aurora borealis in a sentence
1) The aurora borealis has both fascinated and terrified humans for millennia.
2) Photographing the aurora borealis had been a lifelong dream.
3) On November 27, an aurora borealis lit up the night skies.
4) The aurora borealis or northern lights have had a number of names through history.
aurora borealis example sentences5) The area is also popular for birdwatchers and to view the aurora borealis .
6) It is obviously the aurora borealis –but what a weak and disappointing display!
7) The aurora borealis occurs in an oval doughnut-shaped area located above the magnetic pole .
8) Brilliant light displays that occur in the ionosphere are called the aurora borealis . 18.
9) The good news: A flare could also mean an expansion of the aurora borealis !
10) In the Northern Hemisphere, it is called the aurora borealis (northern lights).
11) Energetic particles in the magnetosphere contribute to the aurora borealis and aurora australis.
12) Norwegian photographer Terje Sorgjerd captures the aurora borealis in breath-taking time-lapse glory.
13) Birkeland was a pioneer in studying the magnetic field of the earth and the aurora borealis .
14) Thus far, the aurora borealis has appeared in the skies over Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano.
example sentences with aurora15) As he lives high up north, he gets to photograph the aurora borealis on a regular basis.
16) The aurora borealis (or northern lights) can be visible near Tri-Cities certain times of the year.
17) If you see green in the aurora borealis, that's a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen ions.
18) The Inuit believed the aurora borealis to be visible signals from the dead or the spirits of the dead.
19) He considered radiation pressure as accounting for comets, the solar corona, the aurora borealis, and zodiacal light.
20) At this time of year the aurora borealis can occasionally be seen on the northern horizon during moderate auroral activity.
21) A favorite among audience members was the light design of the aurora borealis, which set the backdrop for the scenes.
22) A similar process takes place in Earth's magnetosphere during geomagnetic storms powering, among other things, the aurora borealis .
23) In 1946, Congress appropriated money for construction of a Geophysical Institute to study Arctic phenomena such as the aurora borealis .
24) At night we direct our attention to any stretch of clear sky to see if aurora borealis appears over the icebergs.
25) In 1619 A.D., Galileo Galilei coined the term "aurora borealis " after Aurora, the Roman goddess of morning.
26) Hams also use the moon, the aurora borealis, and the ionized trails of meteors as reflectors of radio waves.
27) It is also during magnetic storms that beautiful aurora borealis – or " northern lights" – are visible at high latitudes.
How to use aurora in a sentence28) The main objective of the expedition will be the observation of the aurora borealis from the South of Greenland and Iceland.
29) The aurora borealis and aurora australis (northern and southern lights) in the night sky in high latitudes are luminescent sources.
30) Scientifically known as the aurora borealis, the lights, as their name suggests are normally only seen in very northern areas.
31) Returning, they witnessed the aurora borealis at Kotzebue, and spent the night at a barabara built inside a snow bank.
32) The aurora borealis is a common sight in the whole of Troms, but not in summer as there is no darkness.
33) AN INTERNATIONAL team of scientists is using rockets to shoot holes in the aurora borealis in an attempt to 'turn off' the arctic Northern Lights.
34) We saw the aurora borealis 3 nights in a row!! the first night, as the sun went down, and we were still on our way to Grimsborgir, we stopped on the side of the road as the lights started to appear.
35) On the ground floor of the Rehabilitation Center on Veteran Avenue in Westwood, amid the treatment and recovery rooms, sits a small piece of outer space, glowing like the aurora borealis .
36) The best zone to observe the aurora borealis is in a circle around the magnetic North Pole (between 60 and 70 degrees North).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of aurora borealis
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of aurora borealis with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with aurora borealis
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word aurora borealis in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with aurora borealis.
20 examples of simple sentences of aurora borealis. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of aurora borealis
Compound Sentences with aurora borealis
Complex Sentences with aurora borealis
Compound-Complex Sentences with aurora borealis