allometry in a sentence
1) Comparative methods for studying primate adaptation and allometry .
2) The fiddler crab provides an excellent example of positive allometry .
3) On the contrary, allometry provides a powerful tool for investigating adaption.
allometry example sentences4) The point at issue is the significance of the phenomenon known as allometry .
5) It would scale with positive allometry .
6) If the expected slope is outside the confidence intervals then there is allometry present.
7) Thus the exponent describes the overall allometry of B from birth to maturity.
8) Allometry often studies shape differences in terms of ratios of the objects' dimensions.
9) Allometry has been used to study patterns in locomotive principles across a broad range of species.
10) Thus, to dismiss allometry as non-adaptive is, in many cases, incorrect.
11) In b the slope of each dotted line is less than unity - in each case denoting negative allometry .
12) These differences are probably adaptive and familiarity with the literature on allometry makes it easy to test specific hypotheses.
13) This, says Lewontin, is an example of negative allometry , and need not be considered adaptive.
14) Allometry is widely observed in nature, and has been defined by Stephen Jay Gould, of Harvard.
15) They illustrate the principle of allometry ; that an animal's relative proportions may change as it increases in size.
example sentences with allometry16) Larger bodied specimens of "Dimetrodon" have larger sails relative to their size, an example of positive allometry .
17) Positive allometry may benefit thermoregulation because it means that, as individuals get larger, surface area increases faster than mass.
18) To determine whether isometry or allometry is present, an expected relationship between variables needs to be determined to compare data to.
19) This mismatch can be avoided either by being "overbuilt" when small or by changing proportions during growth, called allometry .
20) In a organ size is increasing roughly at the same rate as body size: the slope of the continuous line thus is about 1, which denotes isometry, rather than allometry .
21) Although the term ' allometry ' has usually been reserved for morphological and physiological variables related to size, this restriction is unfortunate.
22) In addition, strong positive allometry in male head size is present in the species of Perdita closely related to P. portalis (Danforth, in preparation).
23) In the field of allometry , the relative size of various structures compared to overall body size is the pattern of central importance.
24) The size is also related to the body size of animal, of course, so this effect is removed by analysis of allometry .
25) Overall metabolic rate in animals is generally accepted to show negative allometry , scaling to mass to a power ≈ 0.75, known as Kleiber's law, 1932.
26) This 'expected' slope, as it is known, is essential for detecting allometry because scaling variables are comparisons to other things.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of allometry
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of allometry with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with allometry
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word allometry in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with allometry.
20 examples of simple sentences of allometry. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of allometry
Compound Sentences with allometry
Complex Sentences with allometry
Compound-Complex Sentences with allometry