azulejo in a sentence
1) Many azulejos chronicle major historical and cultural aspects of Portuguese history.
2) azulejos - a ceramic tile manufacturer from Spain.
3) The vestry walls are covered by azulejos.
4) There are also some azulejos with quotes of Salazar.
azulejo example sentences5) The fountain, itself, shows vestiges of 17th century azulejo tile.
6) The central wall along the nave is decorated in blue and white azulejo tiles.
7) The azulejo and the Portuguese pavement are two typical elements of Portuguese architecture.
8) This use of azulejos attested to the family's or church's wealth.
9) Marvellous mosaics and azulejos were designed.
10) The "azulejos" at each station include both a picture and a written caption.
11) Portugal and São Luís continue their tradition of "azulejo" tilework today.
12) Small devotional "azulejo" panels started to appear on buildings as protection against future disasters.
13) The top of these lateral walls are topped by twelve panels of monochromatic azulejo tile.
14) The refectory across the chapter house has several "azulejos" tiles from the 17th century.
example sentences with azulejo15) This one of the most notable creations with "azulejos" of the 20th century.
16) In the 19th century, azulejo tilework started being generally used by the bourgeoisie to decorate façades.
17) In the central pavilion are six azulejo panels forming a figurative composition, completed in the 19th century.
18) azulejos were used in large quantities to cover walls from the late 15th to early 16th century.
19) This is the largest of a series of canals in the gardens bordered with chinoiserie-style azulejo tiles.
20) The Museu Nacional do azulejo in Lisbon houses the largest collection of Portuguese tiles in the world.
21) The azulejos (monochromatic blue-on-white) include representations of two angels holdings scrolls, with a central inscription.
22) Chapel of Nossa Senhora do Cabo - a 17th-century chapel whose front facade is covered in azulejo.
23) The Algarve is famous for its pottery and ceramics, particularly hand-painted pottery and "azulejos" or tiles.
24) azulejos can be found inside and outside churches, palaces, ordinary houses and even railway stations or subway stations.
25) Some time around 1946 new azulejos were installed in the northern part of the buildings (from signed panels).
26) The singular nave consists of a high-choir over stone pillars, a sillar of marble azulejo tile and stucco vaulted-ceiling.
27) After the Portuguese had captured Ceuta (North Africa) in 1415 they became acquainted with the azulejo technique themselves.
How to use azulejo in a sentence28) Other characteristic elements are decorative (and functional) wrought iron gratings, and the tiles known as "azulejos".
29) The azulejo (, ) refers to a typical form of Portuguese or Spanish painted, tin-glazed, ceramic tilework.
30) We enter by the walled medieval town's main gate, stopping to photograph the distinctive blue azulejo tiles decorating the balcony.
31) The surviving tower was given the name "Torre del Oro", supposedly because it was decorated with golden azulejo tiles.
32) Most of the azulejos depict allegorical or mythological scenes, biblical scenes, scenes from the lives of saints or hunting scenes.
33) The interior of the chapel is decorated in a pattern of azulejo tile, while the stone spans are painted in faux-marble.
34) The most striking craft is the making of decorative tiles known as azulejos, a technique the Portuguese learnt from the Moors.
35) The cathedral also houses the city's Sacred Art Museum, which contains a rich collection of ecclesiastical treasures, statues, carvings and rare azulejo glazed tiles.
36) The interior of the chapel are azulejos executed by the Royal Factory of Rato () in Lisbon, from 1786 to 1787.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of azulejo
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of azulejo with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with azulejo
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word azulejo in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with azulejo.
20 examples of simple sentences of azulejo. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of azulejo
Compound Sentences with azulejo
Complex Sentences with azulejo
Compound-Complex Sentences with azulejo