attain wind in a sentence
1) On April 29, the system attained hurricane-force winds .
2) Shortly thereafter, Anacelle attained peak winds while presenting a 30 km eye.
3) Liza continued to intensify, attaining winds of 80 mph by early September 29.
4) Initially, the storm was expected to stay offshore and attain winds of 70 mph.
attain wind example sentences5) Quickly intensifying, the depression was soon named Calvin as it attained gale-force winds .
6) It dissipated the next day, without attaining maximum sustained winds any higher than 45 mph.
7) Greg continued strengthening to attain peak winds of 85 mph and a pressure of 980 mbar.
8) Continuing to gain strength, Rick attained winds of 145 mph several hours later on October 17.
9) Eleven of these disturbances became tropical depressions, of which nine attained gale force winds and were named.
10) On October 30, it attained gale-force winds and further became a severe cyclonic storm early the next morning.
11) Typhoon Podul became a super typhoon according to the JTWC, attaining strong winds but remaining away from land.
12) Henriette continued to deepen, and by late on July 28, the storm attained winds of 65 mph.
13) Never attaining winds stronger than 40 mph (65 kmh), Knut stayed a tropical storm for one day.
14) Later that day, the system passed to the east of Truk and turned due north before attaining gale-force winds .
example sentences with attain15) After moving through the southeastern Bahamas, Isabel quickly intensified and attained peak winds of 70 mph late on October 8.
16) After entering the Caribbean, Inez briefly weakened before restrengthening, attaining peak sustained winds of 150 mph on September 28.
17) Later on August 23, the storm attained peak winds of 50 mph, which it maintained for about two days.
18) Thereafter, the storm's winds dropped below typhoon force for the first time since it attained such winds 18 days prior.
19) An eye feature developed early on August 25, and Isaac attained winds of 70 mph before crossing the southwestern peninsula of Haiti.
20) Based on a post-storm survey by the National Weather Service office in Boston, the tornado attained maximum estimated winds of 160 mph as it moved into Springfield, ranking it as a high-end EF3.
21) Upon attaining winds of 180 mph, Rick was forecast to peak with winds of 185 mph, which would have tied the record intensity set by Hurricane Linda.
22) The former depression intensified as an extratropical storm, attaining gale force winds while accelerating its forward motion due to an approaching trough.
23) The policy stated that a storm attaining gale-force winds in only one quadrant near its center would be named by the Fiji Meteorological Service.
24) The eye continued to contract to a diameter of about 2 nmi, the smallest known eye in an Atlantic hurricane, and at 1200 UTC on October 19, Wilma attained peak winds of 185 mph.
25) By the time Chanchu attained peak winds, an eastward-moving trough over China broke up the ridge to the north, causing the typhoon to turn sharply to the north into a less favorable environment.
26) Based on these observations, it was estimated that Kate attained peak winds of about 120 mph around 1200 UTC on November 20.
27) Upon reaching its minimum pressure, Vera was estimated to have attained winds equivalent to a Category 5 – the highest classification possible on the modern-day Saffir–Simpson hurricane wind scale.
28) Narda held on to marginal tropical storm intensity for 36 hours before quickly intensifying, and by September 23, the storm had attained winds of 60 mph.
29) Moving northwest, the cyclone rapidly attained peak winds of 40 mph early on November 13 but failed to intensify further over the next three days.
30) Shortly before striking the Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth) south of Nueva Gerona, it attained maximum sustained winds of 145 mph on October 20.
31) Observations from aircraft reconnaissance indicated that the system attained gale-force winds by 12:00 UTC on September 7, resulting in its upgrade to a tropical storm.
32) Based on the data, the NHC estimated that Keith attained peak winds of 140 mph at 0700 UTC on October 1, while just offshore eastern Belize.
33) Later that day, the storm strengthened into a subtropical storm and attained peak winds of 45 mph, supported by both ship and Hurricane Hunters reports.
34) On July 31, the system attained gale-force winds off the Mid-Atlantic coast and was named Alfa, the first name from the list of subtropical storm names for the 1973 season.
35) An extratropical low formed just north of Hispaniola on October 14, and on the following day, it attained gale force winds .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of attain wind
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of attain wind with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with attain wind
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word attain wind in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with attain wind.
20 examples of simple sentences of attain wind. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of attain wind
Compound Sentences with attain wind
Complex Sentences with attain wind
Compound-Complex Sentences with attain wind