archaic spelling in a sentence
1) Boberg's entire poem appears (with archaic Swedish spellings ).
2) Similarly, other archaic spellings such as "olde worlde" are not distinguished below.
3) The archaic spelling "Sault" is a relic of the Middle French Period.
archaic spelling example sentences4) Cashmere is an archaic spelling of Kashmir, and in some countries it is still spelled this way.
5) The name "bahia" is an archaic spelling of the Portuguese word "baía", meaning "bay".
6) The use of archaic spelling of words was seen as not in keeping with Wordsworth's claims of using common language.
7) Of the complete copies, Meyer notes that the Rawlinson text contains fewer errors, but that Laud preserves more archaic spelling .
8) An archaic spelling of "buffet" which refers to a sideboard or long table on which foods were placed; of course this is the precursor for the modern-day buffet.
9) Etymologically, the word "sault" comes from an archaic spelling of "saut" (from "sauter"), which translates most accurately in this usage to the English word, "cataract".
10) For example German "Tal" ('valley', cognate with English "dale") appears in many place-names with an archaic spelling "Thal" (see Neandertal).
11) The Welch Regiment (or "The Welch", an archaic spelling of "Welsh") was an infantry regiment of the British Army from 1881 to 1969.
12) Although the archaic spellings "Caius" and "Cnaeus" also appear in later records, "Gaius" and "Gnaeus" represent the actual pronunciation of these names.
13) Seghwaert was formed around what was the former village of Zegwaart (or Zegwaard), which fused with Zoetermeer in 1935, using the archaic spelling of the locale's name.
14) Sauvages' hypothesis seems to be supported by the archaic English spelling "fleur-de-luce" and by the Luts's variant name "Lits".
15) In the sense "land where fairies dwell", the distinctive and archaic spellings "Faery" and "Faerie" are often used.
example sentences with archaic spelling16) Caernarfon is also home to the regimental museum of the Royal Welch Fusiliers ( archaic English spelling of the word "Welsh").
17) They re-adopted the archaic spelling "Welch" in 1920 when The Army Board granted approval on 27th January 1920 for the re-instatement of the old name.
18) For instance, English poems written in Shakespeare's time don't rhyme correctly anymore, but a look at their archaic spelling indicates that they should rhyme.
19) Archaic English spellings in this historical extract
20) " to 90 percent of what he shewed [ archaic spelling us!
21) For example, Nicholas II of Russia (1 November 1894 - 15 March 1917) was titled as follows (notice the archaic Cyrillic spelling ):
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archaic spelling
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archaic spelling with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archaic spelling
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archaic spelling in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archaic spelling.
20 examples of simple sentences of archaic spelling. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archaic spelling
Compound Sentences with archaic spelling
Complex Sentences with archaic spelling
Compound-Complex Sentences with archaic spelling