Expressions - Collocations of the word " artificial "
|a little artificial||1) These categories do at times seem a little artificial , and can become contentious.|
2) Next to the drawing room is a little artificial grotto that forms the passage to the study.
more a little artificial sentences
|artificial||1) There is much variation under artificial selection.|
2) Stations using artificial gravity are still purely speculative.
more artificial sentences
|artificial additive||1) There are no artificial additives at all.|
2) Another plus : no artificial additives .
more artificial additive sentences
|artificial aids||1) All he needs is time, no artificial aids .|
2) artificial aids of all kinds are cheaper than the natural resources.
more artificial aids sentences
|artificial barrier||1) The most common artificial barrier is a condom for men.|
2) Intelligent urbanism advocates removing artificial barrier and promotes face-to-face contact.
more artificial barrier sentences
|artificial blood||1) Both natural and artificial blood substitutes are also used.|
2) Major worldwide blood shortages have led scientists to synthesize and test artificial blood .
more artificial blood sentences
|artificial chemical||1) There are many artificial chemicals believed to contribute to obesity .|
2) They are made of virgin wood and contain no artificial chemicals .
more artificial chemical sentences
|artificial climbing||1) Gym climbing : climbing indoors, on artificial climbing walls.|
2) artificial climbing walls allow boulderers to train indoors in areas without natural boulders.
more artificial climbing sentences
|artificial color||1) What ingredient listing is used for artificial colors ?|
2) The harmful aspects of utilizing artificial colors are extensive.
more artificial color sentences
|artificial colour||1) It's completely sugar-free and contains no artificial colours or flavours.|
2) Which artificial colours , flavours and preservatives are used in Heinz products?
more artificial colour sentences
|artificial colouring||1) They contain no artificial colourings , flavourings or added preservatives.|
2) No artificial colouring or preservatives used.
more artificial colouring sentences
|artificial contraception||1) Mainline Protestant denominations have since removed prohibitions against artificial contraception .|
2) Divorce allowing remarriage was banned in 1924 (though it had been rare), and selling artificial contraception was made illegal.
more artificial contraception sentences
|artificial contrivance||1) It made the state not, as with the Vindiciae , the artificial contrivance of men, but a society which supplied human nature with its essential penumbra.|
2) By proposing this ingenious but patently artificial contrivance , Friedman was able to account for the non-neutrality of money in the short run.
more artificial contrivance sentences
|artificial daylight||1) Use fluorescent lamps to give artificial daylight .|
2) With a wide angle lens you will get an effect of artificial daylight .
more artificial daylight sentences
|artificial distinction||1) Departments should stop making artificial distinctions between job-related and personal problems.|
2) Bit of an artificial distinction there , pat.
more artificial distinction sentences
|artificial ear||1) The latest innovation : a 3D-printed artificial ear .|
2) Sometimes artificial ear bones are placed to substitute for damaged ones, or a disrupted ossicular chain is rebuilt in order to conduct sound effectively.
more artificial ear sentences
|artificial emotion||1) It is a completely artificial emotion for which society, and in particular our parents are responsible.|
2) Rousseau believed that the theatre took people away from the community, and replaced any patriotic, unifying spirit with artificial emotions .
more artificial emotion sentences
|artificial entity||1) That artificial entity cannot survive.|
2) Corporations are artificial entities to protect individual owners from liabilities incurred by the corporate entities.
more artificial entity sentences
|artificial example||1) An artificial example is habitat fragmentation due to human land use.|
2) This natural quasicrystal exhibits high crystalline quality, equalling the best artificial examples .
more artificial example sentences
|artificial eye||1) These devices are called shells or artificial eyes .|
2) The artificial eye experiments on humans are far more useful .
more artificial eye sentences
|artificial feel||1) Trims by offsetting null point on artificial feel units for ailerons and rudder.|
2) The artificial feel of the flight controls was lighter on the ADV than on the IDS.
more artificial feel sentences
|artificial fertilizer||1) Modern hay production often relies on artificial fertilizer and herbicides.|
2) The manufacturers of artificial fertilizers benefit, too.
more artificial fertilizer sentences
|artificial fibre||1) Synthetic wigs are made of artificial fibres .|
2) For a brief period artificial fibres were produced in chemical works.
more artificial fibre sentences
|artificial flattery||1) In any other man it would have seemed like meaningless and artificial flattery , but Willi was incapable of being artificial.|
more artificial flattery sentences
|artificial flavour||1) We use all natural ingredients with no artificial flavours , sweeteners or preservatives.|
2) There's all sorts of gums and artificial flavours , acidity regulators and so on.
more artificial flavour sentences
|artificial flavouring||1) Or they could have just used a placebo (with or without artificial flavouring ).|
2) The majority contained inadequate amounts of alcohol and dried fruit and some had artificial flavourings or were cloyingly sweet.
more artificial flavouring sentences
|artificial flower||1) A basket of artificial flowers is then placed inside.|
2) Paper lined with velvet trimmed with artificial flowers and souvenir tokens.
more artificial flower sentences
|artificial flowers||1) A basket of artificial flowers is then placed inside.|
2) Paper lined with velvet trimmed with artificial flowers and souvenir tokens.
more artificial flowers sentences
|artificial gene||1) These predicted sequences can then be validated experimentally through methods such as peptide synthesis, site-directed mutagenesis, or artificial gene synthesis.|
2) Concern has been expressed by some that artificial gene synthesis could be used to recreate the virus from existing digital genomes, for use in biological warfare.
more artificial gene sentences
|artificial grass||1) Cover a bulletin board with outdoor artificial grass carpeting.|
2) All the floors will be covered with artificial grass .
more artificial grass sentences
|artificial gravity||1) Stations using artificial gravity are still purely speculative.|
2) The Jupiter 2 explicitly had artificial gravity .
more artificial gravity sentences
|artificial harmonics||1) Full melodies can be played in artificial harmonics .|
2) This is often combined with natural and artificial harmonics , to make a screaming or squealing sound.
more artificial harmonics sentences
|artificial heart||1) Two renowned heart surgeons race to develop the artificial heart .|
2) By 2004, a fully functioning artificial heart was developed.
more artificial heart sentences
|artificial hip||1) All artificial hip implants carry risks including wear of the component material.|
2) Even pacemakers and artificial hips and knees are taxes .
more artificial hip sentences
|artificial horizon||1) An artificial horizon is useful when the horizon is invisible.|
2) The artificial horizon is given maximum attention 2.
more artificial horizon sentences
|artificial illumination||1) Dark blue also proved effective under artificial illumination during night actions.|
2) It is shaded with artificial illumination to enhance relief.
more artificial illumination sentences
|artificial ingredient||1) It has no artificial ingredients and is free of pesticides.|
2) Real food Choose from products with no artificial ingredients .
more artificial ingredient sentences
|artificial insemination||1) I am pregnant with a child conceived using artificial insemination .|
2) Typically, breeders must undertake artificial insemination of female dogs.
more artificial insemination sentences
|artificial intelligence||1) The key factor is explosive artificial intelligence .|
2) Cooking perfect rice is dirt simple with artificial intelligence .
more artificial intelligence sentences
|artificial island||1) Malaysia has one artificial island and five reefs.|
2) The industry built new artificial island and mobile drilling systems.
more artificial island sentences
|artificial joint||1) artificial joints may be recalled by the manufacturer.|
2) An artificial joint (called a prosthesis) may also be used.
more artificial joint sentences
|artificial joints||1) artificial joints may be recalled by the manufacturer.|
2) Cost-effectiveness of antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedures in patients with artificial joints .
more artificial joints sentences
|artificial kidney||1) In 1943 Willem Kolf built the first artificial kidney machine.|
2) The artificial kidney is an important example of a liquid permeation process.
more artificial kidney sentences
|artificial knee||1) She survived colon cancer and walked with artificial knees .|
2) Previously, the artificial knees were just crude hinges.
more artificial knee sentences
|artificial lake||1) The trenches are turned into artificial lakes .|
2) It had agricultural fields and artificial lakes .
more artificial lake sentences
|artificial language||1) Yet artificial languages never have caught on.|
2) A programming language is a machine-readable artificial language .
more artificial language sentences
|artificial leg||1) He stands upon an artificial leg made of whale bone.|
2) Without an artificial leg , she can only crawl.
more artificial leg sentences
|artificial life||1) So it is also with artificial life .|
2) Santiago Ortiz will be presenting artificial life and information representation works.
more artificial life sentences
|artificial lift||1) Gas lift is another widely used artificial lift method.|
2) Then the oil must be extracted using artificial lift means.
more artificial lift sentences
|artificial light||1) The tournaments are held indoors under artificial light .|
2) This suggests that artificial lights were used.
more artificial light sentences
|artificial lighting||1) It was shot on digital video without artificial lighting .|
2) artificial lighting has been suggested as another potential cause.
more artificial lighting sentences
|artificial limb||1) From 1948 onwards, artificial limbs were provided free.|
2) His leg was replaced with an artificial limb .
more artificial limb sentences
|artificial material||1) The real objects were recreated in various artificial materials .|
2) It may be necessary to make artificial materials .
more artificial material sentences
|artificial nail||1) artificial nails and chipped nail polish harbor microorganisms.|
2) How to fix fix a broken artificial nail .
more artificial nail sentences
|artificial nature||1) Meanwhile the forest has largely lost its artificial nature .|
2) Analysis of the signal demonstrated its artificial nature but its behaviour remains unexplained.
more artificial nature sentences
|artificial pacemaker||1) An artificial pacemaker with electrode for transvenous insertion.|
2) In some cases implants contain electronics e.g. artificial pacemaker and cochlear implants.
more artificial pacemaker sentences
|artificial person||1) The theoretical legal concept of the corporation as artificial person .|
2) A Co. is an artificial person having perpetual succession and common seal created by law.
more artificial person sentences
|artificial pitch||1) In fact, this was a fully artificial pitch .|
2) In amateur matches in some parts of the world, artificial pitches are sometimes used.
more artificial pitch sentences
|artificial preservative||1) Avoid those with artificial preservatives like MSG or fillers.|
2) Free from fillers and artificial preservatives of any kind Manufactured under strict controls.
more artificial preservative sentences
|artificial preservatives||1) Avoid those with artificial preservatives like MSG or fillers.|
2) Free from fillers and artificial preservatives of any kind Manufactured under strict controls.
more artificial preservatives sentences
|artificial radioactivity||1) This emission represents the most important individual oceanic emissions of artificial radioactivity ever observed.|
2) For this first instance of artificial radioactivity , the Joliot-Curies were awarded the 1935 Nobel Prize for chemistry.
more artificial radioactivity sentences
|artificial reality||1) Would they construct an artificial reality in which to live?|
2) Plutonian is taken off world, kept passive in an artificial reality where he is still a hero.
more artificial reality sentences
|artificial reef||1) Many were dumped to create artificial reefs .|
2) It was made into an artificial reef .
more artificial reef sentences
|artificial reproduction||1) Also the final technique used for artificial reproduction must be both cost effective and scalable industrially.|
2) artificial reproduction was not achieved because of the difficulties in hatching or feeding some farmed species such as eel and yellowtail farming.
more artificial reproduction sentences
|artificial reservoir||1) Ahars are artificial reservoirs meant to collect the rain water.|
2) Cheddar reservoir is a near-circular artificial reservoir operated by Bristol Water.
more artificial reservoir sentences
|artificial respiration||1) This process of externally providing ventilation is termed artificial respiration .|
2) She continued to live without artificial respiration for several years afterwards.
more artificial respiration sentences
|artificial restriction||1) And as such they thrive best in open environments that lack artificial restrictions .|
2) Many games and apps will put artificial restrictions unless you make in-app-purchases .
more artificial restriction sentences
|artificial satellite||1) This effect is employed to stabilize some artificial satellites .|
2) artificial satellites and space probes have contributed much new knowledge.
more artificial satellite sentences
|artificial scarcity||1) We are maintaining artificial scarcity because of sheer ignorance .|
2) Copyright thrives on the idea of artificial scarcity .
more artificial scarcity sentences
|artificial scent||1) B. Something that provides an artificial scent . 12.|
2) artificial scents dry the hair shafts, damaging them and making them brittle.
more artificial scent sentences
|artificial selection||1) There is much variation under artificial selection .|
2) This means that artificial selection was probably very weak.
more artificial selection sentences
|artificial silk||1) Celanese acetate was introduced as artificial silk .|
2) In 1907 a new artificial silk was produced specifically for the manufacture of Plauen lace.
more artificial silk sentences
|artificial situation||1) The interview is a very artificial situation .|
2) If we are to control all variables, we have to set up a totally artificial situation .
more artificial situation sentences
|artificial skin||1) Another similar application is a power-generating artificial skin .|
2) In the Borg Queen grafted artificial skin to his forearm.
more artificial skin sentences
|artificial snow||1) artificial snow fell from the ceiling during the performance.|
2) There are tracks with artificial snow that are open all year.
more artificial snow sentences
|artificial surface||1) Mansion Park's first artificial surface was installed in 1989.|
2) Why would you want an artificial surface ?
more artificial surface sentences
|artificial sweetener||1) artificial sweeteners may also facilitate something psychologists call cognitive distortions .|
2) The risk of artificial sweeteners is still very real.
more artificial sweetener sentences
|artificial to||1) We must lead students from artificial to authentic maturity .|
2) I wanted nothing artificial to eat at all.
more artificial to sentences
|artificial tree||1) The debate about the environmental impact of artificial trees is ongoing.|
2) In the outer ward was a silky-white hygienic artificial tree .
more artificial tree sentences
|artificial turf||1) There is evidence showing higher player injury on artificial turf .|
2) The natural grass field was replaced by artificial turf in 2005.
more artificial turf sentences
|artificial ventilation||1) She was again placed on artificial ventilation .|
2) artificial ventilation can be achieved with multiple devices.
more artificial ventilation sentences
|artificial womb||1) Their son is grown in an artificial womb and named Damian.|
2) He delivered his new body from its artificial womb the next day.
more artificial womb sentences
|be artificial||1) Arguably however this vacancy rate increase is artificial .|
2) My specialist area of research is artificial intelligence.
more be artificial sentences
|completely artificial||1) Even the benign shows are completely artificial .|
2) Brad: In a completely artificial intelligence kind of way.
more completely artificial sentences
|entirely artificial||1) Of course, the purple color is entirely artificial .|
2) Some anthropogenic sequestration techniques exploit these natural processes, while some use entirely artificial processes.
more entirely artificial sentences
|extremely artificial||1) The result is that what is learned is far more likely to remain with the student that the knowledge crammed for an extremely artificial examination paper.|
2) Yet this point highlights the fact that the exercise we have performed on extract (14) was an extremely artificial treatment of written discourse.
more extremely artificial sentences
|highly artificial||1) Nearly everyone these days lives in a highly artificial environment.|
2) The banking crash revealed cracks in the highly artificial money-making machine .
more highly artificial sentences
|look artificial||1) They look artificial , but aren't.|
2) However, sometimes his colloquial style becomes too flippant, and the result looks rather artificial .
more look artificial sentences
|rather artificial||1) It removes the rather artificial reliance on chasing roots of polynomials.|
2) It must be confessed that this test is a rather artificial one.
more rather artificial sentences
|seem artificial||1) Grain is absent, yet this superb rendering never seems artificial .|
2) These distinctions might have seemed artificial to Minoans.
more seem artificial sentences
|slightly artificial||1) We are separating out one aspect for analysis, but doing this is slightly artificial .|
2) Steering feels appropriately quick and direct, but heft of the wheel in turns feels slightly artificial .
more slightly artificial sentences
|so artificial||1) Reality has rarely seemed so artificial .|
2) The whole thing was so artificial .
more so artificial sentences
|somewhat artificial||1) This is a somewhat artificial division, but useful for conceptual purposes.|
2) The use of this 'dichotomy' (sharply defined division) is somewhat artificial .
more somewhat artificial sentences
|too artificial||1) Pissarro eventually turned away from Neo-Impressionism, claiming its system was too artificial .|
2) Diet Coke Cherry Vanilla: too artificial and saccharine even for me!
more too artificial sentences
|totally artificial||1) So that's a totally artificial way of doing it.|
2) Nor did it make things easier that the UDA boundaries were totally artificial .
more totally artificial sentences
|very artificial||1) Both studies are very artificial so lack ecological validity.|
2) The interview is a very artificial situation.
more very artificial sentences
Expressions with the word artificial
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: