mass artillery in a sentence
1) The attack included massed German artillery and infantry attacks.
2) The constant pressure of massed artillery and ground attacks eventually wore down the defenders.
3) The Soviets found that massed artillery and simple battle drills had little effect on the elusive guerrillas.
mass artillery example sentences4) The Japs, employing massed artillery followed closely by aggressive infantry action hit the 41st Division.
5) The Union troops regrouped and held the Nashville Pike, supported by reinforcements and massed artillery .
6) Massed artillery could sweep all approaches, and gunboats on the river were ready to provide fire support.
7) Richardson's men were in hot pursuit when massed artillery hastily assembled by Gen. Longstreet drove them back.
8) Efforts were made to improve massed on-call artillery and air support, which had previously been difficult to coordinate.
9) The Grande Armée's remaining artillery was massed for combat, and the Guardsmen formed themselves into attack columns.
10) Mangin credited the victory to the judicious application of the superior speed and power of massed artillery and machine guns.
11) But massed Union artillery shattered the assaults, and counterattacking Federals drove Breckinridge's men back to their line of departure.
12) Meanwhile, the Russians were moving to counterattack in the centre, but the Guard infantry was pounded out of the action by massed artillery .
13) On a static battlefield dominated by the weapons of the industrial age, by the machine gun and massed artillery , the cavalry was seen as an anachronism.
14) Three days later, on 28 February, 17th Division attacked Meiktila from all sides, supported by massed artillery and air strikes.
15) About 4 p.m., Cheatham's corps broke through the Union front, but massed artillery near Sherman's headquarters halted the Confederate assault.
example sentences with mass artillery16) Simonds knew that infantry assaults supported by massed artillery had failed to overcome the German forward lines in Operation Atlantic and Operation Spring.
17) Casualties of the defenders matched those of the attackers, as vast reserves were expended in costly counter-attacks or exposed to the attacker's massed artillery .
18) Then the southern British flank was broken open by a new German army of six divisions and massed artillery moving toward the Zandvoorde and Messines ridges.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of mass artillery
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of mass artillery with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with mass artillery
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word mass artillery in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with mass artillery.
20 examples of simple sentences of mass artillery. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of mass artillery
Compound Sentences with mass artillery
Complex Sentences with mass artillery
Compound-Complex Sentences with mass artillery