axillary bud in a sentence
1) A new plant will form from the axillary bud .
2) The leaflet of a compound leaf has no axillary bud at its base.
3) Eyes of potatoes are really axillary buds which contain several small buds at each site.
4) Chemically induced sprouting of axillary buds in avocados.
axillary bud example sentences5) Those branching points are home to axillary buds that can also develop into new branches.
6) The new shoot, in turn, produces an axillary bud and a clustering habit results.
7) axillary buds can be grafted to another plant to produce new branches from the grafted bud.
8) axillary buds are indeterminate structures that can be arrested and await endogenous or environmental cues for outgrowth.
9) Shoot branching is controlled by the formation and subsequent outgrowth of axillary buds in the axils of leaves.
10) axillary buds are notably conspicuous in this species and are located 1.5–7 mm above the leaf axils.
11) axillary buds are inconspicuous.
12) The presence of a terminal bud is partly responsible for inhibiting the growth of axillary buds, a phenomenon called apical dominance.
13) The trunk develops an axillary bud at a leaf node, usually near the base, from which a new shoot emerges.
14) Several methods have been proposed for vanilla tissue culture, but all of them begin from axillary buds of the vanilla vine.
example sentences with axillary15) Accessory buds – an embryonic shoot occurring above or to the side of an axillary bud ;also known as supernumerary bud.
16) Latent buds – An axillary bud whose development is inhibited, sometimes for many years, due to the influence of apical and other buds.
17) If axillary buds give rise to branches, those shoots reflect the developmental phase of the main shoot region from which they arise.
18) In the absence of a terminal bud, the axillary buds break dominance and give rise to a vegetative branch complete with its own terminal bud, leaves, and axillary buds.
19) In the absence of a terminal bud, the axillary buds break dominance and give rise to a vegetative branch complete with its own terminal bud, leaves, and axillary buds .
20) At the angle formed by each leaf and the stem is an axillary bud with the potential to form a lateral shoot or branch.
21) axillary buds, which are found 3–10 mm above the leaf axils in climbing stems, are spike-like and measure up to 10 mm (rarely 20 mm) in length by 1.5 mm in width.
22) The terminal buds are oval and pointed and larger than axillary buds, which are narrow, oval and pointed, close to the twig, and often curved towards it.
23) The function of such leaves cannot be photosynthesis; a role in the production of plant hormones, such as auxin, and in defining axillary buds has been suggested.
24) axillary buds .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of axillary bud
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of axillary bud with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with axillary bud
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word axillary bud in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with axillary bud.
20 examples of simple sentences of axillary bud. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of axillary bud
Compound Sentences with axillary bud
Complex Sentences with axillary bud
Compound-Complex Sentences with axillary bud