Expressions - Collocations of the word " appoint "
|appoint||1) The city council appointed school board members until 1969.|
2) Virtually powerless city councils were appointed through similar procedures.
more appoint sentences
|appoint Minister||1) In 1984 he was appointed Minister of Finance.|
2) A Prime Minister was appointed in January 1988.
more appoint Minister sentences
|appoint Secretary||1) Salman was appointed Secretary in August 2006.|
2) Jamal was appointed Secretary to the Executive.
more appoint Secretary sentences
|appoint a Cabinet||1) The normal practice is to appoint a Cabinet of fifteen to twenty-five members.|
2) Soon he will appoint a Cabinet that must steer the ship of State.
more appoint a Cabinet sentences
|appoint a board||1) He appointed a board of Control that made most decisions.|
2) Moses did not appoint a board of directors and a new CEO.
more appoint a board sentences
|appoint a captain||1) He had been appointed a captain on 21st October 1914.|
2) Later that year, he was appointed a captain in the 7th U.S. Cavalry.
more appoint a captain sentences
|appoint a chairman||1) So instead of directly appointing a chairman .|
2) The Nominations Committee shall appoint a chairman from its members.
more appoint a chairman sentences
|appoint a commission||1) The government responded to the growing clamour by appointing a commission .|
2) The government appointed a commission to study the feasibility of the suggested merger.
more appoint a commission sentences
|appoint a committee||1) The GA appointed a committee to examine the matter.|
2) Let them appoint a committee to judge the results.
more appoint a committee sentences
|appoint a deputy||1) Brooks was appointed a deputy public defender .|
2) The mayor may appoint a deputy mayor if needed.
more appoint a deputy sentences
|appoint a director||1) The directors may appoint a director to chair their meetings.|
2) He was appointed a director in July 2003.
more appoint a director sentences
|appoint a lawyer||1) Do I need to appoint a lawyer ?|
2) You need to appoint a lawyer to draw up your loan documentation.
more appoint a lawyer sentences
|appoint a leader||1) I will appoint a leader for each expert group just for today.|
2) appoint a leader , and let him beat up for volunteers.
more appoint a leader sentences
|appoint a manager||1) East Stirlingshire did not officially appoint a manager until 1966.|
2) The brewery decides to appoint a manager rather than sell the licence.
more appoint a manager sentences
|appoint a minister||1) Knox was appointed a minister at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh.|
2) However, the Japanese government refrained from appointing a minister Plenipotentiary to Israel until 1955.
more appoint a minister sentences
|appoint a panel||1) The Department of Civil Aviation immediately appointed a panel of two to investigate the accident.|
2) The UNHRC has appointed a panel led by William Schabas to investigate war crimes allegations by both sides.
more appoint a panel sentences
|appoint a professor||1) On 1 February 1999 Woon was appointed a professor of law.|
2) Hawking was appointed a professor with a chair in gravitational physics in 1977.
more appoint a professor sentences
|appoint a replacement||1) Sometimes provision is made for appointing a replacement expert.|
2) Snyder in 2011 appointed a replacement for Bobb .
more appoint a replacement sentences
|appoint a representative||1) If you appoint a representative , a proper letter of authorization.|
2) CellC had appointed a representative to assist in the matter.
more appoint a representative sentences
|appoint a successor||1) Lincoln did not appoint a successor .|
2) Shoghi Effendi died in 1957 without explicitly appointing a successor Guardian.
more appoint a successor sentences
|appoint an administrator||1) May appoint an administrator for any division.|
2) The court will issue letters of administration and appoint an administrator .
more appoint an administrator sentences
|appoint an auditor||1) To appoint an auditor for the coming year.|
2) To appoint an auditor for the ensuring year.
more appoint an auditor sentences
|appoint an executor||1) appointing an executor with conflicts of interest .|
2) The court will also appoint an executor to the estate, and the estate will be distributed.
more appoint an executor sentences
|appoint an expert||1) However, the ISVA will appoint an expert on application.|
2) Sacramento County appointed an expert on mental health practices , Nancy Callahan.
more appoint an expert sentences
|appoint annually||1) The mayor pro tem is appointed annually by council members.|
2) The officers of the lodge are elected or appointed annually .
more appoint annually sentences
|appoint as||1) He was appointed as manager four days later.|
2) Feldman was appointed as a health care plan insurer.
more appoint as sentences
|appoint by||1) The fifth member is appointed by the previous four members.|
2) Experts are frequently appointed by professional bodies acting as appointing authorities.
more appoint by sentences
|appoint chairman||1) He was appointed municipal chairman in 2004.|
2) Ross was appointed chairman of the enlarged company.
more appoint chairman sentences
|appoint commander||1) He also was blamed for appointing inadequate commanders .|
2) The governor and commander were appointed by Bavaria.
more appoint commander sentences
|appoint director||1) Weinberg was subsequently appointed director in 1955.|
2) Both appoint four directors plus one independent director .
more appoint director sentences
|appoint governor||1) The governor was appointed by the king.|
2) governors were appointed directly by the caliph.
more appoint governor sentences
|appoint judge||1) It makes those who appoint judges understandably cautious.|
2) The judges are appointed and announced beforehand.
more appoint judge sentences
|appoint manager||1) A new manager was appointed within five days.|
2) Clare Miller is appointed assistant contracts manager .
more appoint manager sentences
|appoint minister||1) His new cabinet included three newly appointed ministers .|
2) The king also appointed three female ministers .
more appoint minister sentences
|appoint officer||1) Some governing bodies appoint a press officer .|
2) No particular officer is appointed the energy agenda.
more appoint officer sentences
|appoint official||1) It is nothing personal against the appointed official .|
2) Lesser titled state officials were also appointed .
more appoint official sentences
|appoint to||1) A committee appointed to study such matters made those choices.|
2) A special master was appointed to oversee reform implementation.
more appoint to sentences
|appoint up||1) Each minister may appoint up to two assistant ministers.|
2) Each member organisation may appoint up to four delegates to represent it.
more appoint up sentences
|appointed||1) The city council appointed school board members until 1969.|
2) Virtually powerless city councils were appointed through similar procedures.
more appointed sentences
|appointed day||1) Did a certain appointed day x set in?|
2) Celebrate the praises of Allah during the appointed days .
more appointed day sentences
|appointed governor||1) King Darius I of Persia appointed Zerubbabel governor of the Province.|
2) In 1933, Roosevelt became President and appointed Morgenthau governor of the Federal Farm Board.
more appointed governor sentences
|appointed member||1) The three appointed members each serve six year terms.|
2) Between 1998 and 2010 the Dominican Republic sent 22 appointed members .
more appointed member sentences
|appointed official||1) Local governments were dissolved, and appointed officials replaced elected mayors and councils.|
2) In Alaska, a constable is an appointed official with limited police powers.
more appointed official sentences
|appointed position||1) The office of City Manager is an appointed , long-term professional position .|
2) Our preparations were quite complete by nightfall, and we all took up our appointed positions .
more appointed position sentences
|appointed representative||1) Normally MAS would act for the shareholders or their appointed representatives .|
2) A number of other companies have also become appointed representatives .
more appointed representative sentences
|appointed time||1) The appointed time has grown very short.|
2) The appointed time came and passed without incident.
more appointed time sentences
|appointing||1) But boards are increasingly appointing a truly independent chair.|
2) They were responsible for appointing war artists.
more appointing sentences
|appoints||1) It appoints committees to examine specific academic matters.|
2) The commissioner in turn appoints numerous deputy commissioners.
more appoints sentences
|be appointed||1) Virtually powerless city councils were appointed through similar procedures.|
2) She has been appointed public relations assistant.
more be appointed sentences
|beautifully appoint||1) The bedrooms are all beautifully appointed in period style.|
2) The house is beautifully appointed and thoughtfully equipped for visitors.
more beautifully appoint sentences
|commission appoint||1) A judicial commission was subsequently appointed to investigate the matter.|
2) A commission was appointed to regulate the streets.
more commission appoint sentences
|commissioner appoint||1) The commissioner in turn appoints numerous deputy commissioners .|
2) How often does the governor appoint county commissioners ?
more commissioner appoint sentences
|committee appoint||1) A committee appointed to study such matters made those choices.|
2) It appoints committees to examine specific academic matters.
more committee appoint sentences
|divinely appoint||1) That is the divinely appointed programme for changing sinners.|
2) It is the divinely appointed educator of mankind.
more divinely appoint sentences
|duly appoint||1) The surveyor was duly appointed by the parties under the lease.|
2) De Botton was duly appointed to the position.
more duly appoint sentences
|formally appoint||1) He was formally appointed on 5 August.|
2) He was formally appointed prime minister on June 30.
more formally appoint sentences
|hereby appoint||1) The Trustee is hereby appointed a Paying Agent. 2.|
2) I hereby appoint Mickey Mouse as the Chief Commander .
more hereby appoint sentences
|jointly appoint||1) The Pou will be jointly appointed by iwi and by the Crown.|
2) Recently, they have been jointly appointed to the national faculty for the NHS Leadership Academy.
more jointly appoint sentences
|luxuriously appoint||1) An elegant 4 Star rated Edwardian hotel with luxuriously appointed rooms.|
2) However, they are larger and are very luxuriously appointed .
more luxuriously appoint sentences
|member appoint||1) The city council appointed school board members until 1969.|
2) The appointed members serve terms of 2 years.
more member appoint sentences
|newly appoint||1) Five members were newly appointed including two women.|
2) His new cabinet included three newly appointed ministers.
more newly appoint sentences
|presidentially appoint||1) Each region is headed by a presidentially appointed governor.|
2) These are headed by presidentially appointed divisional officers ().
more presidentially appoint sentences
|recently appoint||1) The Governing Council recently appointed cabinet ministers to run government departments.|
2) The competition also recently appointed Elizabeth Blanckenberg as administrator.
more recently appoint sentences
|royally appoint||1) The colonial assembly shared power with a royally appointed governor.|
2) The governor of New York was royally appointed .
more royally appoint sentences
|self appointed||1) Certainly more than self appointed importance .|
2) Research the backgrounds of the self appointed leaders of the truth movement.
more self appointed sentences
|specially appoint||1) For special occasions Friends can hold specially appointed meetings.|
2) Your hospital has a specially appointed officer who deals with all complaints.
more specially appoint sentences
|subsequently appoint||1) Watkins was subsequently appointed national indoor coach in 1985.|
2) Weinberg was subsequently appointed director in 1955.
more subsequently appoint sentences
|superbly appoint||1) October 2007 - A wonderful short break in your superbly appointed apartment.|
2) superbly appointed suite with King size bed and LCD TV, DVD.
more superbly appoint sentences
|well appointed||1) It was really well appointed and very spacious.|
2) The room itself was nice and well appointed .
more well appointed sentences
Expressions with the word appoint
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: