ballast resistor in a sentence
1) A ballast resistor is not required with a 6 volt system.
2) No external ballast resistor is required.
3) No additional ballast resistor required.
4) Some of these coils have an internal resistor and some require an external ballast resistor.
ballast resistor example sentences5) To avoid this problem, a ballast resistor was inserted in series with the ignition system.
6) This common point is connected to the battery (usually through a current-limiting ballast resistor).
7) Another common use of a ballast resistor in the automotive industry, is adjusting the ventilation fan speed.
8) In factory installations this is obtained by a special resistance wire to the coil or a ballast resistor.
9) The incandescent lamp of RO is protected by a ballast resistor and is connected to the AC output.
10) If current decreases, the ballast resistor gets colder, its resistance drops, and the voltage drop decreases.
11) It's best to use at least a 1.2 ohm ballast resistor for the Chrysler electronic ignition control module.
12) This type of unit operates off of full 12 volts, which means it does not require a ballast resistor.
13) A ballast resistor is a series resistor placed in line with the load and may be a fixed or variable resistor.
14) A ballast resistor was often used for this purpose, as it was cheap and worked with both AC and DC.
example sentences with ballast15) Now you must multiply by a reasonable factor to allow for energy lost in the wires and in the ballast resistor.
16) If you can't find one of these, use another ignition ballast resistor and run the gage on 7.5 volts.
17) Because the main supply has an output of only 1500V, the ballast resistor has only a few hundred volts across it.
18) In the case of this green HeNe tube, the ballast resistor is 75K - made from two 150K, 5 Watt resistors in parallel.
19) The voltage applied to the resistor igniters will be somewhat less than the capacitor voltage due to the ballast resistor and the resistance of the wires.
20) If you use a ballast resistor in the firing box, the capacitor voltage can be allowed to exceed the voltage rating of the wire by 5% to 15%, depending on how much the resistor drops the voltage.
21) Use a permanent felt tip marker ( Sharpie ) or paint marker (TEXPEN®) to write on the ballast resistor or coil of its ohms resistance or no resistor for future reference.
22) With the ballast resistor or ignition coil not connected to anything, connect the test leads of the multimeter to the terminals on the ballast resistor or small terminals on the coil.
23) With the ballast resistor or ignition coil not connected to anything, connect the test leads of the multimeter to the terminals on the ballast resistor or small terminals on the coil.
24) But to use a 6 volt coil with a 12 volt electrical system, simply use a minimum 1.3 ohm ballast resistor in series to reduce the voltage to the coil.
25) Any ignition coil without a built-in resistor is a 6 volt coil, and can be safely operated with a 6 volt electrical system without a ballast resistor or resistance wire.
26) Therefore the ballast resistor reduces variations in current, despite variations in applied voltage or changes in the rest of an electric circuit.
27) Like the tungsten filament of an ordinary incandescent lamp, if current increases, the ballast resistor gets hotter, its resistance goes up, and its voltage drop increases.
28) Some ballast resistors have the property of increasing in resistance as current through them increases, and decreasing in resistance as current decreases.
29) Prior to the advent of solid-state ignition, automobile ignition systems commonly included a ballast resistor to regulate the voltage applied to the ignition system.
30) In this use, we sometimes call them "ballasting resistors", since their job is to balance the current drawn by each nonlinear load (the LED in this case).
31) Don't consider anything but the ballast resistor to get 7.5 volts – the resistance wire method is not reliable over a period of time as its resistance increases with age.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of ballast resistor
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of ballast resistor with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with ballast resistor
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word ballast resistor in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with ballast resistor.
20 examples of simple sentences of ballast resistor. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of ballast resistor
Compound Sentences with ballast resistor
Complex Sentences with ballast resistor
Compound-Complex Sentences with ballast resistor