folk ballad in a sentence
1) It is a very long folk ballad.
2) Where documented history allows only conjecture, folk ballads offer delightful certainty.
3) Thomas Rodd translated some Spanish folk ballads.
4) The soundtrack to the movie Songcatcher also features many folk ballads.
folk ballad example sentences5) Waters contributes a folk ballad called "If", playing acoustic guitar.
6) He also flawlessly sings and performs several folk ballads in the film .
7) This is a folk ballad and one of the most well-known Albanian songs.
8) Furthermore, there was a received tradition of orally transmitted folk songs and folk ballads.
9) Sweden has a rich musical tradition, ranging from mediaeval folk ballads to hip hop music.
10) A popular folk ballad of the time, The Heights of Alma, celebrates the battle.
11) A modern folk ballad ?
12) Other variations include the Hungarian folk ballad "Kőmíves Kelemen" (Kelemen the Stonemason).
13) The collection of traditional folk ballads, blues and laments sung to her own guitar accompaniment sold moderately well.
14) Han Dynasty poetry tended towards the variable line-length forms of the folk ballads and the Music Bureau yuefu.
example sentences with ballad15) He was also known for his work as a collector of folk ballads in both Ireland and England.
16) Like many classic folk ballads, the authorship of "The House of the Rising Sun" is uncertain.
17) In the same year, he composed the radio score "John Henry", based on the folk ballad.
18) One of the album's tracks was a recording of the traditional folk ballad "The Raggle Taggle Gypsy".
19) The most outstanding folk ballad of the period, about AD 200, was'southeast the Peacock Flies'.
20) The boy performed a rendition of the folk ballad "Barbara Allen" and impressed both his uncle and the audience.
21) It is assumed that the folk ballads were chanted while people danced, as is still the custom in the Faroe Islands.
22) Before a crowd of over 10,000 people, the band sang an old folk ballad with the refrain "Kote moun yo?
23) In "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven," Tirill and the musicians deliver a stunning yet short folk ballad.
24) She sang constantly, a habit that sometimes irritated my father, and taught me all kinds of songs, folk ballads and union songs and the entire oeuvre of Cole Porter and George Gershwin.
25) His selection of Appalachian, midwestern fiddle music, folk ballads and vaguely innuendo-laden songs about kitchen utensils create a kind of living museum of working-class life early last century.
26) More descriptively, Sounds of the South presents hymns, blues and folk ballads captured by Lomax in 1959 during a two month trip through Virginia, the Mississippi Delta and the Georgia Sea Islands.
27) The ancient folk ballads, such as " Mioriţa " and " Meşterul Manole ", play a central role in this traditional culture.
28) The meters of folk ballads are similar in all the Nordic countries: each stanza is followed by a refrain, and alliteration is used irregularly.
29) folk ballads are known in every European country, and probably the first ones came to Iceland by way of Norway, before the Reformation.
30) The origins of the folk ballads can be traced to France in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, whence they appear to have spread.
31) Do you remember the old folk ballad Down By the River Side – The one that has the line "I ain't gonna study war no more"?
32) The Japanese folk ballad ("minyō") known as mentions the "Oga buriko" in the lyrics, which is a reference to the roe clusters.
33) An update of the old folk ballad The False Knight Upon the Road," it was recorded with members of Spearhead and Ween, and Pete Seeger on spoken vocals.
34) Who else could move so seamlessly from social anthem to floor burner, fleet hip hop to cosmic rock, vintage funk to poignant folk ballad?
35) It features 31 narrators delivering an eclectic mix of folk ballads and bush poetry from the 1800s through to 20th century prose.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of folk ballad
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of folk ballad with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with folk ballad
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word folk ballad in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with folk ballad.
20 examples of simple sentences of folk ballad. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of folk ballad
Compound Sentences with folk ballad
Complex Sentences with folk ballad
Compound-Complex Sentences with folk ballad