take arms in a sentence
1) To take arms , is to arm for attack or defense.
2) He believes they should be able to take arms to public events.
3) Never again will they be able to take arms against the castle.
take arms example sentences4) However, not all Scots supported the Covenanter's taking arms against their King.
5) Charles' parents encouraged him to take arms as his brother Infante Felipe had done.
6) These were political opponents and members of the French resistance who had taken arms against German forces.
7) Unlike his noble peers, who took arms as commissioned officers, Dumas enlisted as a private.
8) Many would say that we've got to wage war and take arms and what not.
9) This was the largest gathering of Mi'kmaw warriors till then to take arms against the British.
10) In this case, however, the Romanian peasantry under Tudor Vladimirescu took arms against their Greek masters.
11) Let them take arms .
12) Let them take arms .
13) Many Native American people in the Northwest Territory were inspired to take arms against American outposts and settlers.
14) Around Justo another faction assembled, not any less intent on taking arms against the constitutional government of Yrigoyen.
15) There is poverty in the south also and they have not taken arms to invade and kill innocent Nigerians.
example sentences with take arms16) He encouraged the loyalists to take arms , and, led them to desolate the homes of their neighbors.
17) Hatfield's death enraged the miners, and they began to pour out of the mountains to take arms .
18) Letter below Dear Boko Haram "The fact that you have taken arms against the Nigerian state is no surprise.
19) When she is dispatched to become a cleaner , her fellow mechanicals rise up and take arms against the state.
20) Philip Landgrave of Saxony discovered the plot, took arms , and in 1528 forced indemnity from a Catholic bishop.
21) Many of these women led ordinary lives, but had taken arms during the time to seek better conditions and rights.
22) Any group or community that took arms and opposed British rule were branded as criminal by the British government in 1871.
23) To arms is a phrase which denotes a taking arms for war or hostility ; particularly, a summoning to war.
24) They also aimed to convince people to resist reliance upon their given privilege and to rebel and take arms if necessary.
25) He was imprisoned for much of 1452 and 1453 but was released after swearing not to take arms against the court.
26) Guilty of taking arms training in Pakistan via Dubai and of loading the contraband in Al-Hussaini building on 11 March 1993.
27) Marcus Scaurus was accused by Quintus Varius Hispanus, that he had excited the allies to take arms against the Republic.
28) At a large public meeting, the Patriot volunteers passed resolutions rebuking the US government for taking arms against its own people.
How to use take arms in a sentence29) Unlike Hamlet, you suffered both the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and you took arms against a sea of troubles.
30) Filmed from 2011 to 2013, this remarkable story follows the group, who start out as peaceful protesters, as they take arms and fight for their dream of a free country.
31) Even the most obliging and servile tribes took arms against Charles; the matter was now one of a blood feud as well as a religious war.
32) And so great was the uproar and confusion, that few there were who took arms , but instead thereof they turned their backs and fled toward the sea.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of take arms
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of take arms with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with take arms
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word take arms in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with take arms.
20 examples of simple sentences of take arms. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of take arms
Compound Sentences with take arms
Complex Sentences with take arms
Compound-Complex Sentences with take arms