allied convoy in a sentence
1) It attacked several allied convoys without result.
2) These weak attacks did not disrupt the allied convoys .
3) These squadrons escorted allied convoys and sank 12 U-boats.
allied convoy example sentences4) This ship took part in the escorting of allied convoys .
5) They guarded allied convoys bound for North Africa and the Mediterranean.
6) Thereafter they were blacked out when sailing in allied convoys .
7) Somehow, 33 aircraft strayed off course and approached an allied convoy .
8) The unit undertook eight more patrol missions over Mindoro, covering allied convoys .
9) He enlisted in the Free French army and joined an allied convoy that arrived in Casablanca.
10) During World War I, they were initially used to escort allied troop convoys in the Mediterranean.
11) The intention was to deploy the vessels to Norway to interdict allied convoys to the Soviet Union.
12) The Italian fleet went on the offensive, blocking or decimating three large allied convoys bound for Malta.
13) There, they were to counterattack Japanese aircraft which were targeting allied convoys during the Battle of Arawe.
14) It provided a needed stop for allied convoys and a base from which to attack the Axis supply routes.
15) The German battleship "Scharnhorst" was one capital ship sunk while trying to attack an allied convoy in 1943.
example sentences with allied convoy16) Marschall's squadron was then tasked with intercepting an allied convoy that was reported to be in the area.
17) They followed the line of longitude at 12° West, while allied convoys to Gibraltar were 20° West.
18) Banjul contained an airstrip for the US Army Air Forces and a port of call for allied naval convoys .
19) It would have been akin to the U-Boat war against allied convoys in WWII, but with even higher stakes.
20) German U-boats had very recently sunk four ships in an allied convoy about a hundred miles off the coast of Portugal.
21) By October 1939, Dönitz had decided to use three longer-range boats to intercept the first allied convoys of the war.
22) Instead of attacking the allied convoys singly, the German U-boats now began to work in packs co-ordinated centrally by radio.
23) American warships began escorting allied convoys in the western Atlantic as far as Iceland, and had several hostile encounters with U-boats.
24) Smoke from an allied convoy was visible ahead in the distance; in general Irish ships were sailing out-of-convoy at this time.
25) The Germans generally did not trust any shipowners, since these had their fleet organized in Nortraship and used in allied convoys .
26) The action did, however, extend the Axis reach into the eastern Mediterranean, and prolong the threat to allied convoys .
27) In addition to the U-Boat menace, there was real concern that the mighty German battleship Tirpitz be unleashed against the vital allied convoys .
28) From early 1942 "Tirpitz" posed a significant threat to the allied convoys transporting supplies through the Norwegian Sea to the Soviet Union.
How to use allied convoy in a sentence29) The Spitfire-equipped No. 451 Squadron escorted allied invasion convoys on 14 August and patrolled over the allied beachhead as troops came ashore the next day.
30) While stationed in Norway, "Tirpitz" was also intended to be used to intercept allied convoys to the Soviet Union, and two such missions were attempted in 1942.
31) The Bay of Gibraltar was also used as a forming-up point for allied convoys , while German U-boats stalked the Strait looking for targets.
32) May 1918 saw the only attempt by the Germans to muster a group attack, the forerunner of the wolf-pack, to counter the allied convoys .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of allied convoy
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of allied convoy with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with allied convoy
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word allied convoy in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with allied convoy.
20 examples of simple sentences of allied convoy. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of allied convoy
Compound Sentences with allied convoy
Complex Sentences with allied convoy
Compound-Complex Sentences with allied convoy