Expressions - Collocations of the word " apparatus "
|administrative apparatus||1) The expansion of a colonial administrative apparatus and bureaucracy paralleled the economic reorganization.|
2) administrative apparatus filleted to eliminate incompetence, lethargy and bottlenecks.
more administrative apparatus sentences
|apparatus||1) Several competitive underwater sports are practiced without breathing apparatus .|
2) Department staffing is 2 firefighters per apparatus .
more apparatus sentences
|apparatus criticus||1) F. E. Hutchinson wishes to see scholars using a thoroughly careful apparatus criticus of the text .|
2) The Homeric Hymns , edited, with preface, apparatus criticus , notes, and appendices.
more apparatus criticus sentences
|basic apparatus||1) The room is complete with basic apparatus for experiments.|
more basic apparatus sentences
|breathing apparatus||1) Several competitive underwater sports are practiced without breathing apparatus .|
2) Some carry four sets of breathing apparatus in the cab.
more breathing apparatus sentences
|bureaucratic apparatus||1) A complicated bureaucratic apparatus governed censorship at home.|
2) They are no longer workers' organisations, but privileged bureaucratic apparatuses .
more bureaucratic apparatus sentences
|critical apparatus||1) A World Classics paperback edition with full critical apparatus .|
2) This is the standard edition, but contains no critical apparatus .
more critical apparatus sentences
|distillation apparatus||1) By reducing air pressure inside the sealed distillation apparatus , a vacuum is created.|
2) A white or yellowish mineral scale is left in the distillation apparatus , which requires regular cleaning.
more distillation apparatus sentences
|electrical apparatus||1) The kitchen is equipped with highly elaborate electrical apparatus .|
2) Erm maintenance and use of portable electrical apparatus K nineteen stop one.
more electrical apparatus sentences
|experimental apparatus||1) Actual working models of the experimental apparatus will be demonstrated.|
2) The experimental apparatus they used has come to be called a Skinner box.
more experimental apparatus sentences
|fire apparatus||1) The aides were transferred to fire apparatus .|
2) Bridgeport purchased no new fire apparatus between 1930 and 1935.
more fire apparatus sentences
|golgi apparatus||1) They are built in the golgi apparatus .|
2) The golgi apparatus is the central delivery system for the cell.
more golgi apparatus sentences
|gymnastic apparatus||1) Any exerciser, weights, or gymnastic apparatus you have or can rent or build.|
2) The admission was 1 DM for each playgoer and the proceeds were used to buy new gymnastic apparatus .
more gymnastic apparatus sentences
|hyoid apparatus||1) The ability to roar comes from an elongated and specially adapted larynx and hyoid apparatus .|
2) These movements are powered by the unique musculature of the anteater's long, large and flexible hyoid apparatus .
more hyoid apparatus sentences
|ideological apparatus||1) What ensures this is that the ideological apparatus responds (damnation, approbation, incarceration).|
2) They never have and never will as long as the blinders of the party 's ideological apparatus remain in place.
more ideological apparatus sentences
|juxtaglomerular apparatus||1) This is because they also inhibit the release of renin from the juxtaglomerular apparatus in the kidneys.|
2) Ang II also provides a negative feedback to the system by inhibiting renin release by the juxtaglomerular apparatus .
more juxtaglomerular apparatus sentences
|laboratory apparatus||1) Tyndall was an experimenter and laboratory apparatus builder, not an abstract model builder.|
2) A diagram of a typical laboratory apparatus used for fractional distillation is shown in figure 6.16.
more laboratory apparatus sentences
|lacrimal apparatus||1) Lacking a lacrimal apparatus , the eye relies on the harderian gland to keep it moist.|
2) The lacrimal apparatus produces tears, providing nutrition and moisture to the eye, as well as helping to remove any debris that may have entered.
more lacrimal apparatus sentences
|legal apparatus||1) The legal apparatus operates coercively to maintain hegemony, particularly in periods of political and ideological crisis.|
2) Curiously, chattel slavery developed in British North America before the legal apparatus that supported slavery did.
more legal apparatus sentences
|party apparatus||1) Control of the party apparatus is fundamental.|
2) In exile a party apparatus continued to function.
more party apparatus sentences
|piece of apparatus||1) Now consider three contrasting experiments with such a piece of apparatus .|
2) The firehouse has six pieces of apparatus inside its doors.
more piece of apparatus sentences
|repressive apparatus||1) Bureaucracy for Lenin was clearly associated with the repressive apparatus of the state.|
2) It thereby assists the maintenance of domestic capitalist interests and elaborates its repressive apparatuses .
more repressive apparatus sentences
|respiratory apparatus||1) This would have been impermeable and thus forced the development of more sophisticated respiratory apparatus in the form of gills.|
more respiratory apparatus sentences
|scientific apparatus||1) Ambala is the largest manufacturer of scientific apparatuses .|
2) In the department of physics were various models of classical scientific apparatus , electrical and mechanical.
more scientific apparatus sentences
|security apparatus||1) The security apparatus isn't the real problem here.|
2) Saddam was tasked with establishing the party's security apparatus .
more security apparatus sentences
|state apparatus||1) Many had been neglected as the state apparatus disintegrated.|
2) Fact: Obama heads a ruthless homeland police state apparatus .
more state apparatus sentences
|the apparatus of government||1) the economy and the apparatus of government had collapsed, military and security forces were in disarray.|
2) the great political economist Frédéric Bastiat aptly observed, People are beginning to realize that the apparatus of government is costly.
more the apparatus of government sentences
|the apparatus of the state||1) Corruption has infected the apparatus of the state at all levels and, consequently, much of civil society too.|
2) I did not believe a newspaper should be part of the apparatus of the state ; we are not a totalitarian society.
more the apparatus of the state sentences
|weberian apparatus||1) Their well-developed weberian apparatus and reduced gas bladder allow for improved hearing as well as sound production.|
2) Fishes of the superorder Ostariophysi possess a structure called the weberian apparatus , a modification which allow them to hear better.
more weberian apparatus sentences
Expressions with the word apparatus
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: