apteryx in a sentence
1) The apteryx (kiwi): a "wingless bird with hairy feathers," as he invariably introduces himself.
2) The Yen mad ... Kiwi are flightless birds endemic to New Zealand , in the genus apteryx and family Apterygidae .
3) The Haast southern brown kiwi, Haast tokoeka, " apteryx australis 'Haast'", is the rarest subspecies of kiwi with only about 300 individuals.
apteryx example sentences
apteryx example sentences4) The largest species is the great spotted kiwi or Roroa, " apteryx haastii", which stands about 45 cm high and weighs about 3.3 kg (males about 2.4 kg).
5) The genus name " apteryx " is derived from Ancient Greek "without wing": "a-", "without" or "not"; "pterux", "wing".
6) This footage of a little spotted kiwi ( apteryx owenii) emerging from its day roost (an underground burrow) was taken at the ZEALANDIA sanctuary in Wellington.
7) " apteryx haastii" (Great spotted kiwi)
8) " apteryx owenii" (Little spotted kiwi)
9) Relationships in the genus " apteryx "
10) " apteryx australis" (Brown kiwi)
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of apteryx
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of apteryx with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with apteryx
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word apteryx in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with apteryx.
20 examples of simple sentences of apteryx. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of apteryx
Compound Sentences with apteryx
Complex Sentences with apteryx
Compound-Complex Sentences with apteryx