adzes in a sentence
1) Their tools included rectangular adzes and red slipped decorated pottery.
2) In this respect adzes were especially significant.
3) Timber was worked with iron adzes and axes.
adzes example sentences4) Copper was known, and some copper adzes have been found.
5) By the same token wood carvings of chiefs show them grasping hafted adzes .
6) They used axes, gouges, and adzes of ground and polished stone.
7) Their sites are characterized by corded-ware pottery, polished stone adzes and slate points.
8) At Pitt River, adzes and baskets were dated around 2900 years aol.
9) Tools include adzes , carving knives, stone axes, stone hammers and paintbrushes.
10) Doors, wooden grain chests, roofing beams were merely hacked into shape with adzes .
11) Neolithic assemblages (hand adzes , polished Celts, awls etc.).
12) These tools are similar to more modern adzes and were a cheaper alternative to polished axes.
13) Class III hand axe may be either preforms or crude formalized tools, such as adzes .
14) The "Singkam Nggam" music is accompanied by the quick beating of beliong adzes .
15) Archaeologists discovered them with stone axes and adzes and dubbed them 'celt stones'.
example sentences with adzes
example sentences with adzes16) The recovery of many woodworking adzes and other artifacts shows that Golabai was a boat-building centre.
17) The stone adzes were mass-produced on Penghu and nearby islands, from the volcanic rock found there.
18) After a year it was so hard that Chola and Mina had to hack it out with adzes .
19) Fishing tackle, stone adzes and wooden objects, e.g. canoes and bows, have been found at some sites.
20) Then some amount of cutting and splitting with stone adzes and mauls would be done, creating a wide triangular cut.
21) Carvers use simple hand tools, such as axes, adzes , spoke shaves, and rasps to shape the shell.
22) Obsidian was collected by the Squamish Nation for making knives, chisels, adzes and other sharp tools in pre-contact times.
23) Woodworking tools such as adzes appear in the archaeological record, although some flint blade types remained similar to their Palaeolithic predecessors.
24) After chants and prayers the tree would be felled by a combination of fires around the base and chopping with hand adzes .
25) There are suggestions that the earliest planes were simply wooden blocks fastened to the soles of adzes to effect greater control of the cutting action.
26) The stone adzes , which were bifacially flaked with appendages in order to be hafted to wooden handles, were used for tilling and harvesting.
27) The posts were cut into shape using axes, adzes and saws, the marks from which can still be seen in some instances.
28) Jola canoes, which range from 6 to 8 m in length, are carved by adzes entirely out of one tree each, unlike the traditional Senegalese pirogue.
How to use adzes in a sentence29) The head of the tree and branches were removed then the hull was roughly shaped in situ using fire and hand adzes , under the guidance of the chief designer.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of adz
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of adz with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with adz
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word adz in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with adz.
20 examples of simple sentences of adz. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of adz
Compound Sentences with adz
Complex Sentences with adz
Compound-Complex Sentences with adz