add apostrophe in a sentence
1) Point out that by adding an apostrophe and s to a noun, it turns the noun into a possessive form.
2) But if the word does end in "s" or a "z" sound, simply add the apostrophe after the final letter.
3) I have missed a word that should have been capitalized - forgot to add an apostrophe ... nothing major, but errors nonetheless.
add apostrophe example sentences4) When a plural noun ends with s, add an apostrophe ('). pumpkins owned by the boys the boys' pumpkins eyes of the puppies the puppies' eyes 2.
5) Elicit from students that to form the possessive of a singular noun, you add an apostrophe and s ('s).
6) I do not bother to capitalize (or add apostrophes for that matter) in personal emails, text messages, and other informal communication.
7) Nouns, noun phrases and some pronouns generally form a possessive with the suffix "-'s" (or in some cases just by adding an apostrophe to an existing "-s").
8) If the prefix ends in a consonant and the root starts with an iotified vowel, then an apostrophe is added between the prefix and the root, for example, з'їсти.
9) Even the "guerrillas" were adding apostrophes in spots that didn't necessarily call for them, which she respectfully pointed out.
10) Possessives are formed by adding an apostrophe and "s", a suffix, to the root Shelta noun, as in English again.
11) Why go through all the trouble of saying that you think of yourself as black and then travel over to Ireland and say you want to add an apostrophe to your name.
12) It's very tempting to add an apostrophe before every "s" that ends a word-but that's the most amateur mistake you can make!
13) But don't add an apostrophe for possessive pronouns:
14) The boxes' sides were crushed. (multiple boxes=plural, so "-es is added after the x, but the sides are 'owned by' all the boxes so add an apostrophe ). (MORE)
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of add apostrophe
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of add apostrophe with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with add apostrophe
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word add apostrophe in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with add apostrophe.
20 examples of simple sentences of add apostrophe. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of add apostrophe
Compound Sentences with add apostrophe
Complex Sentences with add apostrophe
Compound-Complex Sentences with add apostrophe