badly battered in a sentence
1) But our tent was still holding though badly battered.
2) She had been badly battered about the head.
3) Her boats were also badly battered.
4) There were also reports saying he had been badly battered, but had survived.
badly battered example sentences5) Another 20 were badly battered or ran aground, and 278 seamen lost their lives.
6) When my badly battered budget will hopefully be in a better shape, too.
7) Here the 4th became a reserve unit for the badly battered 42nd Division.
8) badly battered by his Southern Ocean voyage, he turned north with considerable relief.
9) In December last year, GM abandoned Peugeot Citroen, leaving the French company badly battered.
10) It is badly battered, for awful fighting took place there in the first month of the war.
11) The fire ship got badly battered and sank, bringing its crew and fireworks to the bottom of the sea.
12) A soft weeping led her, but nothing prepared her for the young, badly battered woman tangled in the sheets.
13) This was but a momentary reprieve for the badly outnumbered and nearly exhausted troops of the badly battered British Expeditionary Force.
14) On 22 September, the Royal Jordanian Air Force began attacking Syrian forces, which were badly battered as a result.
example sentences with badly15) After World War II, many executives strove to refurbish the image of Big Business, badly battered in the Depression.
16) Her face had been badly battered regularly and her nose was flat, crushed against the rest with its underside piece missing.
17) The city was kept safe as Price and his troops, badly battered from the Battle of Wilson's Creek, retreated.
18) The helmet was a most cumbersome and unpopular form of head-gear; carried in the wagons whenever possible, it soon became badly battered.
19) The ad depicted a badly battered white female asked by a police officer to pick out a perpetrator from a lineup of black men and a goat.
20) Distress call was sent out by radio, and in a short time tugs were towing the badly battered steamer back to port.
21) badly battered by anti-union legislation and low morale, trade unions have responded to the new threats coming from underground with the agility of a Leviathan.
22) During the 1980s, Arafat received financial assistance from Libya, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, which allowed him to reconstruct the badly battered PLO.
23) At the end of the day, Fort Pemberton was basically unscathed; the gunboats, however, particularly "Chillicothe," had been badly battered.
24) All that remained was the crest holder ("sans" crest) which was so badly battered that it resembled an all-in-one assembly of Allen wrenches.
25) On 6 June, "Thomas E. Fraser" relieved, the badly battered target of a mass kamikaze attack, on picket station.
26) At 23:00 on 29 August, the badly battered Greek units of Trikoupis Group, disengaged and began marching towards Çalköy, which was thought to be weakly held by Turkish forces.
27) Capt. Hawks's nose and jaw were fractured, his face badly battered, several of his big, white teeth knocked out.
28) In August, he was promoted to Chief of Staff of the badly battered 6th Army, and soon replaced its commander.
29) He also saw that the Confederate lines were being badly battered by Federal artillery which was firing on them from nearly every direction.
30) His ship was badly battered, largely powerless, down by the head and listing slightly to port, and a third of his crew was dead or missing.
31) Brown failed to win possession of the island, and his flagship, "Hercules", was badly battered and ran aground.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of badly battered
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of badly battered with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with badly battered
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word badly battered in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with badly battered.
20 examples of simple sentences of badly battered. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of badly battered
Compound Sentences with badly battered
Complex Sentences with badly battered
Compound-Complex Sentences with badly battered