Expressions - Collocations of the word " ambition "
|abandon his ambition||1) Abdallah never abandoned his ambition to rule Syria.|
2) But Hazlitt had not abandoned his ambitions as a painter.
more abandon his ambition sentences
|achieve ambition||1) Unknown to him there was limited time to achieve this ambition .|
2) This ought to be sufficient in achieving the total target ambition of £1500.
more achieve ambition sentences
|ambition||1) My personal ambitions are much more modest.|
2) This latter ambition was never fulfilled completely.
more ambition sentences
|ambition be||1) My personal ambitions are much more modest.|
2) This latter ambition was never fulfilled completely.
more ambition be sentences
|ambition burn||1) Yet the flames of ambition burned in Fields at an early age.|
2) Another top result on the road which keeps our play off ambitions burning brightly .
more ambition burn sentences
|ambition grow||1) What have you found best counteracts worldly ambition growing in your heart?|
2) As the idea and Dickens's ambition grew , he began writing.
more ambition grow sentences
|ambition have||1) That ambition has only been partially fulfilled.|
2) That ambition has n't really gone away.
more ambition have sentences
|ambition in life||1) Expensive taste and some ambition in life are the only requirements.|
2) Her main ambition in life is to marry her daughters to wealthy men.
more ambition in life sentences
|ambition lead||1) ambition has led you to your future trajectory.|
2) Napoleon's ambition ultimately led him to overextend his power.
more ambition lead sentences
|ambition make||1) His ambitions made him highly influential in European affairs.|
2) ambitions makes some wonderful additions to The Sims 3.
more ambition make sentences
|ambition of||1) The ambitions of the civil servants were realized.|
2) Its rise has been accompanied by ambitions of global leadership.
more ambition of sentences
|ambition of being||1) The two had the same career ambition of being musicians.|
2) Both Alan and Darlene held the ambition of being named class valedictorian.
more ambition of being sentences
|ambition of doing||1) The reality, however, is that most associates at major firms already do not expect to make equity partner and many have no ambition of doing so.|
more ambition of doing sentences
|ambition seem||1) The object of his ambition seemed just within his grasp.|
2) Whatever that is, his longer-term ambition seems to be increasingly clear.
more ambition seem sentences
|ambition to||1) I hardly dared formulate my ambition to myself.|
2) Have you always had an ambition to act?
more ambition to sentences
|ambition to do||1) John tells us that he has ambitions to do even better next year.|
2) I said, I have no ambition to do that for long.
more ambition to do sentences
|ambitions||1) My personal ambitions are much more modest.|
2) You need someone whose credentials match your own ambitions .
more ambitions sentences
|artistic ambition||1) The musical atmosphere later proved an advantage for her artistic ambitions .|
2) Her artistic ambitions had fallen away .
more artistic ambition sentences
|big ambition||1) But this is a president who had big ambition .|
2) She has big ambitions for her acting career in the future .
more big ambition sentences
|burning ambition||1) His own unashamed, burning ambition is 'to make money.|
2) Any burning ambitions you would like toturn into reality ?
more burning ambition sentences
|career ambition||1) This is a very admirable career ambition .|
2) This gives them responsibility for achieving their career ambitions .
more career ambition sentences
|cherish ambition||1) He had never supposed that it was publishable or that Emmie cherished ambitions of that kind.|
more cherish ambition sentences
|cherish the ambition||1) Mughal ruler Aurangzeb cherished the ambition of converting India into a land of Islam.|
2) From as far back as 1895 Vyaltseva cherished the ambition to become an opera singer.
more cherish the ambition sentences
|dreams and ambition||1) What are my secret dreams and ambitions ?|
2) dreams and ambitions are also considered as goals.
more dreams and ambition sentences
|drive ambition||1) Personal rivalries and conflicting ambitions drove them apart.|
2) These students are often driven by ambition , not ideology.
more drive ambition sentences
|driving ambition||1) WHEN I were a lad I had one great driving ambition in life.|
2) Talented but without driving ambition , Lehmann was during his last years handicapped by Parkinson's disease.
more driving ambition sentences
|expansionist ambition||1) The war was the result of conflicting expansionist ambitions .|
2) They suspected that it concealed Portuguese expansionist ambitions over the region.
more expansionist ambition sentences
|frustrate ambition||1) The first source was frustrated ambition : for seven years from 1915 the party had a share of government.|
more frustrate ambition sentences
|frustrated ambition||1) To frustrated ambition was added frustrated partisanship.|
2) Sometimes the disagreement concerns a strong party leader with frustrated ambitions .
more frustrated ambition sentences
|fulfil ambition||1) In return for their hard work they get a chance to fulfil a lifetime ambition .|
2) The abolition of rates fulfils an ambition of Mrs Thatcher's dating back to 1974.
more fulfil ambition sentences
|fulfill ambition||1) This latter ambition was never fulfilled completely.|
2) I was fortunate enough to fulfill that ambition at an early age.
more fulfill ambition sentences
|full of ambition||1) She's full of ambition , but without a husband, she's considered a failure.|
2) Wu was full of ambition and energy and travelled to many locations where his peers wouldn't go.
more full of ambition sentences
|global ambition||1) The document outlines the global ambitions of the Bush Administration.|
2) American telecom's giants like Bell Atlantic are quite open about their global ambitions .
more global ambition sentences
|grandiose ambition||1) It is also useful to know that Wood does not have grandiose ambitions to build some great new international business .|
2) In the Highlands the process has been all the more hurtful because the usurpers have so often been outsiders with grandiose ambitions .
more grandiose ambition sentences
|great ambition||1) The new members of Humber lodge had great ambitions .|
2) His teenage dreams and great ambitions will be gone.
more great ambition sentences
|harbor ambition||1) Sharif Hassan is also reported to harbor presidential ambitions of his own.|
2) However, he was unaware that his wingmate harbored ambitions of his own.
more harbor ambition sentences
|harbour ambition||1) I have always secretly harboured ambitions of becoming a writer.|
2) I've never harboured leadership ambitions .
more harbour ambition sentences
|have ambition||1) Her films have intellectual ambitions and historical concerns.|
2) He has ambitions of someday becoming a general manager .
more have ambition sentences
|have no ambition||1) She had no ambitions for a career.|
2) Vicky was beautiful - but had no ambition .
more have no ambition sentences
|high ambition||1) None the less, his tennis has high ambitions .|
2) There is no doubt that many children we met had high ambitions .
more high ambition sentences
|imperial ambition||1) British imperial ambition turned elsewhere, particularly to India.|
2) The newly formed states struggled for supremacy and started displaying imperial ambitions .
more imperial ambition sentences
|imperialist ambition||1) Athens by contrast was an unblushing imperialist and would respect Persia's imperialist ambitions .|
2) Argentina is not the only country with colonialist or imperialist ambitions that need to confronted by Her Majesty's Government.
more imperialist ambition sentences
|lack ambition||1) However, these goals also lack ambition .|
2) Some might say he lacked ambition , perhaps he did.
more lack ambition sentences
|life ambition||1) He had achieved his life's ambition .|
2) His life's ambition was to see Him.
more life ambition sentences
|lifelong ambition||1) He was joyous beyond words at having fulfilled his lifelong ambition .|
2) Baker's lifelong ambition was to write.
more lifelong ambition sentences
|limit ambition||1) Born in April 1920, Braham had limited ambitions .|
more limit ambition sentences
|literary ambition||1) He has literary ambitions and shares her interests in poetry.|
2) After leaving her teaching position , she fulfilled her literary ambitions .
more literary ambition sentences
|lofty ambition||1) Well I think Ke $ha has similarly lofty linguistic ambitions .|
2) Woxna isn't the end of Flinders' lofty ambitions .
more lofty ambition sentences
|long ambition||1) It's been a long-held ambition for several people to open a China office.|
2) This represents the achievement of a long-held ambition ,' said a happy Barbara.
more long ambition sentences
|long held ambition||1) It has been a long held ambition of Lauder's Kershaw racing team of driver Stephen Kershaw and passenger Rob Wilson to compete at this level.|
2) It has been a long held ambition to restore Cheddleton to its former glory, and in-turn create a living museum for visitors to enjoy.
more long held ambition sentences
|long standing ambition||1) It has been a long standing ambition of mine to ship the car to the USA and complete a major tour in your country.I will be bringing it back!!|
more long standing ambition sentences
|main ambition||1) My main ambition is to play something magical on the piano.|
2) However, his main ambitions still lie over two laps.
more main ambition sentences
|modest ambition||1) Yet he started his career with a very modest ambition .|
2) While others had comparatively modest ambitions , her heart was set on becoming a star.
more modest ambition sentences
|motivate ambition||1) Their love was genuine, although originally motivated by mutual political ambitions .|
2) Each conversion was motivated by political ambition to become the Kalmyk Khan.
more motivate ambition sentences
|naked ambition||1) You have to admire the man's naked ambition .|
2) BrewDog have surpassed themselves with their over-inflated egos and naked ambition .
more naked ambition sentences
|nuclear ambition||1) Its sinking effectively ended Nazi nuclear ambitions .|
2) Iran's nuclear ambitions are merely a pretext.
more nuclear ambition sentences
|nurse ambition||1) But Eruani, who is a businessman, promptly denied nursing an ambition .|
2) And she has nursed ambitions .
more nurse ambition sentences
|personal ambition||1) My personal ambitions are much more modest.|
2) He feels no need to conceal his personal ambition .
more personal ambition sentences
|political ambition||1) He spent large sums of money pursuing his political ambitions .|
2) But he may have had political ambitions too .
more political ambition sentences
|presidential ambition||1) The two governors had since denied the speculated presidential ambition .|
2) Was Eisenhower worried about his presidential political ambitions ?
more presidential ambition sentences
|pursue ambition||1) Everyone there pursues one ambition : to leave.|
2) pursuing these ambitions meant that Farmer traveled extensively worldwide.
more pursue ambition sentences
|realise ambition||1) Let's hope that ambition is realised .|
2) Programme for Government targets should help realise these ambitions .
more realise ambition sentences
|realize ambition||1) These ambitions were never realized mainly due to financial troubles.|
2) To realize this ambition he had to go to England.
more realize ambition sentences
|reflect ambition||1) The text simply reflects the ambition of the project.|
2) There is certainly no clear evidence from our survey that teacher education reflects such ambitions .
more reflect ambition sentences
|satisfy ambition||1) Bacalbaşa's literary ambitions were satisfied the same year.|
2) Such a brilliant act would have fully satisfied the ambition of an ordinary woman.
more satisfy ambition sentences
|secret ambition||1) What are your secret ambitions (large and small)?|
2) Documents have revealed that he harbored secret ambitions to reconstruct a large colonial empire in the Americas.
more secret ambition sentences
|selfish ambition||1) Then they likely have selfish ambition .|
2) It's wrong to have selfish ambition .
more selfish ambition sentences
|social ambition||1) She did notice however, the ' social ambition and vanity'.|
2) He learns Swann made an unsuitable marriage but has social ambitions for his beautiful daughter Gilberte.
more social ambition sentences
|sporting ambition||1) Any further sporting ambitions he had were cut short when he was jailed for assault.|
2) He communicated nothing about his sporting ambitions to his mother with whom he lived in Rugby.
more sporting ambition sentences
|territorial ambition||1) Hitler hinted that the Sudetenland fulfilled his territorial ambitions in Europe.|
2) Moscow needs to resume fighting to achieve its further territorial ambitions in Ukraine.
more territorial ambition sentences
|thwart ambition||1) No wonder your ambitions are sometimes thwarted .|
2) Sadly my ambitions were somewhat thwarted .
more thwart ambition sentences
|thwarted ambition||1) GUIL: thwarted ambition - a sense of grievance, that's my diagnosis.|
2) The pronunciamientos of 1824-20 were a combination of officer discontents, thwarted ambition , and liberal principle.
more thwarted ambition sentences
|ultimate ambition||1) She says her ultimate ambition is to get that published too.|
2) In fact , her ultimate ambition is to offer all children basic cognitive workouts.
more ultimate ambition sentences
|unfulfilled ambition||1) It was Loddiges's unfulfilled ambition to write and illustrate a folio work devoted to humming birds.|
2) It was his unfulfilled ambition to give American another Over There for this war, a war thus far without a song to match it.
more unfulfilled ambition sentences
|vaulting ambition||1) Chances presented themselves in different directions to vaulting ambition .|
2) At this juncture died the cardinal of Lorraine, whose infamous policy and vaulting ambition had bathed France in blood.
more vaulting ambition sentences
|with ambition||1) One is a reporter, drunk with ambition .|
2) Recommended for those with ambitions in this contest.
more with ambition sentences
|worldly ambition||1) By all reports Wright was completely lacking in worldly ambition .|
2) He was quite without worldly ambition .
more worldly ambition sentences
|youthful ambition||1) It was Dunlop's experience matched by Edwards' youthful ambition .|
2) Sandro talks about his disappointments with his work, far removed from his youthful ambitions as an architect.
more youthful ambition sentences
Expressions with the word ambition
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com