infect bacterium in a sentence
1) Each bacterium was infected with a seed that covertly replaced most of the nucleus.
2) Finally, the unfortunate bacterium bursts and releases millions of viruses that infect new bacteria.
3) These viruses infect specific bacteria by binding to surface receptor molecules and then entering the cell.
4) The technique is based on mechanism used by a virus called a bacteriophage that infects bacteria.
infect bacterium example sentences5) Numerous other types of bacteriophages were quickly discovered and were shown to infect bacteria wherever they are found.
6) The bacteria are infected with phages and die, producing new phages; the medium clears up.
7) Bacteria is just Greek for and er this is a virus which infects the human gut bacterium .
8) These ' young' phages burst from the host cell (killing it) and infect more bacteria.
9) Bacteriophages, the viruses which infect bacteria, can be relatively easily grown as viral plaques on bacterial cultures.
10) Released virions are described as free, and, unless defective, are capable of infecting a new bacterium.
11) Some bacteriophages, viruses that infect bacteria, have been used as effective controls of bacterial diseases in laboratory experiments.
12) You will discover how a bacteriophage, a virus that infects bacteria, replicates after infecting a bacterial cell.
13) The T4-like viruses infect both bacteria and archaea and their "pol" gene resembles that of eukaryotes.
14) The P1 phage is a temperate phage that causes either a lysogenic or lytic cycle when it infects a bacterium.
example sentences with bacterium15) When Camilli and his colleagues mutated the virus's CRISPR DNA, the virus lost its ability to infect the bacterium.
16) The bacteriophage infects the bacterium, Staphylococcus, by taking over its cell chemistry and it is thought to cause the production of a toxic substance which is poisonous to human cells.
17) They have identified a new bacteriophage, a viral organism that infects bacteria just as viruses infect human cells, which is associated with the syndrome.
18) As a result, bacteria infected with both f1 and IKe produce fewer copies of each virus than bacteria infected with only one species.
19) As a result, bacteria infected with both f1 and IKe produce fewer copies of each virus than bacteria infected with only one species.
20) In 1952, Alfred Hershey and Martha Chase confirmed that the genetic material of the bacteriophage, the virus which infects bacteria, is made up of DNA (see Hershey-Chase experiment).
21) When these new bacteriophages infect other bacteria, DNA from the previous host bacterium is injected into the new bacterial host as double-strand DNA.
22) This specificity means a bacteriophage can infect only certain bacteria bearing receptors to which they can bind, which in turn determines the phage's host range.
23) Nine families infect bacteria only, nine infect archaea only, and one ("Tectiviridae") infects both bacteria and archaea.
24) These then move on to infect other bacteria, often with pieces of bacterial DNA included in their genome, some of which may be genes for making antibiotics.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of infect bacterium
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of infect bacterium with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with infect bacterium
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word infect bacterium in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with infect bacterium.
20 examples of simple sentences of infect bacterium. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of infect bacterium
Compound Sentences with infect bacterium
Complex Sentences with infect bacterium
Compound-Complex Sentences with infect bacterium