Expressions - Collocations of the word " anxious "
|a little anxious||1) He must feel a little anxious about his fate.|
2) White walls make me feel a little anxious .
more a little anxious sentences
|always anxious||1) He is always anxious that his King is safe and asleep.|
2) And she was always anxious lest I or my brothers should sin.
more always anxious sentences
|anxious||1) I had never been anxious before either.|
2) In many cases anxious pastors foster anxious congregations.
more anxious sentences
|anxious about||1) She seemed anxious about going down there.|
2) My friend is very anxious about your welfare.
more anxious about sentences
|anxious angry||1) They may become anxious , angry , moody, or depressed.|
2) We become fidgety, fearful, frustrated, anxious , and even angry .
more anxious angry sentences
|anxious anticipation||1) We waited four long days in anxious anticipation .|
2) Modern man is living in anxious anticipation of destruction.
more anxious anticipation sentences
|anxious care||1) Yet more than this, anxious care often leads to acts of sin.|
2) Mr. Ward's anxious care for his children's welfare extended to every branch of their conduct.
more anxious care sentences
|anxious child||1) I was a fearful, anxious child with reoccurring nightmares.|
2) Previous research led by Kalin found that anxious young monkeys are similar to anxious children .
more anxious child sentences
|anxious depressed||1) They may become extremely anxious and depressed .|
2) Such problems included being withdrawn, anxious or depressed .
more anxious depressed sentences
|anxious expression||1) Her anxious expression cleared as Robbie announced her errand.|
2) He gazed towards his mid-seventies with an anxious expression .
more anxious expression sentences
|anxious eye||1) Bradley's dark and anxious eyes narrowed with suspicion.|
2) His mother's anxious eyes were fixed on his face.
more anxious eye sentences
|anxious face||1) Benjamin pushed his white, anxious face closer.|
2) You see their anxious little faces peering out through the bars.
more anxious face sentences
|anxious fearful||1) Others may become very anxious , fearful or angry.|
2) This creates anxious , fearful times for the child.
more anxious fearful sentences
|anxious feeling||1) Well, I've had horrible dizzy spells and anxious feelings .|
2) Then, the clammy anxious withdrawal feelings showed up.
more anxious feeling sentences
|anxious for||1) I was extremely anxious for my first appointment.|
2) He was now anxious for his coronation.
more anxious for sentences
|anxious glance||1) Louisa and Horrocks exchanged anxious glances .|
2) Mustapha Mond intercepted his anxious glance and the corners of his red lips twitched ironically.
more anxious glance sentences
|anxious individual||1) The anxious individual becomes an expert at putting himself down.|
2) Belching is also seen commonly in anxious individuals .
more anxious individual sentences
|anxious look||1) Pooley shot him an anxious look .|
2) I opened the door and five very anxious looking policemen with weapons drawn were standing there.
more anxious look sentences
|anxious moment||1) The anxious moment of appearing day arrived.|
2) We faltered - for a few anxious moments .
more anxious moment sentences
|anxious mother||1) At the hospital, anxious mothers searched for their sons.|
2) But I can see the position of the anxious mother worried her daughter won't find a mate.
more anxious mother sentences
|anxious nervous||1) I was anxious , nervous , hands sweating -- all that.|
2) You might be especially anxious or nervous , or even become depressed.
more anxious nervous sentences
|anxious parent||1) Stephen Spielberg says anxious parents should view it first.|
2) A helpline has been set up for anxious parents .
more anxious parent sentences
|anxious patient||1) I very much enjoy working with very anxious patients .|
2) I wondered how many anxious liver biopsy patients were sitting in there.
more anxious patient sentences
|anxious people||1) This may explain why anxious people are less likely to die due to accidents.|
2) Arsenicum album is extremely useful in very neat, anxious , restless people .
more anxious people sentences
|anxious person||1) Do you consider yourself an anxious person ?|
2) She had never been a tense or anxious person .
more anxious person sentences
|anxious relatives||1) anxious relatives raised the alarm when the men, who all live near Borth, were nearly five hours overdue.|
more anxious relatives sentences
|anxious state||1) Any discussion of the topic in question fuels their already anxious state .|
2) He spoke as flirtatiously as was humanly possible in his anxious state .
more anxious state sentences
|anxious that||1) Helen answered and sounded so anxious that Sophie grew apprehensive.|
2) He is always anxious that his King is safe and asleep.
more anxious that sentences
|anxious thought||1) You can't turn off your anxious thoughts .|
2) These are the anxious thoughts which trouble me.
more anxious thought sentences
|anxious thoughts||1) You can't turn off your anxious thoughts .|
2) These are the anxious thoughts which trouble me.
more anxious thoughts sentences
|anxious to||1) I was anxious to start experiencing normal life again.|
2) Red seemed anxious to put things straight.
more anxious to sentences
|anxious wait||1) Meanwhile for the family, the anxious wait goes on.|
2) The defender now has an anxious wait to see if his trial can continue.
more anxious wait sentences
|anxious waiting||1) There followed, therefore, several days of anxious waiting .|
2) Meanwhile, down below, the people are getting anxious waiting for Moses.
more anxious waiting sentences
|appear anxious||1) Adults appear anxious while their chick is hatching.|
2) Faced with global opposition to the scheme the Bank appears anxious .
more appear anxious sentences
|as anxious||1) You should no longer feel as anxious about making poor financial decisions.|
2) They have to wait until they are not as anxious to start a fight.
more as anxious sentences
|be anxious||1) I had never been anxious before either.|
2) I was anxious to start experiencing normal life again.
more be anxious sentences
|become anxious||1) Several weeks ago Angie suddenly became visibly more anxious .|
2) You may even become anxious when planes fly overhead.
more become anxious sentences
|desperately anxious||1) I know only too well how desperately anxious you must be.|
2) Tweed was desperately anxious to get to Freiburg and it was late afternoon already.
more desperately anxious sentences
|especially anxious||1) By autumn, students did not seem especially anxious .|
2) My seatmate on this bus is especially anxious .
more especially anxious sentences
|extremely anxious||1) They may become extremely anxious and depressed.|
2) The dogs are extremely anxious to run.
more extremely anxious sentences
|feel anxious||1) feeling anxious going into surgery is normal.|
2) My chest also feels tight too and feel very anxious .
more feel anxious sentences
|get anxious||1) getting anxious about something is different to being just lazy.|
2) We get anxious deciding what to eat.
more get anxious sentences
|grow anxious||1) People have grown anxious because it will be racially integrated.|
2) On the other side, Basrawis are growing anxious about Kuwait.
more grow anxious sentences
|highly anxious||1) Some other, highly anxious , people may over.estimate their potential problems.|
2) highly anxious test takers also blame themselves for their failure significantly more than low anxious test takers.
more highly anxious sentences
|increasingly anxious||1) She becomes increasingly anxious and has trouble concentrating.|
2) They were increasingly anxious to balance their trade.
more increasingly anxious sentences
|incredibly anxious||1) We were all incredibly anxious and upset.|
2) I was really out of place and so incredibly anxious .
more incredibly anxious sentences
|little anxious||1) He must feel a little anxious about his fate.|
2) White walls make me feel a little anxious .
more little anxious sentences
|look anxious||1) Stephen entered a short time later, looking anxious .|
2) He spoke firmly but Carrie thought he looked anxious .
more look anxious sentences
|more anxious||1) Several weeks ago Angie suddenly became visibly more anxious .|
2) Many would be more anxious around others.
more more anxious sentences
|naturally anxious||1) Many people were naturally anxious to leave.|
2) Minority or specialist groups are naturally anxious about their status.
more naturally anxious sentences
|overly anxious||1) Does she become overly anxious when left alone?|
2) Do you tend to be overly anxious or pessimistic?
more overly anxious sentences
|particularly anxious||1) They're particularly anxious to find out what's happening.|
2) Lloyd George was particularly anxious for M. Clemenceau to follow this.
more particularly anxious sentences
|quite anxious||1) It was making me quite anxious everyday.|
2) He was quite anxious about his return.
more quite anxious sentences
|really anxious||1) Are we, really anxious for them?|
2) What happens if I get really anxious during a meeting?
more really anxious sentences
|remain anxious||1) He remained anxious about his lack of employment.|
2) The modern horse in captivity cannot do this: he remains anxious .
more remain anxious sentences
|seem anxious||1) Red seemed anxious to put things straight.|
2) She seemed anxious about going down there.
more seem anxious sentences
|slightly anxious||1) But slightly anxious that I might not be invited to many Rotarian dinner dances.|
2) According to the book: 'He was absolutely furious but was also slightly anxious .
more slightly anxious sentences
|so anxious||1) That is why families are so anxious today.|
2) And why is this fool so anxious to play touch football?
more so anxious sentences
|socially anxious||1) Technology has helped to pinpoint changes in socially anxious brains.|
2) Hedquist and Weinhold investigated two group counseling strategies with socially anxious and unassertive college students.
more socially anxious sentences
|sound anxious||1) He didn't sound anxious - if anything, he sounded hopeful.|
2) He sounded anxious , but warmed to have something in common with her.
more sound anxious sentences
|terribly anxious||1) He was off like a flash, and Bessie, terribly anxious , but hopeful, too, saw him run up the tree like a squirrel.|
2) NONETHELESS, I will continue to be strong and wait it out, even if in general I am terribly anxious about my heart and health.
more terribly anxious sentences
|too anxious||1) They seemed only too anxious to leave.|
2) I was too anxious to eat these!
more too anxious sentences
|understandably anxious||1) Patients are often understandably anxious and afraid.|
2) Meanwhile people are understandably anxious about accidents waiting to happen.
more understandably anxious sentences
|unduly anxious||1) I was wary of Clive Smith as he seemed unduly anxious for Mr. Winterbone to make a will.|
2) These methods have, for instance, been shown to considerably reduce the symptoms of people who become unduly anxious before taking examinations (Meichenbaum, 1972).
more unduly anxious sentences
|very anxious||1) I very much enjoy working with very anxious patients.|
2) I am very anxious you should all become saints.
more very anxious sentences
Expressions with the word anxious
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences: