apothecary pound in a sentence
1) An apothecaries' pound normally consisted of 12 ounces.
2) In 1555, a weight standard for the apothecaries' pound of 12 ounces was set in Nuremberg.
3) The weight of an apothecaries' pound was 345.1 g in Spain and 344.2 g in Portugal.
apothecary pound example sentences4) The apothecaries' pound of 360 g was also adopted in Lübeck, where it was official as of 1861.
5) In 1811, Bavaria legally defined the apothecaries' pound as 360.00 g (an ounce of 30.00 g).
6) The civil pound of 16 ounces was equivalent to 2 marks, and it was also used as the apothecaries' pound .
7) With the beginning of metrication, some countries standardized their apothecaries' pound to an easily remembered multiple of the French gramme.
8) The apothecaries' new pound was 375.00 g. Apart from rounding issues concerning the subdivisions, this corresponded exactly to the French "système usuel".
9) In 1836 the Greek apothecaries' pound was officially defined by this standard, four years after Otto, the son of the king of Bavaria, became the first king of Greece.
10) From now on the Nuremberg apothecaries' pound was no longer the official apothecaries' pound in Nuremberg; but the difference was only 0.6%.
11) From now on the Nuremberg apothecaries' pound was no longer the official apothecaries' pound in Nuremberg; but the difference was only 0.6%.
12) The apothecaries' pound in Venice had exactly the same subdivisions as those in the non-Romance countries, but its total weight of 301 g was at the bottom of the range.
13) The weight of an apothecaries' pound ranged generally between 300 g and 320 g, slightly less than that of a pound in the Roman Empire.
14) E.g. Bologna (in the Papal States) had an apothecaries' pound that was less than the local civil pound, and 4% lighter than the pound used in Rome.
15) In France, at some stage the apothecaries' pound of 12 ounces was replaced by the larger civil pound of 16 ounces.
example sentences with apothecary pound
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of apothecary pound
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of apothecary pound with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with apothecary pound
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word apothecary pound in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with apothecary pound.
20 examples of simple sentences of apothecary pound. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of apothecary pound
Compound Sentences with apothecary pound
Complex Sentences with apothecary pound
Compound-Complex Sentences with apothecary pound