Expressions - Collocations of the word " alcohol "
|absolute alcohol||1) Cells were air dried and then fixed with absolute alcohol for 5 minutes.|
2) Then it is dissolved in 100 drops of absolute alcohol and given one hundred succussions.
more absolute alcohol sentences
|abuse alcohol||1) Type 1 alcoholism results from abusing alcohol to relieve anxiety.|
2) She begins to abuse alcohol again and tries cocaine.
more abuse alcohol sentences
|alcohol||1) The overall alcohol problem is far broader.|
2) Thus 86 proof means 43% alcohol .
more alcohol sentences
|alcohol abuse||1) Further character development revealed her alcohol abuse .|
2) alcohol abuse is highly associated with adolescent suicide.
more alcohol abuse sentences
|alcohol abuser||1) Similar studies need to be done in chronic alcohol abusers .|
2) An unusually large proportion of these people are alcohol abusers .
more alcohol abuser sentences
|alcohol addiction||1) Programs that emphasize controlled drinking exist for alcohol addiction .|
2) The science of treating drug and alcohol addiction is constantly changing.
more alcohol addiction sentences
|alcohol advertising||1) alcohol advertising is expensively and meticulously researched .|
2) They should also discuss alcohol advertising with them, she added.
more alcohol advertising sentences
|alcohol concentration||1) The PAC stands for prohibited alcohol concentration .|
2) There are often wide variances between breath and blood alcohol concentrations .
more alcohol concentration sentences
|alcohol consumption||1) alcohol consumption was never illegal under federal law.|
2) Does alcohol consumption really affect asymmetry perception?
more alcohol consumption sentences
|alcohol content||1) Its alcohol content is 17-18%.|
2) Their alcohol contents vary between 15 and 75%.
more alcohol content sentences
|alcohol dehydrogenase||1) These ions can inhibit oxidative enzymes such as yeast alcohol dehydrogenase .|
2) Humans have at least six slightly different alcohol dehydrogenases .
more alcohol dehydrogenase sentences
|alcohol dependence||1) Long-term alcohol abuse can turn into alcohol dependence .|
2) alcohol abuse can lead to alcohol dependence .
more alcohol dependence sentences
|alcohol dependent||1) All trial participants were alcohol dependent patients who recently abstained from drinking.|
2) Depression, anxiety and panic disorder are disorders commonly reported by alcohol dependent people.
more alcohol dependent sentences
|alcohol free||1) Our products are all provided completely alcohol free .|
2) Later versions were more artificially made and alcohol free .
more alcohol free sentences
|alcohol fuel||1) In time to produce alcohol fuels during World War II .|
2) But the snags to stand-alone alcohol fuel use are many.
more alcohol fuel sentences
|alcohol gel||1) alcohol gel can catch fire, producing a translucent blue flame.|
2) alcohol gel is available at the entrance to the wards and at every bedside.
more alcohol gel sentences
|alcohol group||1) Primary alcohol groups react faster than secondary alcohol groups.|
2) Primary alcohol groups react faster than secondary alcohol groups .
more alcohol group sentences
|alcohol intake||1) Another key factor in hydration is alcohol intake .|
2) Excessive alcohol intake is associated with impaired prospective memory.
more alcohol intake sentences
|alcohol intoxication||1) The same principle applies to alcohol intoxication .|
2) Recreational use produces effects similar to alcohol intoxication .
more alcohol intoxication sentences
|alcohol level||0) Do high alcohol levels hurt a wine?|
1) He recorded alcohol level nearly twice the legal limit.
2) This technique has the added benefit of keeping alcohol levels moderate.
more alcohol level sentences
|alcohol limit||1) Zero blood alcohol limits for young drivers.|
2) Blood tests revealed he was almost twice the legal alcohol limit .
more alcohol limit sentences
|alcohol misuse||1) Drug and alcohol misuse plays a big role.|
2) There are many factors that can contribute to alcohol misuse .
more alcohol misuse sentences
|alcohol poisoning||1) Violent vomiting is usually the first symptom of alcohol poisoning .|
2) This can lead to alcohol poisoning and severe brain damage.
more alcohol poisoning sentences
|alcohol problem||1) The overall alcohol problem is far broader.|
2) Kay notes the friends were worried about extreme alcohol problems .
more alcohol problem sentences
|alcohol prohibit||1) The drinking of alcohol is strictly prohibited .|
2) alcohol is strictly prohibited in most places.
more alcohol prohibit sentences
|alcohol prohibition||1) alcohol prohibition as a public health innovation.|
2) Oak Park has a history of alcohol prohibition .
more alcohol prohibition sentences
|alcohol sales||1) Other towns permit alcohol sales 24 hours a day.|
2) alcohol sales stop 30 minutes prior to closing time.
more alcohol sales sentences
|alcohol soluble||1) Capsaicin is, however, alcohol soluble .|
more alcohol soluble sentences
|alcohol tax||1) In the 19th century alcohol tax and stamp duty were important sources of revenue.|
2) The new entity became the alcohol tax Unit (ATU) of the Internal Revenue Service.
more alcohol tax sentences
|alcohol tobacco||1) Stop using alcohol , tobacco , and nicotine.|
2) These... include alcohol , tobacco and petroleum and alternative fuels .
more alcohol tobacco sentences
|alcohol use||1) What health problems are associated with excessive alcohol use ?|
2) How does alcohol use affect your workplace?
more alcohol use sentences
|alcohol withdrawal||1) Helping reduce symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal .|
2) But only because taking more alcohol will temporarily relieve alcohol withdrawal .
more alcohol withdrawal sentences
|allyl alcohol||1) In addition to pure olefins, functionalized olefins such as allyl alcohol can be hydroformylated.|
2) The example below shows addition of nitrile oxide to an enantiomerically pure allyl alcohol in the presence of a magnesium ion.
more allyl alcohol sentences
|amino alcohol||1) The amino alcohols can be hydrogenated to give 1,2-amino alcohols, as shown below.|
2) The principal method for synthesizing the starting amino alcohols is through the addition of cyanide anion to a cyclic ketone.
more amino alcohol sentences
|amyl alcohol||1) Equilibria across a copper ferrocyanide and an amyl alcohol membrane.|
2) Ethchlorvynol and tert - amyl alcohol are good examples of tertiary alcohols which saw both medicinal and recreational use.
more amyl alcohol sentences
|avoid alcohol||0) I already avoided consuming alcohol and pig meat.|
1) avoid alcohol to rid yourself of acid reflux.
2) They were required to avoid alcohol and tobacco.
more avoid alcohol sentences
|ban alcohol||1) The government tried to ban alcohol once .|
2) For alcohol is banned on the island.
more ban alcohol sentences
|benzyl alcohol||1) As a preservative, the injectable solution contains benzyl alcohol .|
2) Contact lens solutions often contain preservatives such as thiomersal, benzalkonium chloride, and benzyl alcohol .
more benzyl alcohol sentences
|blood alcohol||1) Zero blood alcohol limits for young drivers.|
2) Benoit also tested negative for blood alcohol .
more blood alcohol sentences
|blood alcohol concentration||1) There are often wide variances between breath and blood alcohol concentrations .|
2) Space your alcoholic drinks out to keep the desired blood alcohol concentration .
more blood alcohol concentration sentences
|blood alcohol content||1) This article is about generic devices for estimating blood alcohol content .|
2) Her blood alcohol content was 1.35%.
more blood alcohol content sentences
|blood alcohol level||1) However, their average blood alcohol levels did not change.|
2) Remember that the drunk driving blood alcohol level is 0.0.
more blood alcohol level sentences
|bottle of alcohol||1) The bottles of alcohol were displayed for the jury.|
2) I went for a bottle of alcohol .
more bottle of alcohol sentences
|caffeine alcohol||1) Avoid drinks with caffeine , alcohol , and large amounts of sugar.|
2) Examples include caffeine , alcohol , cocaine, LSD, and cannabis.
more caffeine alcohol sentences
|cetearyl alcohol||1) Common examples include emulsifying wax, cetearyl alcohol , polysorbate 20, and ceteareth 20.|
more cetearyl alcohol sentences
|consume alcohol||1) He thought they consumed very much alcohol .|
2) But you had consumed far too much alcohol .
more consume alcohol sentences
|consuming alcohol||0) I already avoided consuming alcohol and pig meat.|
1) Some bees become more aggressive after consuming alcohol .
2) Driving while consuming alcohol may be illegal within a jurisdiction.
more consuming alcohol sentences
|denature alcohol||1) Another thing to try is denatured alcohol .|
2) Products of this kind are called denatured alcohol .
more denature alcohol sentences
|denatured alcohol||1) Another thing to try is denatured alcohol .|
2) Products of this kind are called denatured alcohol .
more denatured alcohol sentences
|diacetone alcohol||1) These products arise via an initial aldol condensation to give diacetone alcohol .|
2) Acetate sheets are soluble in methyl acetate, ethyl acetate, ethyl lactate, diacetone alcohol and tetrachloroethane.
more diacetone alcohol sentences
|dihydric alcohol||1) It is oxidized to produce a glycol monomer dihydric alcohol which is further combined with another monomer, terephthalic acid at a high temperature in a vacuum.|
2) The fiber-forming substance in polyester is any longchain, synthetic polymer composed of at least 85% by weight of an ester of dihydric alcohol and terephthalic acid.
more dihydric alcohol sentences
|drink alcohol||1) She was letting my 12 year old drink alcohol .|
1) Don't assume every guest drinks alcohol or likes wine.
2) Don t drink alcohol before or after a match.
2) Consentual sex after a women drinks alcohol is rape.
more drink alcohol sentences
|drinking alcohol||1) drinking alcohol reduces sperm count in men.|
2) Have something to eat before drinking alcohol .
more drinking alcohol sentences
|drop of alcohol||1) The drop of alcohol will dissolve the shellac if the finish is shellac.|
2) A FORKLIFT truck driver vowed never to touch another drop of alcohol yesterday after being caught drink driving.
more drop of alcohol sentences
|ethyl alcohol||1) Also known as ethyl alcohol .|
2) Simply put, alcoholic beverages are beverages that contain ethyl alcohol .
more ethyl alcohol sentences
|excess alcohol||1) Mr B had been convicted of driving with excess alcohol .|
2) excess alcohol consumption, which can weaken the heart muscle.
more excess alcohol sentences
|excessive alcohol||1) excessive alcohol consumption has been associated with high blood pressure.|
2) excessive alcohol intake is associated with impaired prospective memory.
more excessive alcohol sentences
|fatty alcohol||1) Such processes give fatty alcohols , which are useful for detergents.|
2) These substances show chemical structures based on esters, fatty alcohols , fatty acids and hydrocarbons.
more fatty alcohol sentences
|fetal alcohol||1) Other fetal alcohol effects may occur at lower levels.|
2) Prenatal alcohol exposure is the cause of fetal alcohol syndrome.
more fetal alcohol sentences
|fetal alcohol syndrome||1) Prenatal alcohol exposure is the cause of fetal alcohol syndrome .|
2) Additionally, in pregnant women, alcohol can cause fetal alcohol syndrome .
more fetal alcohol syndrome sentences
|glass of alcohol||1) One glass of alcohol e.g. is even considered healthy.|
2) Comments: Where glasses of alcohol are being served, are they poured as a standard drink?
more glass of alcohol sentences
|grain alcohol||1) Add 1 pint pure grain alcohol of 70-100 proof.|
2) People were making their own or drinking grain alcohol and dying.
more grain alcohol sentences
|industrial alcohol||1) But what is used in sub-lingual therapy is industrial alcohol .|
2) industrial Starch and industrial alcohol production.
more industrial alcohol sentences
|ingest alcohol||1) alcohol absorption can be slowed by ingesting alcohol on a full stomach.|
2) Once ingested , alcohol is quickly broken down by enzymes produced in the liver.
more ingest alcohol sentences
|isopropyl alcohol||1) If necessary clean the connectors with isopropyl alcohol .|
2) The common 70% isopropyl alcohol available in sotres is satisfactory.
more isopropyl alcohol sentences
|isopropyl rubbing alcohol||1) I used wintergreen first aid antiseptic with 50 percent isopropyl rubbing alcohol .|
2) I used 70% and 99% isopropyl rubbing alcohol since that's what I have in the house.
more isopropyl rubbing alcohol sentences
|level of alcohol||1) Even low levels of alcohol consumption carry some risk.|
2) The level of alcohol varies between 60% and 85%.
more level of alcohol sentences
|low alcohol||1) low alcohol presence with a very significant backing of sweetness.|
1) It also results in a lower alcohol content beer.
2) This results in a beverage with very low alcohol content.
2) In the UK, a very sweet, low alcohol wine.
2) Ice wine usually has a slightly lower alcohol content than regular table wine.
more low alcohol sentences
|metabolize alcohol||1) How fast is alcohol metabolized ? 6.|
2) An older baby or toddler can metabolize the alcohol more quickly.
more metabolize alcohol sentences
|methyl alcohol||1) methyl alcohol will actually cause neurological damage even in small amounts.|
2) Further dangers highlighted is that aspartame liberates free methyl alcohol .
more methyl alcohol sentences
|mix alcohol||1) The alcohol was mixed with a soft drink .|
2) He is said to have been mixing alcohol and sleeping pills.
more mix alcohol sentences
|not touch alcohol||1) not touching alcohol or mince pies this Xmas.|
2) Throughout his life, Fred did n't touch alcohol after seeing what kind of person it turned his father into.
more not touch alcohol sentences
|phenethyl alcohol||1) Aromatic alcohols (examples: Tryptophol, tyrosol, phenethyl alcohol (Phenylethanol), benzyl alcohol) are produced by the yeast Candida albicans .|
2) Ethylene oxide enters into the Friedel-Crafts reaction with benzene to form phenethyl alcohol :
more phenethyl alcohol sentences
|polyvinyl alcohol||1) Partial or complete hydrolysis of the polymer is used to prepare polyvinyl alcohol .|
2) Mix Pour in 4% borax solution into the cup of polyvinyl alcohol solution.
more polyvinyl alcohol sentences
|powdered alcohol||1) Some are calling for a ban of powdered alcohol .|
2) But how does one make powdered alcohol ?
more powdered alcohol sentences
|primary alcohol||1) primary alcohol groups react faster than secondary alcohol groups.|
2) primary alcohol groups Are reactive groups present in certain polyol molecules.
2) The primary alcohol in wine and most other alcoholic beverages.
more primary alcohol sentences
|pure alcohol||1) Add a sufficient amount of brandy or pure alcohol for a preservative.|
2) Drinking pure alcohol from a beaker.
more pure alcohol sentences
|rub alcohol||1) I then spray the area with rubbing alcohol .|
2) What is in rubbing alcohol that is so bad?
more rub alcohol sentences
|rubbing alcohol||1) This is most commonly done by using rubbing alcohol .|
2) Mix a few drops of ammonia with 1 cup rubbing alcohol .
more rubbing alcohol sentences
|sell alcohol||1) Money was made by selling alcohol and hosting card games.|
2) He also references businesses that sell alcohol .
more sell alcohol sentences
|serve alcohol||1) The house is licensed to serve alcohol .|
2) It was 21+ because alcohol was served .
more serve alcohol sentences
|smell alcohol||1) You smell alcohol on an employee.|
2) The cop smells the alcohol and you submit to a field sobriety check.
more smell alcohol sentences
|smuggle alcohol||1) alcohol is also smuggled in from neighbouring Assam.|
2) A definition of moonshine is illicitly distilled or smuggled alcohol .
more smuggle alcohol sentences
|stay away from alcohol||1) stay away from alcohol , it can make matters worse.|
2) If you are known to drink excessively, stay away from alcohol when meeting singles.
more stay away from alcohol sentences
|stay off alcohol||1) But the best advice is to stay off alcohol altogether until after your baby is born.|
2) He managed to stay off alcohol because for the first time for a very long time he was truly afraid.
more stay off alcohol sentences
|stearyl alcohol||1) Maghemite nanoparticles synthesized by boiling hematite spindles in stearyl alcohol .|
more stearyl alcohol sentences
|strong alcohol||1) Should we simply outlaw drinks with strong alcohol content ?|
2) Luis has no previous convictions to his name and is unused to strong alcohol .
more strong alcohol sentences
|sugar alcohol||1) Ingredients include 51% agave and 49% sugar alcohol .|
2) Xylitol is a sugar alcohol extracted from corn.
more sugar alcohol sentences
|tertiary alcohol||1) Grignard reagents react with carbonyl groups to secondary and tertiary alcohols .|
2) tertiary alcohols (R1R2R3C-OH) are resistant to oxidation.
more tertiary alcohol sentences
|under the influence of alcohol||1) A girl under the influence of alcohol being abusive and disorderly.|
2) Guests are advised not to swim under the influence of alcohol .
more under the influence of alcohol sentences
|unit of alcohol||1) This is a slow process normally taking an hour per unit of alcohol .|
2) Within this cohort 22 consumed more than 20 units of alcohol a week.
more unit of alcohol sentences
|vinyl alcohol||1) Ethylene oxide is isomeric with acetaldehyde and with vinyl alcohol .|
2) Direct routes to this same ester are not possible because vinyl alcohol is unstable.
more vinyl alcohol sentences
|wood alcohol||1) Another kind of poison is wood alcohol .|
2) The factory produced wood alcohol and acetate.
more wood alcohol sentences
Expressions with the word alcohol
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com