airborne landing in a sentence
1) His brigade spearheaded the airborne landings deep in the Japanese rear.
2) Scattered airborne landings account for 4,000 of the missing.
3) In the meantime, the airborne landing had taken the Dutch by surprise.
airborne landing example sentences4) These dummies led the Germans to believe that an additional airborne landing had occurred.
5) The scattered nature of the airborne landings caused some confusion among the German high command.
6) The American airborne landings began with the arrival of pathfinders at 00:15.
7) In addition to the seaborne landings, there were also airborne landings during the invasion.
8) He immediately saw that the reported Allied airborne landings in Normandy presaged a seaborne invasion.
9) The Division was amongst several responsible for coastal defence and for engaging any possible enemy airborne landings .
10) The division used approximately 20 Tetrarchs during the British airborne landings in Normandy in June 1944.
11) For the role of paratroopers in the Normandy landings see American airborne landings in Normandy.
12) In addition, the Japanese would certainly not expect an airborne landing on such an unlikely target.
13) The British 2nd Parachute Brigade was part of the Operation Rugby airborne landings in August 1944.
14) Gavin's regiment would be the first ever in the US to make a regimental-sized airborne landing .
15) September 17 - WWII: Operation Market Garden begins, Allied airborne landings in the Netherlands and Germany.
example sentences with airborne landing16) landings at Utah were to be preceded by airborne landings further inland on the Cotentin Peninsula commencing shortly after midnight.
17) The seaborne and airborne landings linked up within two days, and the brigade became the reserve formation for the operation.
18) Following the success of the Normandy airborne landings , Allied planners wanted to use an airborne force to support the invasion.
19) When Schmidt informed the divisional commander of his intentions, he was warned to expect a sea or airborne landing that night.
20) Massed airborne landings have been successfully effected behind the enemy lines &emdash; and landings on the beaches are proceeding at various points at the present time.
21) OVERLORD, the largest amphibious assault ever undertaken in the history of warfare, began with British and American airborne landings in the hours before dawn.
22) In the initial plan for Operation Rugby, the codename for the airborne landings , the 2nd Parachute Brigade would land to the west of Le Muy, only 10 mi from the coast.
23) Initially two Free French parachute battalions had been assigned to the task force, but they were withdrawn for a potential French airborne landing in the Massif Central.
24) The landing at Nadzab was an airborne landing on 5 September 1943 during the New Guinea campaign of World War II in conjunction with the landing at Lae.
25) With Soviet airborne forces landing on American soil, and almost every other major American politician dead, the President commits suicide to prevent a forced surrender.
26) Instead of carrying out an airborne landing , the 5th Parachute Brigade travelled by sea, leaving Bombay on 9 September and arriving at Morib in Malaya on 17 September.
27) Reinforcements would then arrive by sea and attack northwards and southwards, while the brigade carried out another airborne landing on Singapore itself.
28) The attacking 101st airborne Division, landed by parachute on 6 June as part of the American airborne landings in Normandy, was ordered to seize Carentan.
How to use airborne landing in a sentence29) In the American airborne landings in Normandy, the 505th actually jumped before its scheduled "h-hour", thus earning their motto "H-minus".
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of airborne landing
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of airborne landing with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with airborne landing
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word airborne landing in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with airborne landing.
20 examples of simple sentences of airborne landing. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of airborne landing
Compound Sentences with airborne landing
Complex Sentences with airborne landing
Compound-Complex Sentences with airborne landing