alligator gar in a sentence
1) Lacépède first described the alligator gar in 1803.
2) Want to catch alligator gar but you live in New York?
3) A few notable sightings of alligator gars have been reported outside North America.
alligator gar example sentences4) Mature alligator gars commonly measure in length, and weigh over 100 lbs.
5) The eggs of alligator gars are bright red and poisonous to humans if ingested.
6) The documentary, " alligator gar :Predator or Prey?
7) Alligator gars are relatively passive, seemingly sluggish solitary fish, but voracious ambush predators.
8) Alligator gars are highly prized and sought after for private aquaria, particularly in Japan.
9) Fishermen participated in the slaughter of thousands of alligator gars believing they were providing a great service.
10) Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana allow regulated sport fishing of alligator gars .
11) Alligator gars are the largest species of gar, and among the largest freshwater fishes found in North America.
12) Alligator gars are also quite popular among bowfishers because of their large size, trophy potential, and fighting ability.
13) Alligator gars have a high yield of white meat fillets and a small percentage of waste relative to body weight.
14) The fossil record traces the existence of alligator gars back to the Early Cretaceous over a hundred million years ago.
15) Alligator gars have been extirpated from much of their historic range through habitat destruction, indiscriminate culling, and unrestricted harvests.
example sentences with alligator gar16) Alligator gars require a very large aquarium or pond, and ample resources in order for them to thrive in captivity.
17) Declining populations of alligator gars throughout their historic range has resulted in the need to monitor wild populations and regulate commercial harvests.
18) It is illegal in many areas to keep alligator gars as pets, but they will occasionally show up in fish stores.
19) Alligator gars have gills, but unlike other fishes they also have a highly vascularized swim bladder lung that supplements gill respiration.
20) The alligator gar is so named because of their mouth , which resemble the elongated snout and teeth of the large reptile.
21) The Texas state bowfishing record was set In 2001 by Marty McClellan with a 290 lb alligator gar from the Trinity River.
22) He also is the editor-in-chief of the " Toad Suck Review " literary journal when's he's not out promoting the conservation of the alligator gar .
23) Crappie, bream, catfish and the unusual alligator gar , Alabama 's largest freshwater fish, can be found in the Delta.
24) According to some reports, large alligator gars could fetch as much as US$40,000 in what some consider the "Japanese black market".
25) The Texas state record, and world record for the largest alligator gar caught on rod and reel is , taken by Bill Valverde on January 1, 1951 on the Rio Grande in Texas.
26) A decade passed before any significant action was taken to protect and preserve the remaining populations of alligator gar in the United States.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of alligator gar
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of alligator gar with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with alligator gar
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word alligator gar in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with alligator gar.
20 examples of simple sentences of alligator gar. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of alligator gar
Compound Sentences with alligator gar
Complex Sentences with alligator gar
Compound-Complex Sentences with alligator gar