backwardation in a sentence
1) The opposite market condition to contango is known as normal backwardation.
2) It is more natural for markets to be in backwardation.
3) backwardation is a message to the physical market to speed up supply.
4) The backwardation pattern is consistent with the following relationship between speculators and hedgers.
backwardation example sentences5) However, Norrish believes the signal backwardation is sending is more important still.
6) Now, given the fact of gold backwardation, it is too late.
7) This market situation, where __FORMULA__, is referred to as normal backwardation.
8) It seeks to mitigate effects of contango and backwardation in commodities indexing and investing.
9) This is showing up in things, once again, such as almost permanent backwardation.
10) There may be few such parties if short-term demand exceeds supply, leading to backwardation.
11) These definitions by Keynes of backwardation and normal backwardation are illustrated in Fig. 7.2.
12) These definitions by Keynes of backwardation and normal backwardation are illustrated in Fig. 7.2.
13) Economic theory regarding backwardation and Contango is associated with John Maynard Keynes and John Hicks.
14) Hermes' excitement is largely driven by the futures curves for a host of commodities moving into backwardation.
example sentences with backwardation15) In backwardation, the front or "nearer" contracts trade at a premium to the distant month contracts.
16) When the spot price is higher than the futures price, the market is said to be in backwardation.
17) Review of the difference uses of the words contango, backwardation, contango theory and theory of normal backwardation.
18) Review of the difference uses of the words contango, backwardation, contango theory and theory of normal backwardation.
19) The curve would have to move more steeply into backwardation to imply that prices were in for a major correction.
20) Thus, the above condition that F t = E (S T ) is violated when normal backwardation exists.
21) It is often called "normal backwardation" as the futures buyer is rewarded for risk he takes off the producer.
22) The basis will be positive (contango) if the cost of carry is positive and negative (backwardation) otherwise.
23) If the futures price is less than the spot price, the basis is negative (a situation known as backwardation).
24) This has meant that the market is in contango, but players are seeing some backwardation creap in gas and emissions and oil and as a result players are seeing both ends of the curve fall.
25) While technically this is not backwardation as I understand the concept, it is a narrowing or a move in that direction and that is something definitely worth paying attention to.
26) Now as far as backwardation as I define it goes (a structure in the futures market in which the front month gold contract trades at a premium to the distant months), gold is not there yet.
27) Markets that go into backwardation are markets that are marked by exceptionally strong demand for that particular commodity or exceptionally low supply at current prices.
How to use backwardation in a sentence28) First of all, I prefer to use the term backwardation to refer not so much to a negative basis as Antal defines it, but rather to the structure of the particular futures market that is concerned.
29) In it he mentioned that backwardation had occurred for a 48 hour period in which spot gold was trading at a premium to the Comex gold futures market, something which we refer to as backwardation.
30) In it he mentioned that backwardation had occurred for a 48 hour period in which spot gold was trading at a premium to the Comex gold futures market, something which we refer to as backwardation.
31) This will only lead to an eventual fall in the back end of a curve, causing a backwardation in most markets where they naturally belong.
32) Five year deals may look attractive because the market is in backwardation but in reality there will be other opportunities as more detail on fuel fundamentals is released.
33) Summer 07 is in backwardation and this look attractive in comparison to the contango seen in most markets none more so than the emissions market.
34) If the cost-of-carry (or the spread) is positive, then (normal contango), while if the cost-of-carry is negative, then (normal backwardation).
35) On the other hand, when the basis is negative, near maturing contracts will have higher futures prices than distant maturing contracts (a situation known as normal backwardation).
36) Ever since gold broke below $1,300 a few weeks ago and the price had stayed in the low-to-mid $1,200s, gold has basically remained in permanent backwardation.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of backwardation
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of backwardation with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with backwardation
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word backwardation in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with backwardation.
20 examples of simple sentences of backwardation. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of backwardation
Compound Sentences with backwardation
Complex Sentences with backwardation
Compound-Complex Sentences with backwardation