exhaustive ballot in a sentence
1) A system closer to IRV is the exhaustive ballot.
2) Like the exhaustive ballot the STV requires the successive exclusion of the candidates having the fewest votes.
3) In spite of its name the exhaustive ballot is not a single ballot but a series of ballots.
4) A related system called the exhaustive ballot is used to elect the Speaker of the House of Commons.
exhaustive ballot example sentences5) The leadership election was open to all members during a convention in a combination of exhaustive ballot and instant-runoff voting.
6) What is most noteworthy here is that at every stage after the first the exhaustive ballot enables voters to vote knowledgeably.
7) Provision is made for this possibility in a system that has some affinity with the STV, namely the exhaustive ballot.
8) Chicago was eliminated in the first round of voting with only 18 votes in a three-round exhaustive ballot of the IOC.
9) IRV often elects a different winner to the two round system and tends to produce the same results as the exhaustive ballot.
10) The First Minister is nominated by the Scottish Parliament at the beginning of each term, by means of an exhaustive ballot.
11) Because holding many rounds of voting on separate days is generally expensive, the exhaustive ballot is not used for large-scale, public elections.
12) On 6 July 2005, in a four-round exhaustive ballot of the IOC (gathered at the 117th IOC Session in Singapore), Moscow, New York City and Madrid were eliminated in the first three rounds.
13) As seen above, instant-runoff voting and the exhaustive ballot are two other voting systems that create an absolute majority for one candidate by eliminating weaker candidates over multiple rounds.
14) Whilst the exhaustive ballot and the two round system both involve voters casting a separate vote in each round, under instant-runoff voters vote only once.
example sentences with ballot15) The exhaustive ballot (EB) is similar to the two round system, but involves more rounds of voting rather than just two.
16) By this broader definition the two-round system is not the only form of run-off voting, and others include the exhaustive ballot and instant run-off voting (also known as the alternative vote).
17) Under the old system, the Leader of the PLP would be seen to enjoy the confidence of that body because it had elected him through an exhaustive ballot.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of exhaustive ballot
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of exhaustive ballot with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with exhaustive ballot
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word exhaustive ballot in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with exhaustive ballot.
20 examples of simple sentences of exhaustive ballot. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of exhaustive ballot
Compound Sentences with exhaustive ballot
Complex Sentences with exhaustive ballot
Compound-Complex Sentences with exhaustive ballot