into the south.|
2) July 15, 2014 - Climate change isn't threatening reindeer on the Norwegian high arctic archipelago of Svalbard, researchers report.
more high arctic sentences
|the arctic||1) the arctic sea ice is rapidly melting .|
2) the arctic tree line well below us.
more the arctic sentences
Expressions with the word arctic
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: