alluvial fans in a sentence
1) The western margin of Death Valley is traced by alluvial fans .
2) As we climb the alluvial fans , the gauge rises.
3) Alluvial fans are always near the rangefront.
alluvial fans example sentences4) They are flanked by bajadas and alluvial fans .
5) Predominant are places on terraces or alluvial fans if they exist.
6) Coalescing alluvial fans built out north into the Castrais.
7) In this arid environment, alluvial fans form at the mouth of these streams.
8) Q: What type of sandstone would be predicted to form in alluvial fans ?
9) Basal Permian breccias deposited as alluvial fans lie unconformably.
10) Examples of continental environments are lagoons, lakes, swamps, floodplains and alluvial fans .
11) During the Permian the sea withdrew and alluvial fans and sand dunes spread across the state.
12) Rocks and sediment from the mountains are deposited on the surrounding valley floors as massive alluvial fans .
13) Fan deposit types: Depositionally, alluvial fans are complex, and their character changes over time.
14) To the east of that alluvial fans from Taygetus cover half the valley, making it asymmetrical.
15) Very large alluvial fans merged to form continuous alluvial slopes called "bajadas" along the Panamint Range.
example sentences with alluvial fans16) Western Colorado had a series of alluvial fans during the Permian when the Cutler Group was being deposited.
17) Groves of aspen grow on alluvial fans and along stream networks, with some lodgepole pine and Douglas-fir.
18) The retreat of the alluvial fans also continued during the Middle Miocene (Langhian and Serravallian).
19) Weathering of the igneous rocks resulted in alluvial fans , which spread eastward into the Rio Grande Rift.
20) Small alluvial fans occur on footslopes and have brown forest soils or humus-iron podzols developed in the coarse-textured stony deposits.
21) The alluvial fans that spread out into the sea from valley mouths were built by previous flood and debris flow events.
22) Confirmation is found in the increase of coarser sands and number of conglomeratic intervals towards the south within the alluvial fans .
23) Many of these people lived atop alluvial fans formed by debris flows sourced out of the 2000 m peaks to their south.
24) These strong winds pick-up dust and sand (mostly from the two closest alluvial fans ), which literally sand-blast exposed surfaces.
25) There was deposition in large alluvial fans stretching out from the mountains in the south and the north-east into the flat plain.
26) Welwitschia occurs in a variety of habitats in the same general area, including open flats, rocky canyon walls, shallow drainages, and alluvial fans .
27) Bajadas: In arid regions, alluvial fans covering the pediments of mountain ranges can coalesce to form bajadas , broad aprons of alluvial sediment.
28) On a practical level, alluvial fans represent a high risk of natural hazards in the form of landslides and debris flows and are studied for this reason.
How to use alluvial fans in a sentence29) Alluvial fans are generally restricted in area, typically being no more than 1-10 km from their sediment's source rock.
30) Streams flowing into the subsiding basins eroded the volcanic landscape and deposited thousands of feet of red sandstones and conglomerates on alluvial fans .
31) The arid character of this lowland strip is interrupted by green valleys watered by streams descending from the highlands, surrounded by now dry alluvial fans .
32) To the east, alluvial fans and stream terraces descend to the river from the mountains that form the eastern boundary of the basin.
33) The MSG beaches of the Canterbury Bight therefore occur where the alluvial fans of the Canterbury Plains rivers are exposed to high-energy ocean swells (Hart "et al.
34) In the Pliocene, a renewed uplift started, leading to the formation of huge alluvial fans at the mountain front, a notable example being the Lannemezan alluvial fan.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of alluvial fans
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of alluvial fans with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with alluvial fans
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word alluvial fans in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with alluvial fans.
20 examples of simple sentences of alluvial fans. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of alluvial fans
Compound Sentences with alluvial fans
Complex Sentences with alluvial fans
Compound-Complex Sentences with alluvial fans