canting arms in a sentence
1) This is called canting arms in heraldic terminology.
2) In European heraldry, this technique is called canting arms .
3) Bears appear in the canting arms of Bern and Berlin.
canting arms example sentences4) The canting arms of the city come from this family.
5) These are canting arms and they are rooted in the village's history.
6) This is a pun on the surname; an example of canting arms .
7) Many examples of Swedish canting arms can be found here on the web.
8) As such, the coat could be said to fall into the category of canting arms .
9) The seal is an unusually good example of canting arms of which the medieval heralds were so fond.
10) Canting arms occur frequently.
11) Canting arms - arms which make a pun or play on words involving the name of the bearer.
12) The canting arms of the family of Alabaster of Bicton were: "Azure, three cross-bows bent or".
13) Unless canting arms incorporate an obvious pun on the bearer's name, it may be difficult to find meaning in them.
14) Gyronny of six pieces may be blazoned "mal-gironné" (badly gyronny), as in the canting arms of Maugiron.
15) Some canting arms make references to foreign languages, particularly French, such as the otter ("loutre" in French) in the arms of the Luttrel family.
example sentences with canting arms16) Geoffrey of Monmouth assigned Arthur a dragon on his helmet and standard, which is possibly canting arms on Arthur's father's name, Uther Pendragon (Brault, 23).
17) The buckles utilised in 'Stewart heraldry' are ultimately derived from the canting arms of Alexander Boncle (d. by 1300), blazoned: "gules, three buckles Or".
18) The canting arms of the Kingdom of Castile are "Gules, a tower triple-turreted Or" ("i.e." three small towers standing atop a larger one).
19) The arms are a type of a " canting arms "; party per fesse silver and gules, in chief crossed axes with red blades and black handles, in base, a fish in the first.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of canting arms
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of canting arms with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with canting arms
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word canting arms in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with canting arms.
20 examples of simple sentences of canting arms. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of canting arms
Compound Sentences with canting arms
Complex Sentences with canting arms
Compound-Complex Sentences with canting arms