thwart ambition in a sentence
1) No wonder your ambitions are sometimes thwarted .
2) Sadly my ambitions were somewhat thwarted .
3) Muhammad held that line more-or-less down to the end, thwarting Hassan's ambitions .
thwart ambition example sentences
thwart ambition example sentences4) GUIL: thwarted ambition - a sense of grievance, that's my diagnosis.
5) The Pomeranian duke then pledged allegiance to Barbarossa in 1181, thwarting Ascanian ambitions .
6) The pronunciamientos of 1824-20 were a combination of officer discontents, thwarted ambition , and liberal principle.
7) Julius II founded the League of Cambrai of the Holy League specifically to thwart the ambitions of France.
8) U.S. expansionists wanted California to thwart British ambitions in the area and to gain a port on the Pacific Ocean.
9) His ambition was further thwarted by John Comyn, who had been much more resolute in his opposition to the English.
10) This caused the Royal Mint to instigate its own investigations, which thus thwarted Chaloner's ambition to become its overseer.
11) Coalitions were successfully put together to thwart the hegemonic ambitions firstly of Spain, then of France, and finally of Germany.
12) Having helped break the ambition of Nazi Germany, the US maintained a vast standing army on European soil for 40 years to thwart the ambition of Russia.
13) But SCC didn't want to appear to be thwarting the ambitions of transit advocates by suggesting that new subway service was a bad thing.
14) Thwarted ambition , dashed hopes, financial loss, failure, loss of honour or reputation and any blow to their self-esteem can plunge them into depression and despair.
15) Yet they could hardly express their resentment in terms of thwarted personal ambition and so preferred to see their fate as a result of ideological changes in the Party.
example sentences with thwart ambition16) A group of entrepreneurs gathered during the 1980s to revive the fledging industry but their ambitions were thwarted by poor technology and limited government support.
17) In the northern part of this theatre, Coburg thwarted Dumouriez's ambitions with a series of victories that evicted the French from the Austrian Netherlands altogether.
18) However England's Grand Slam ambitions were thwarted in the next game 2 weeks later when they lost narrowly 13-6 against Ireland in Athlone.
19) Richard A. Clarke and the Clinton administration, according to Scheuer, thwarted the CIA's ambitions to kidnap or kill bin Laden when they had the chance.
20) B - an attempt by the GER to gain a terminus in the West End - parliament terminated the line at Highgate Road, thus thwarting GE ambitions .
21) Nevertheless, the Dutch had thwarted the ambitions of two of the major royal dynasties of the time: the Stuarts and the Bourbons.
22) If Gaston became King, Richelieu would quite likely have lost both his job as minister and his life, so it was in his interests to thwart Gaston's ambitions .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of thwart ambition
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of thwart ambition with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with thwart ambition
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word thwart ambition in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with thwart ambition.
20 examples of simple sentences of thwart ambition. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of thwart ambition
Compound Sentences with thwart ambition
Complex Sentences with thwart ambition
Compound-Complex Sentences with thwart ambition