Expressions - Collocations of the word " arms "
|arms||1) The global arms trade remains completely unregulated.|
2) The arms alone are 8 feet long each.
more arms sentences
|arms agreement||1) Disclosure of the INF violation in July has severely diminished the prospect of further arms agreements .|
2) The treaty which entered into force in June 1988 was the most far-reaching arms agreement to date.
more arms agreement sentences
|arms akimbo||1) arms akimbo , she made herself ready for battle.|
2) arms akimbo , Olga swayed towards her mother.
more arms akimbo sentences
|arms build up||1) The weapons will start to arrive in December; they are supposed to match the arms build up by the Soviet Union.|
2) Further, we would like to draw the attention of the EC to specific assembly segments, villages and gram panchayats where terror has been let loose with an arms build up .
more arms build up sentences
|arms cache||1) Israel targets suspected arms caches and other Hamas sites across Gaza.|
2) IRA arms caches did still exist.
more arms cache sentences
|arms control||1) The peace and arms control summit meeting was postponed.|
2) International arms control means setting and defending international standards.
more arms control sentences
|arms deal||1) The operation took three men suspected of arms dealing into custody.|
2) Other arms deals were signed with Turkey.
more arms deal sentences
|arms dealer||1) We have lots of arms dealers here, too.|
2) The military arms dealers of the world need to go .
more arms dealer sentences
|arms dump||1) The incident happened at an arms dump in a remote area.|
2) The men were returning weapons to an arms dump when they were shot.
more arms dump sentences
|arms embargo||1) The arms embargo was silently removed a few years later.|
2) Western governments imposed economic sanctions and arms embargoes .
more arms embargo sentences
|arms end||1) Its massive arms end in wicked claws and serpents, emitting a grotesque odor of decaying meat.|
2) In this form, its right and left arms end transform into duplicates of the Input Magnum and Stinger Blade respectively.
more arms end sentences
|arms exports||1) The arms exports to Israel must stop.|
2) In 2010, total Russian arms exports amounted to $10 billion.
more arms exports sentences
|arms flailing||1) He toppled sideways with his arms flailing .|
2) He is drowning, arms flailing .
more arms flailing sentences
|arms folded||1) Others stand with arms folded in a serious pose.|
2) Hauser stood still, arms folded across his powerful chest.
more arms folded sentences
|arms industry||1) The government and the arms industry make change impossible .|
2) For the US arms industry , technical failure means permanent commercial success.
more arms industry sentences
|arms inspection||1) Waffenamt - weapons office - arms inspection stamp or mark.|
2) The reports did support the continuation of the arms inspections effort in Iraq.
more arms inspection sentences
|arms inspector||1) A new resolution must insist on unfettered access for the arms inspectors .|
2) The UN arms inspectors are still preparing for their mission and haven't actually entered Iraq.
more arms inspector sentences
|arms length||1) Not knowing for days with nothing beyond arms length .|
2) Inspection within arms length of the component.
more arms length sentences
|arms limitation||1) No significant arms limitations agreements were reached.|
2) In 1979 he took part in the Vienna arms limitation talks.
more arms limitation sentences
|arms manufacturer||1) Legal action against the arms manufacturer was pursued.|
2) Many other arms manufacturers used the FN action.
more arms manufacturer sentences
|arms merchant||1) The arms merchant was found to have fled.|
2) Since the arms merchants were busy separating us, the odds seemed a bit uneven, but who knows?
more arms merchant sentences
|arms outstretched||1) Female figures with arms outstretched were a recurrent motif.|
2) Stand with feet apart, arms outstretched at sides.
more arms outstretched sentences
|arms race||1) The arms race does not ensure peace.|
2) The nuclear arms race shifted into high gear.
more arms race sentences
|arms reduction||1) We need a more comprehensive strategic arms reduction programme.|
2) Only major power arms reduction will encourage marginal states to sign.
more arms reduction sentences
|arms sales||1) The city had become a center of arms sales .|
2) France suspended arms sales to Syria, notwithstanding signed contracts.
more arms sales sentences
|arms shipment||1) In addition, arms shipments to Israel halted.|
2) The delivery of arms shipments was complemented by continuous naval artillery barrages.
more arms shipment sentences
|arms trade||1) The global arms trade remains completely unregulated.|
2) The global arms trade is a lucrative business.
more arms trade sentences
|arms treaty||1) He negotiated nuclear arms treaties with the United States.|
2) The activists used the replica to call for a strong arms treaty .
more arms treaty sentences
|at arms length||1) He held Sean off at arms length and searched his face.|
2) Ruth fended him off, holding him at arms length .
more at arms length sentences
|bear arms||1) Only the samurai class was allowed to bear arms .|
2) His right to bear arms got infringed real good .
more bear arms sentences
|brother in arms||1) Best thing a person can do is find another brother in arms .|
2) in Pipelineistan, Russia and Turkey are now brothers in arms .
more brother in arms sentences
|call to arms||1) This is a call to arms song.|
2) So this is a call to arms .
more call to arms sentences
|canting arms||1) This is called canting arms in heraldic terminology.|
2) In European heraldry, this technique is called canting arms .
more canting arms sentences
|carry arms||1) Q Will they march and carry arms ?|
2) Many who did not carry arms instead carried baggage and supplies.
more carry arms sentences
|coat of arms||1) Its coat of arms has three parts.|
2) The coat of arms is parted horizontally.
more coat of arms sentences
|college of arms||1) Richard also founded the college of arms .|
2) Chesshyre retired from the college of arms on 31 August 2010.
more college of arms sentences
|cross arms||1) They cross arms hiding the sticks from view.|
2) Raise your crossed arms above your head.
more cross arms sentences
|fold arms||1) The socialist Kurdish camp is not sitting with folded arms , either.|
2) folded arms , he was glued to the bench.
more fold arms sentences
|folded arms||1) The socialist Kurdish camp is not sitting with folded arms , either.|
2) folded arms , he was glued to the bench.
more folded arms sentences
|lay down arms||1) Both sides, however, claimed that neither side laid down arms .|
2) The eastern command had laid down arms after losing only 1,300 men in battle.
more lay down arms sentences
|nuclear arms||1) The nuclear arms race shifted into high gear.|
2) This is apparently a veiled reference to nuclear arms .
more nuclear arms sentences
|present arms||1) Two officers standing in front of the troops presenting arms .|
2) The whole peculiar assembly actually presented arms to its Commanding Officer.
more present arms sentences
|rocker arms||1) The valvetrain uses roller rocker arms with hydraulic lifters.|
2) Another disadvantage is the contact point between the cams and rocker arms .
more rocker arms sentences
|secure arms||1) During his tenure he secured arms , military hardware and aircraft for the army from donor countries (India, USA and Great Britain) as military aid.|
2) Black Money PBS Frontline documentary examining BAE's alleged use of political corruption internationally, to secure arms sales
more secure arms sentences
|shoulder arms||1) He will then shoulder arms and stand at ease.|
2) The FO then orders the parade at attention and shoulder arms .
more shoulder arms sentences
|side arms||1) Our war ships and side arms were also superior.|
2) The garrison was permitted to withdraw to Stade taking its belongings and side arms .
more side arms sentences
|small arms||1) It was vulnerable to enemy small arms fire.|
2) There were rockets and light machine gun fire plus small arms .
more small arms sentences
|supply arms||1) Russia also supplied arms to the Armenians.|
2) Armenia supplies arms and other military necessities to Karabakh.
more supply arms sentences
|take arms||1) To take arms , is to arm for attack or defense.|
2) He believes they should be able to take arms to public events.
more take arms sentences
|take up arms||1) To avoid taking up arms and fighting.|
2) They vow never to take up arms again.
more take up arms sentences
|trailing arms||1) Coleman rear trailing arms and watts links with spherical bearings .|
2) It's much less likely to be the trailing arms themselves.
more trailing arms sentences
|under arms||1) In Yorktown there were about eight hundred rebels under arms .|
2) They are not even kept under arms or within camps.
more under arms sentences
|up in arms||1) And already fans are up in arms .|
2) That is why environmentalists are still up in arms .
more up in arms sentences
|with open arms||1) She has been welcomed with open arms .|
2) Not all books are received with open arms .
more with open arms sentences
Expressions with the word arms
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: