authority spending in a sentence
1) I repeat that we will maintain firm vigilance over local authority spending .
2) Central government is pruning local authority spending, and the cuts are being felt.
3) Auditors must ensure that a local authority's spending falls within its statutory powers.
4) These figures show the effect of central controls on local authority capital spending on housing construction.
authority spending example sentences5) In the UK, since 1979, central government has tightened control over local authority spending .
6) A succession of measures to curb local authorities' spending in the early 1980s had thus failed.
7) Local authority spending per se is not included but grants to local authorities and their total capital spending are.
8) Thus arguments for controlling local authorities' spending would appear to weigh even less powerfully within monetarist theory than in Keynesian arguments.
9) At the time those concerns were far less significant than they were to become in the late 1970s, and reorganization was actually accompanied by a substantial increase in local authority spending .
10) For Labour, Mr Donald Dewar said the figures did not amount to a real increase and took no account of cuts in local authority spending in recent years.
11) The median voter, concerned about the welfare of the poorest in her locality, would not want local authority spending to increase if this increased the tax on the poorest members of the locality.
12) One objective of the analysis is to show that this institutional arrangement will cause local authority spending to differ from the usual predictions of the traditional model.
13) Whereas a $100 increase in the net income of individuals leads to an increase in a recipient authority's spending by $5-$10, a lump-sum grant raises spending by $40-$100.
14) We might have been able to put more into housing this year, but we had to put £50 million out of the block into local authority spending .
example sentences with authority15) The Home Office is advising the police to increase the number of officers while at the same time the Department of the Environment is capping local authorities' spending .
16) The new money would be used to reduce charge-payers' bills in terms of the average" headline charge" by £140 a year and would not be available to increase local authority spending .
17) With such determined central government measures to control local authority spending, the debate on the proper balance of local autonomy and central direction becomes, sadly, rather academic.
18) Sadly, at a time of financial constraint in both health authority and local authority spending, such a commitment seems unlikely to be forthcoming.
19) The most serious impact on the community sector has been cuts in local authority spending - the largest source of revenue for most local organisations.
20) Labour leader of the council John Williams said they had used resources well despite the constraints on local authority spending imposed by central government.
21) Have we kicked against the and ignored the determination of central government to bolster their own problems with the P S B I by reducing local authority spending ?
22) Local authority capital spending was used in this way as an economic regulator throughout the Keynesian period, 1945-76, by both Conservative and Labour governments.
23) Though having no statutory power to control local authority spending in total, the Plowden reforms included local authority spending as part of public expenditure.
24) Though having no statutory power to control local authority spending in total, the Plowden reforms included local authority spending as part of public expenditure.
25) It was to extend beyond controlling central government's direct spending and was to embrace the capital spending of nationalised industries and local authority spending too.
26) The present rating system gives neither accountability to residents nor effective control over local authority spending to Government.'
27) (See Ch. 16 for recent moves to curb local authority spending, e.g. uniform business rate, rate capping, etc.)
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of authority spending
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of authority spending with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with authority spending
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word authority spending in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with authority spending.
20 examples of simple sentences of authority spending. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of authority spending
Compound Sentences with authority spending
Complex Sentences with authority spending
Compound-Complex Sentences with authority spending