archaic word in a sentence
1) Apuleius' vocabulary is often eccentric and includes some archaic words .
2) The dialect includes many archaic words that have disappeared from modern Slovene.
3) The 1967 Scofield only updated archaic words and words which changed meaning.
archaic word example sentences4) They are believed to be either neologisms or intentional revival of archaic words .
5) Sangyaw is an archaic Waray word which means to herald the news.
6) The most famous feature of his style is the use of archaic words .
7) It retains many archaic words .
8) There is no archaic word in the passage, except perhaps 'naught'.
9) I actually wonder if thos usage is relevant to the archaic word 'sire'.
10) The archaic word "Palayamkottai" in Tamil means a small administrative region or district.
11) Interpretation: both explaining archaic words , and exegetical interpretation of the epics as literature.
12) Tolkien used an archaic English word "stor" or "stoor" "strong".
13) This authoritative dictionary gives the contemporary meanings to over 800 curious and archaic words found in the KJV.
14) Like other varieties of Southern Chinese, Wu prefers more archaic words to 'to speak'.
15) Both the Welsh and the Irish use archaic words for "Briton" to describe the Picts.
example sentences with archaic word16) For example, Gaius Asinius Pollio criticized Sallust's addiction to archaic words and his unusual grammatical features.
17) They also consulted many elders from Kodagu for the meanings of archaic words in the folk-songs and proverbs.
18) This is an archaic , English word for a sailor or militiaman from the Indian Subcontinent or thereabouts.
19) Is he unaware of the books and other sources that list 600 to 800 archaic words in the KJV?
20) An older, usually archaic , word from which a current word is historically derived is called its "etymon".
21) In fact, there are instances where the use of archaic words are more accurate than what our modern English allows.
22) I prefer it over the newer Scofield releases as it replaces the archaic KJV words in the text , while making a note in the side notes.
23) An archaic English word for the ankles is huckle-bones, and these huckle-bones, and knuckle-bones (usually from sheep), were used for playing dice.
24) This is an odd configuration of archaic "thy" with an equally archaic replacement word "comeliness"; the power of the original imagery is lost.
25) Just as the term "Wicca" is rooted in the Old English for "Witch", the word "stregheria" is an archaic Italian word for "witchcraft".
26) The three ghost children refer to her as "the beldam", an archaic word meaning "good lady" but used to refer to a "hag" or a "witch".
27) The now archaic word "mēļš" was used to describe both dark blue and black (probably indicating that previously "zils" was used only for lighter shades of blue).
28) McCarthy's writing style involves many unusual or archaic words , no quotation marks for dialogue, and no apostrophes to signal most contractions.
How to use archaic word in a sentence
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archaic word
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archaic word with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archaic word
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archaic word in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archaic word.
20 examples of simple sentences of archaic word. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archaic word
Compound Sentences with archaic word
Complex Sentences with archaic word
Compound-Complex Sentences with archaic word