avgas in a sentence
1) These engines could run on automotive gasoline rather than avgas.
2) avgas is currently available in several grades with differing maximum lead concentrations.
3) Storage was provided for of avgas in one tank and five tanks.
4) Also, we were informed by a local that it had avgas.
avgas example sentences5) One fuel biofuel alternative to avgas that is under development is Swift Fuel.
6) TEL remains an ingredient of 100 octane avgas for piston-engine aircraft.
7) It will run on 92 octane premium unleaded or 100LL Avgas.
8) These resemble crop-sprayers, but with piston engines - hence the avgas there.
9) Shrinking availability of avgas drives usage of small airplane engines that can use jet fuel.
10) The EPA identified avgas as one of the most "significant sources of lead".
11) Care must be taken by small airplane pilots to select airports with avgas on flight planning.
12) A diesel engine may also potentially be more environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient than an avgas engine.
13) For example, US and Japanese recreational pilots ship and depot avgas before flying into Siberia.
14) Jet fuel is similar to kerosene and is used in turbine engines; it is not avgas.
example sentences with avgas15) The ignition advance I use varies from 1.8mm to 2.2mm BTDC, using straight Avgas.
16) I've also experimented with running different fuels, from 87 octane unleaded to 100 low lead avgas.
17) From 1983 through 2008, US usage of avgas declined consistently by approximately 7.5 e6USgal each year.
18) The 135 hp engine was used to operating on 80 octane fuel but we had been using 130 octane avgas.
19) The next day, they found the small seaplane tender,, in Lunga Roads offloading avgas into barges.
20) AOPA has asked the EPA to account for the cost and the safety issues involved with removing lead from avgas.
21) A massive explosion at 12:47 was triggered by sparks that ignited gasoline vapors from the cracked port avgas tanks.
22) Racing fuels, avgas, LPG and alcohol fuels such as methanol may have octane ratings of 110 or significantly higher.
23) All U.S. PT boats were powered by three 12-cylinder gasoline-fueled engines running on high octane aviation gasoline (AvGas).
24) After a brief period of repair she loaded up on cargo oil and avgas and departed for station at Majuro atoll.
25) avgas has a higher octane rating than automotive gasoline to allow higher compression ratios, power output and efficiency at higher altitudes.
26) Fuel consumption of these engines was phenomenal; a PT boat carried 3,000 gallons (11,360 liters) of 100 octane avgas.
27) Because the Duc had 12:1 compression I found out was that small local airports WILL sell you 100 Low Lead avgas into a couple of five gallon cans.
How to use avgas in a sentence28) After what seemed like ages we popped out of the cloud and confirmed our dead-reckoned position as overhead the airfield of Vila Real, where we would have landed but it had no avgas.
29) We learned that the fuel promised by both Aerad and Bottlang was there, but instead of avgas it was Jet A1.
30) When forced to run on commercially available "pump fuel", with a lower octane rating than the " avgas " permitted under American rules, engine failures were common.
31) Hundreds of litres of avgas spewing out of the damaged aircraft and the pilot barely hanging onto the Saratoga is surely a recipe for total disaster, but, in fact things finally did come to an end.
32) For the first races of Walker retook possession of the modified car and, running on AvGas, Stirling Moss drove it to victory in the Formula One season opening 1958 Argentine Grand Prix.
33) LeMay sent Douglas C-54 Skymasters filled with 55-gallon (210 L) drums of avgas to Sapporo–the crewmen would have to top off their tanks by hand.
34) Upon the outbreak of war in Korea in June 1950, "Caliente" returned to wartime operations, supplying fuel oil and avgas to the Formosa Patrol Force and U.S. 7th Fleet in the Far East.
35) On 20 November, after loading 97,975 barrels of black oil from, as well as a full load of avgas, diesel, and cargo oil, "Caliente" lay at anchor awaiting a destination.
36) After filling her tanks from at Seeadler Harbor, Admiralty Islands, the oiler supplied the returning carrier forces with avgas and fuel oil.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of avgas
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of avgas with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with avgas
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word avgas in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with avgas.
20 examples of simple sentences of avgas. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of avgas
Compound Sentences with avgas
Complex Sentences with avgas
Compound-Complex Sentences with avgas