use apostrophe in a sentence
1) Fortunately using apostrophes correctly is actually really easy.
2) The apostrophe is used to indicate possession.
3) No apostrophe is used in the possessive third person neuter.
use apostrophe example sentences4) apostrophes are also used to show possession.
5) Do not use apostrophes to show plural!
6) The apostrophe is used as a substitute for this letter.
7) Don't use apostrophes in the wrong place.
8) And one that makes people use apostrophes correctly?
9) Online publications almost invariably use the plain apostrophe (').
10) Use an apostrophe when you're shortening or combining words.
11) All too often, writers use apostrophes to make certain words plural.
12) Use an apostrophe to indicate the place where characters have been omitted.
13) Do not use an apostrophe in a normal plural.
14) Do not use apostrophes to mark possessives.
15) An apostrophe is used when letters are missing from a word or words.
example sentences with use apostrophe16) Eye dialects use apostrophes in creating the effect of a non-standard pronunciation.
17) Use an apostrophe to show the plural of a number or symbol.
18) As in Pinyin, an apostrophe is used to clarify syllable divisions.
19) An apostrophe is used after the s in the case of plural owners.
20) He wrote it using an apostrophe .
21) apostrophes are used rarely in Czech.
22) Do not use an apostrophe or an 's with possessive pronouns.
23) But it is non-standard to use an apostrophe instead of the caron.
24) Otherwise, or when in doubt, don't use an apostrophe !
25) apostrophes are used to show that a letter or letters have been left out.
26) Who Started using apostrophes in Sci-Fi and Fantasy Names ?
27) German usage is very similar: an apostrophe is used almost exclusively to indicate omitted letters.
28) Note that the possessive pronouns do not use apostrophes ; they are possessive already.
How to use use apostrophe in a sentence29) Writers also began using the apologetic apostrophe , to mark "missing" English letters.
30) In modern printings of Ancient Greek, apostrophes are also used to mark elision.
31) In Afrikaans the apostrophe is used to show that letters have been omitted from words.
32) Often, names of places or institutions will not use the apostrophe to designate possession.
33) Then immediately use the apostrophe .
34) Some programming languages, like Pascal, use the ASCII apostrophe to delimit string constants.
35) I have to admit that I 'm guilty of using apostrophes because they look cool.
36) This is yet another reason to use apostrophes only for possessives and not for plurals.
37) The apostrophe is also used to mark a missing letter , or letters, in shortened forms.
38) Some earlier alphabets used "h"; more commonly today a special kind of apostrophe is used .
39) Place names in the United States do not use the possessive apostrophe on federal maps and signs.
40) Using an apostrophe in a plural which is not a possessive form is almost never recommended by prescriptivists.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of use apostrophe
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of use apostrophe with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with use apostrophe
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word use apostrophe in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with use apostrophe.
20 examples of simple sentences of use apostrophe. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of use apostrophe
Compound Sentences with use apostrophe
Complex Sentences with use apostrophe
Compound-Complex Sentences with use apostrophe