enemy artillery in a sentence
1) The convoy was shelled by enemy artillery .
2) The enemy's artillery had the range of the British trenches.
3) The French took all of the enemy's artillery .
enemy artillery example sentences4) Counter battery - Firing on enemy artillery .
5) During this operation, the division suffered heavy casualties from enemy artillery .
6) The remaining footbridges either were washed away or were destroyed by enemy artillery .
7) Under enemy artillery during the assaults, their objectives were secured without serious difficulty.
8) Moreover, the German-held ridges exposed Messines to enemy artillery .
9) Though enemy artillery was largely ineffectual, they had superiority in men and arms.
10) The enemy artillery was silenced although they killed one person and wounded two others.
11) Enemy artillery was still heavy when the Battalion moved out to the attack.
12) Removing the threat posed by enemy artillery is an important objective on the battlefield.
13) The corps encountered the Confederates behind breastworks and took cover as enemy artillery began firing.
14) Muzzle flashes of guns could also be spotted and used to target enemy artillery .
15) They had been pinned down for 6 hours, taking heavy fire from the enemy artillery .
example sentences with enemy artillery16) In April she dueled with enemy artillery at Cab Cabin and again fought off enemy aircraft.
17) The main benefit of the glacis was to deny enemy artillery the ability to fire point blank.
18) One important use was for smoke laying to obscure the invading fleet from enemy artillery or aircraft.
19) On the night of 22-23 April Skyline Ridge was well covered by enemy artillery .
20) On the way to the start line the Battalion suffered casualties from enemy artillery and mortar fire.
21) Enemy artillery will probably be better than your own, so try to counter it early on.
22) They were under enemy fire and enemy artillery shelled Houplines to their front on the 18th October.
23) With these improvements, enemy artillery could be located accurately to within 25 to 50 meters under normal circumstances.
24) The 31st Tank Brigade reported: "We suffered heavy losses in tanks through enemy artillery and aircraft.
25) Alternatively, use Doom Divers to zap the enemy's artillery before it can damage your core units.
26) Some of the damage was due to the bad weather that week as much as the enemy artillery shelling.
27) As the attack transport closed the island, enemy artillery opened up, lobbing two shells over the ship.
28) Modern Counter-battery fire developed in World War I, with the objective of defeating the enemy's artillery .
How to use enemy artillery in a sentence29) Enemy artillery became active and once again hand grenades and knee mortar shells were dropped on the attackers from above.
30) Enemy artillery had taken up position to the south and east and would be responsible for some harassing fire.
31) The German positions were practically impregnable, mines were everywhere, and enemy artillery had the crossing points covered thoroughly.
32) The earliest known hyperbolic system was used during World War I as an acoustic location system for locating enemy artillery .
33) The Irish soldiers repeatedly repelled the attackers, and knocked out enemy artillery and mortar positions using 60mm mortars.
34) The rear companies were at last guided forward across the draw, suffering only a few casualties from enemy artillery .
35) Due to their high position, these trebuchets could outrange enemy artillery and thereby prevent them from breaching the walls.
36) He and Captain Johnston were scrambled to assist US Marines moving on Kuwait City and under fire from enemy artillery .
37) Several positions were occupied along the way to fire on enemy rear guard artillery which was continually harassing the whole column.
38) With elephants still being used to carry commanders on the battlefield, they became even more tempting targets for enemy artillery .
39) Even in the rest area the unit was subject to enemy artillery and was required to dig in to minimize casualties.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of enemy artillery
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of enemy artillery with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with enemy artillery
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word enemy artillery in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with enemy artillery.
20 examples of simple sentences of enemy artillery. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of enemy artillery
Compound Sentences with enemy artillery
Complex Sentences with enemy artillery
Compound-Complex Sentences with enemy artillery