apposition in a sentence
1) And what is the difference between apposition and parataxis?
2) Adjectives, relative clauses and appositions follow the noun.
3) However, adverbs used like appositions take the comma.
apposition example sentences4) Some of the phenomena in this paper are traditionally classified as loose appositions .
5) Some annelids and bivalves also have apposition eyes.
6) The arytenoid cartilages are held in firm apposition in this voice register also.
7) In healthy bone tissue there is a homeostasis between bone resorption and bone apposition .
8) Indeed, Burton-Roberts suggests that loose apposition extends to the juxtaposition of sentences.
9) Pallidonigral dendrites are entirely covered with synapses without any apposition of glia.
10) If it cannot, then it is simple apposition related to another genitive.
11) Believe appears to be in apposition to receive here in order to explain it.
12) This problem also arises in reformulations which do not involve apposition markers as such.
13) Note occurrence of listings (eg sequences of adjectives), coordination, or apposition .
14) Each compound eye is made up of up to ten thousand ommatidia of the apposition type.
15) If the apposition gets further back in the sentence, the comma will precede it directly.
example sentences with apposition16) But the nominative is placed in apposition , in order to explain the skoloy (thorn).
17) The apposition Dinner is held in the Mercer's Hall in London every year around May.
18) However, he does not explain just how apposition might be accommodated in a theory of discourse.
19) Cell movements, for example, may bring tissues in apposition resulting in new interactions leading to further movements.
20) I didn't know you use Yasmin if they have leeway, liver, or adrenal apposition .
21) Apposition eyes are the most common form of eyes, and are presumably the ancestral form of compound eyes.
22) For example, the phrase, "John, my best friend" uses the scheme known as apposition .
23) By "appositional genitive" we mean both kinds of apposition (simple and gen. of apposition).
24) By "appositional genitive" we mean both kinds of apposition (simple and gen. of apposition ).
25) However, apposition is distinguished from co-ordination by criterion B, since the conjunction of co-referential elements is unacceptable.
26) Criterion B implies that apposition resembles co-ordination in that the units in apposition are constituents of the same level.
27) Criterion B implies that apposition resembles co-ordination in that the units in apposition are constituents of the same level.
28) Occasionally, the noun "Holland" is used in apposition (e.g. "the Holland Society").
How to use apposition in a sentence29) The dendrites of the pallidal or nigral axons are entirely covered by synapses, without any apposition of glia.
30) In nearly every speech where there's a Spanish language phrase, the text includes a translation as an apposition .
31) If the apposition is followed by a pause in speech, a comma may be placed after it, too.
32) After ingestion, and exsheathment in the rumen, the larvae moult twice in close apposition to the gastric glands.
33) If the word of can be used before the genitive in question, then it is a genitive of apposition .
34) Explanatory apposition to κλησιν .
35) The expression in other words is just one example of a range of expressions which have been classified as apposition markers.
36) For example, quantificatives and nouns can be in apposition to other nouns when those latter nouns are independent subjects or objects.
37) Maintaining alignment and apposition of the coronary band is imperative to minimize hoof-wall defects or abnormal hoof growth ( FIGURE 23 ) .
38) In other words, the sentence after the colon is in apposition (grammatically parallel) to the one before the colon.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of apposition
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of apposition with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with apposition
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word apposition in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with apposition.
20 examples of simple sentences of apposition. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of apposition
Compound Sentences with apposition
Complex Sentences with apposition
Compound-Complex Sentences with apposition