advocate repeal in a sentence
1) Garfield and Schenck, of Ohio, advocated the repeal of the draft commutation.
2) No. Would you advocate a repeal of all the laws because they do not prohibit?
3) When that failed, some western Pennsylvanians organized extralegal conventions to advocate repeal of the law.
advocate repeal example sentences4) The pamphlet advocated the repeal of Prussia's sodomy laws (Bullough et al. ed.
5) He advocates a full repeal of the Helms-Burton Act and the immediate lifting of the trade embargo and travel restrictions.
6) Right now , I would be cautious because there are people advocating the repeal of this statute, dramatically diminishing its effectiveness.
7) During his time in office, he strongly supported and promoted the growth of Catholic schools, and successfully advocated the repeal of the Bennett Law in 1890.
8) He advocated repeal of the legislation on the grounds that 'it implies the removal of an offence from our statute book and the probable rise of a wholesome competition'.
9) So, insofar as it is not used to advocate the repeal of that classification, its application to the case of voluntary euthanasia is unsound and discriminatory.
10) In 2005, he advocated the repeal or temporary suspension of the federal gas tax in order to alleviate the economic effects of Hurricane Katrina.
11) In January 1859 he spoke in support of fellow fire-eater William Lowndes Yancey in advocating the repeal of federal laws banning the African slave trade.
12) Prior to this, in the 1980s and 1990s, the Reform Party of Canada had advocated the policy's repeal .
13) In 1924, he ran for reelection advocating the repeal of the Eighteenth Amendment, which New Jersey had approved in 1922, after the end of his term as governor.
14) The Nationalist MP for Westmeath, Patrick James Smyth, rose to second the Bill and used his speech to advocate repeal of the Union.
15) He advocated the repeal of the Corn Laws, which not only made food cheaper, but helped develop industry and benefit labour.
example sentences with advocate repeal16) Barr advocates the repeal of the 16th Amendment, which gives the U.S. Congress the power to levy an income tax without apportionment.
17) Its repeal was advocated by human rights organisations. [ 15 ]
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of advocate repeal
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of advocate repeal with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with advocate repeal
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word advocate repeal in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with advocate repeal.
20 examples of simple sentences of advocate repeal. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of advocate repeal
Compound Sentences with advocate repeal
Complex Sentences with advocate repeal
Compound-Complex Sentences with advocate repeal