appositive in a sentence
1) The colon introduces an appositive independent clause.
2) Objective-for objects and their appositives .
3) He uses relative clauses and appositives to further define these special nouns.
appositive example sentences4) If the appositive is nonessential, set it off by commas.
5) Noun clauses also function sometimes as nouns of direct address or as appositives .
6) There are three: Nominative-for subjects, predicate nominatives and appositives .
7) An appositive colon also separates the subtitle of a work from its principal title.
8) Appositive constructions offer concise ways of describing or defining a person, place, or thing.
9) The case of a proper noun highlights the fact that all Hebrew adjectives can be interpreted as appositive nouns.
10) Note that in example 2, unlike in English, the end of the appositive is unmarked in Slovene.
11) An appositive is a word or phrase appearing next to a noun that identifies it and is equivalent to it.
12) Many writers incorrectly put a comma only before the appositive element and forget to put one after it as well.
13) If you want to bring the children too, we'll have room. e. To set off nonessential appositives .
14) But semicolons are never used in modern English to set off adjuncts like appositives , relative clauses, or subordinate clauses.
15) The nominative case (as well as the other cases) can be an appositive to another substantive in the same case.
example sentences with appositive16) If you need help understanding, keep in mind that "Helen" is acting as an appositive that is necessary to understanding your sentence.
17) Let us not forget this point: appositive phrases have an entirely different function than participial phrases and must not be regarded as dangling modifiers.
18) If the English relative clause would have a copula and a noun, in Hawaiian an appositive is used instead: "Paul, an apostle" instead of "Paul, who was an apostle".
19) More specifically, it consists of a noun or pronoun and either a past participle, a present participle, an adjective, or an appositive noun, all in the ablative.
20) It is frequently used as an appositive noun, in which case it serves as an adjective meaning "in between", "transitional" or "temporary".
21) Appositive : Insertion of a parenthetical entry
22) Appositives : NP → NP NP
23) /ko/ (demonstrative) and /kon/ ( appositive ) are used to modify each other.
24) (Conversely, non-restrictive relative clauses are called supplementary, appositive , non-defining or non-identifying relative clauses.)
25) Appositive genitive
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of appositive
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of appositive with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with appositive
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word appositive in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with appositive.
20 examples of simple sentences of appositive. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of appositive
Compound Sentences with appositive
Complex Sentences with appositive
Compound-Complex Sentences with appositive