avoid conscription in a sentence
1) Presumably maiming oneself to avoid conscription in wartime remains a crime.
2) We'll fix you up with something, avoid conscription, eh?
3) There appears to be no evidence of bribery being used directly to avoid conscription.
4) Thousands of young women and men in Israel are currently avoiding conscription or avoiding combat duty.
avoid conscription example sentences5) Where compulsory conscription occurs, is there a policy of not accepting bribes for avoiding conscription?
6) To avoid conscription into the Australian Army, Tatchell moved to London in 1971.
7) To avoid conscription by the Japanese into the military, Kim returned to Japan briefly before 1945.
8) An estimated 150,000 Serbs went abroad to avoid conscription, and many others deserted or went into hiding.
9) Canadiens General Manager Tommy Gorman reportedly ensured his players obtained jobs in key wartime industries to avoid conscription.
10) While some ended up serving on both sides, thousands joined the Forest Brothers partisan detachments to avoid conscription.
11) Enos joined the U.S. Navy shortly afterward to avoid conscription in the Army and to fight the Confederacy.
12) During World War I, Prokofiev returned to the Conservatory and studied organ in order to avoid conscription.
13) He emigrated to Canada in 1958, when he was 19, to avoid conscription by the German military.
14) To avoid conscription in the army, he moved to New York before the outbreak of World War I.
example sentences with avoid15) Many young men simply consumed drugs to avoid conscription, as this automatically allowed them to be exempted from service.
16) Underground railroads funneled draft evaders to Canada or to Sweden; churches provided sanctuary for those attempting to avoid conscription.
17) Despite avoiding conscription for almost a year, World War I now began to shape Schiele's life and work.
18) To avoid conscription, Döblin volunteered in December 1914 and was posted to Saargemünd (Sarreguemines) as a doctor.
19) Every man in Goguryeo was required to serve in the military, or could avoid conscription by paying extra grain tax.
20) He trained as an accountant but after failing his accountancy exams in 1958 could no longer avoid conscription into National Service.
21) Thus if a family breadwinner had to go to America to avoid conscription or to earn a livelihood, everyone understood.
22) I also heard that many eunuchs are secretly recruiting personal militias, and many men have joined these militias to avoid conscription.
23) Maiming oneself to avoid conscription in wartime, the example used above in relation to consent, would therefore be an offence contrary to s.18, but not to s.20.
24) Being officially stateless at birth, when he reached the age of 14 he chose German citizenship, in order to avoid conscription.
25) At the end of the first week of February, however, he was surrounded by fresh controversy over allegations that he had improperly avoided conscription during the Vietnam War.
26) On April 27, 1942, Mackenzie King held a national plebiscite to decide on the issue, having made campaign promises to avoid conscription (and, it is thought, winning the election on that very point.
27) In "Kennedy v. Mendoza-Martinez" (1963), the Court struck down a law revoking citizenship for remaining outside the United States in order to avoid conscription into the armed forces.
28) During World War II McPherson's father found him a position as a driller at the dockyard where he worked, enabling Lenny to avoid conscription, because dock workers were a protected occupation.
29) Quillen had himself avoided conscription into military service during the early 1940s, but later served in the U.S. Navy late 1942 to 1946.
30) Those who deliberately inflict injury upon themselves to avoid conscription could be imprisoned for up to five years, as well as fined.
31) The next day, his National Service papers were delivered; although willing to serve before his move, he later avoided conscription.
32) He entered the United States Navy to avoid conscription after dropping out of high school, and deserted and relocated to Toronto, where he resumed his music career.
33) The colonial war had a profound impact on Portugal – thousands of young men avoided conscription by emigrating illegally, mainly to France and the US.
34) Initially, they were composed of men who had escaped into the mountains to avoid conscription into Vichy France's Service du travail obligatoire (STO) to provide forced labor for Germany.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of avoid conscription
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of avoid conscription with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with avoid conscription
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word avoid conscription in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with avoid conscription.
20 examples of simple sentences of avoid conscription. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of avoid conscription
Compound Sentences with avoid conscription
Complex Sentences with avoid conscription
Compound-Complex Sentences with avoid conscription