apothecary system in a sentence
1) Apothecaries' systems for volumes were internationally much less common than those for weights.
2) In addition to this there are the Troy and the Apothecaries' systems .
3) The basic form of the apothecaries' system is essentially a subset of the Roman weight system.
apothecary system example sentences4) The apothecaries' system of measures is a similar system of volume units based on the fluid ounce.
5) In the US, the metric system replaced the apothecaries' system in the United States Pharmacopoeia of 1971.
6) Even in Turkey a system of weights similar to the European apothecaries' system was used for the same purpose.
7) However, the Medicinals Act of 1858 completely abolished the apothecaries' system in favour of the standard Avoirdupois system.
8) The fluid dram unit of volume is based on the weight of 1 dram of water in the apothecaries' system .
9) The USP and NF allow the simultaneous use of both the metric and apothecary systems to declare the quantity of active ingredients present in drug product labeling.
10) In practice the old apothecaries' system based on the troy pound was still widely used, however, until it was abolished by the Weights and Measures Act of 1976.
11) The abolishment of the apothecaries' system meant that doctors' prescriptions had to take place in terms of the current civil weight: grammes and kilograms.
12) The British apothecaries' system was based on the troy pound until metrication, and it survived in the United States and Australia well into the 20th century.
13) The Flemish troy pound became the standard for the gold and apothecaries' system in the United Kingdom of the Netherlands; it was also used in this way in Lübeck.
14) Since only the units of the apothecaries' system were used in this way, this made it clear that the civil weight system was not meant.
15) The English-speaking countries also used a system of units of fluid measure, or in modern terminology volume units, based on the apothecaries' system .
example sentences with apothecary system16) In the United States, the apothecaries' system remained official until it was abolished in 1971 in favour of the metric system.
17) The traditional English apothecaries' system of weights is as shown in the table, the pound, ounce and grain being identical to the troy pound, ounce and grain.
18) In old merchants' handbooks the former system is sometimes referred to as the pharmaceutical system, and distinguished from the apothecaries' system .
19) The apothecaries' system often used the same ounces as the precious metals system, although even then the number of ounces in a pound could be different.
20) In the USA, though no longer recommended, the apothecaries' system is still used occasionally in medicine, especially in prescriptions for older medications.
21) a unit of volume in the traditional apothecary system , equal to 1/8 fluid ounce.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of apothecary system
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of apothecary system with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with apothecary system
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word apothecary system in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with apothecary system.
20 examples of simple sentences of apothecary system. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of apothecary system
Compound Sentences with apothecary system
Complex Sentences with apothecary system
Compound-Complex Sentences with apothecary system