area bombing in a sentence
1) Area bombing risked killing too many prisoners.
2) Instead, he favoured area bombing against industrial cities.
3) Harris was a zealous advocate of the area bombing of German cities.
area bombing example sentences4) During World War II Bell repeatedly condemned the Allied practice of area bombing .
5) The much better provided US survey was little concerned with the RAF area bombing campaign.
6) On 14 February 1942, the area bombing directive was issued to Bomber Command.
7) However at this time many senior Allied air commanders still thought area bombing was less effective.
8) Therefore, RAF Bomber Command turned to a policy of area bombing at night.
9) It was argued that the intent of area bombing was to disrupt communications and destroy industrial production.
10) In 1942, the British Cabinet agreed to the " area bombing " of German cities.
11) However, the 'shock' value of precision bombing is less severe than of area bombing .
12) During World War 2 the British Bomber Command was engaged in night time area bombing of Germany.
13) Harris wanted to continue his policy of area bombing industrial cities, Spaatz wanted to attack the oil plants.
14) On 3 January 1945, 97 B-29s were dispatched to conduct an area bombing raid on Nagoya.
15) It was accepted by Cabinet and Harris was directed to carry out the task ( area bombing directive).
example sentences with area bombing16) A.C.A.S. Ops), the Allies implemented incendiary bomb tactics against U-Boat pens, under the area bombing directive.
17) In addition to bombing the important factories, the R.A.F. razed the city center of Mannheim with nighttime area bombing .
18) LeMay thought that this would increase the psychological impact of bombing, and reduce the stigma of area bombing cities.
19) Area bombing , like the RAF efforts, were widely used with 750 and then 1000 bomber raids against large targets.
20) Only in 1943 did Harris have both the means and the opportunity to put his belief in area bombing into practice.
21) Although killing German civilians was never an explicit policy, it was obvious that area bombing must lead to large-scale civilian casualties.
22) This was only effective for " area bombing ", however, since the path of the bomb is only roughly estimated.
23) Although bombing campaigns were still strategic in their aims, the widespread area bombing tactics of World War II had mostly disappeared.
24) Tasked by RAF Air Headquarters Malaya, the Lincolns generally conducted area bombing missions, as well as strikes against pinpoint targets.
25) In 1942, Lindemann presented a seminal paper to the Cabinet advocating the area bombing of German cities in a strategic bombing campaign.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of area bombing
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of area bombing with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with area bombing
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word area bombing in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with area bombing.
20 examples of simple sentences of area bombing. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of area bombing
Compound Sentences with area bombing
Complex Sentences with area bombing
Compound-Complex Sentences with area bombing